Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. The 2020 version is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1997467-sapphire-reserve-higher-annual-fee-550-lyft-doordash-benefits.html
It was a continuation of THIS discussion.

Use this thread to discuss the Sapphire Reserve card offer. There are separate threads to discuss:

$300 Travel Credit
Priority Pass
Concierge Service
Travel Insurance
Global Entry/TSA PreCheck reimbursement.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are (with limited exceptions) subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Landing page with bonus offer (50,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...304&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here: https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. (verified in Post #2635 ; also verified by Chase)

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
(** Note that this no longer seems to work checking on 5/18 - the account number in the secure message header is XXXXXX'd out except for last 4 digits)
(** Also I do not see any recent comments 5/18 on timely shipping or shipping method)

1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is five years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2021.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by memphian901
I filled out the application in branch today; called the lending line and stated they could not give me approval since I had too many credit cards opened in the past 2 years. I only have 4 CC's with Chase, but it is an accurate fact.

Any ideas on what I should go back to them with? Want to get this 100k offer before this Saturday.

Application is good for 30-days.
You can't go back with anything if you opened 5 or more credit cards, total in the last 2 years. You will not be approved, do not pass go, do not collect 100,000 UR.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pritomd
Any idea of pre-approvals will magically work in the last few days we have left for in-branch?
Went in today. The banker specifically said that CSR is the one product without any pre-approvals anymore, and will not be back (at least before March 11).
Old Mar 8, 2017, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by NYCFlyer10001
You can't go back with anything if you opened 5 or more credit cards, total in the last 2 years. You will not be approved, do not pass go, do not collect 100,000 UR.
Damn, you're right. I called re-con guy and he was very helpful. I've had 9 CC's opened since May 2015 ... I believe I opened almost a majority of them within 1-2 months of one another, so I think I will be down to under 5 around fall of 2017. Hopefully this card has a similar offer during the fall/winter time.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by memphian901
I filled out the application in branch today; called the lending line and stated they could not give me approval since I had too many credit cards opened in the past 2 years. I only have 4 CC's with Chase, but it is an accurate fact.

Any ideas on what I should go back to them with? Want to get this 100k offer before this Saturday.

Application is good for 30-days.
The only way is if you get under 5/24 in 30 days.
Also saw your post saying you won't get under until fall.
They have been tough with allowing any exceptions. I had to show them a car loan they counted as a CC before my wife got approval. They wanted loan total and current payoff and then agreed it was a car loan.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:12 pm

SO applied in branch yesterday and got the "we'll send you a letter within 7-10 days." Banker called but was just told to "wait for letter." He said if SO got declined come back in and he'd was "sure he could do something."
SO is 5/24 (1 of which is AU), one will drop off 3/11/17. He's also at $70K from Chase which I suspect is all they're willing to do but he's glad to re-allocate.
When I go to his Chase online A/C it says "You don't have any active Chase applications at this time. " Shouldn't there be something there?
What should I do (he hates re-con, I'd have to do it)--should I call? SM? wait? how long?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by annhedonia
SO applied in branch yesterday and got the "we'll send you a letter within 7-10 days." Banker called but was just told to "wait for letter." He said if SO got declined come back in and he'd was "sure he could do something."
SO is 5/24 (1 of which is AU), one will drop off 3/11/17. He's also at $70K from Chase which I suspect is all they're willing to do but he's glad to re-allocate.
When I go to his Chase online A/C it says "You don't have any active Chase applications at this time. " Shouldn't there be something there?
What should I do (he hates re-con, I'd have to do it)--should I call? SM? wait? how long?
Probably will be rejected because of 5/24 even though 1 is AU. You have to call them and have them remove AU from 5/24.

Now generally the consensus is not to call until you get letter, but in your case I think it will be rejected because of 5/24, so you could call. But there is no harm in waiting either to get the letter as you have already applied under higher bonus, so thats what you will get even if they approve you a week later.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by vm81
Probably will be rejected because of 5/24 even though 1 is AU. You have to call them and have them remove AU from 5/24.

Now generally the consensus is not to call until you get letter, but in your case I think it will be rejected because of 5/24, so you could call. But there is no harm in waiting either to get the letter as you have already applied under higher bonus, so thats what you will get even if they approve you a week later.
Shouldn't the application show up as "pending" in his Chase account? I'm now wonderfing if the banker somehow screwed up when he submitted it. Is a SM good for an inquiry like this--i.e. do they even have an application.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:11 pm

Shouldn't the application show up as "pending" in his Chase account? I'm now wonderfing if the banker somehow screwed up when he submitted it. Is a SM good for an inquiry like this--i.e. do they even have an application.
I am not sure but I really doubt they will reply to SM.

Why dont you wait for the letter and then call them so you have all the information. The only issue with this approach is that if the banker used wrong SSN (doubtful as you punch it in), you will have to reapply and wont get 100K bonus after 11th.

So it might just be worth it to call them. If they say they dont have the app, you can reapply. If they have it, then you can answer their questions and have them remove AU.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Wanted to update my earlier post. Made the drive from Nashville to Bowling Green, KY (today) to get my wife the card. This is a small branch that is pretty darn busy. We were told they had many people making this trek for the card. Wife was under 5/24 and got instant approval. Thanks FT!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: DL, Marriott
So bummed preapprovals are gone for this :/ oh well, hopefully they do 100K again in the future and have preapprovals reinstated (or maybe I'll be below 5/24 at that point!)
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:04 am

What do you guys make of this?

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...erve-new-hope/
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by pritomd
So bummed preapprovals are gone for this :/ oh well, hopefully they do 100K again in the future and have preapprovals reinstated (or maybe I'll be below 5/24 at that point!)
I do not think this offer will come back, and if it comes, it will be targeted like the UMP 70K Miles. Good thing I was able to get the card while being pre approved in branch a couple months ago.

So if anyone wants it, it is now or never. So if the "having the card highlighted in green" at the branch can work, everyone without the card and over 5/24 should be paying Chase a visit.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:44 pm

I just hit my $4k mark! Can't wait to see the 100k miles reflected on my next balance!!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
I applied in-branch on Saturday. I have a fraud alert on my credit report, so always get a phone call when new CC's applications are processed. Normally, within 24-72 hours I'd get the call, so this is longer than usual.

I asked the CPC banker what's up, and he said that Chase is slammed busy with people applying for CSR 100k bonus cards before the 11th, and they are a bit behind because of that. Advice was to just wait.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I don't doubt the veracity of the store, but think it's an odd choice for Chase to make. If they want to keep pre-approvals to a select group of people, do that and make it easy for them to apply. If they don't want anyone to be pre-approved, do that.

It's probably easier to remove a button on a site than it is to change the pre-approval process, but seems like the lazy way to do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.