Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. The 2020 version is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1997467-sapphire-reserve-higher-annual-fee-550-lyft-doordash-benefits.html
It was a continuation of THIS discussion.

Use this thread to discuss the Sapphire Reserve card offer. There are separate threads to discuss:

$300 Travel Credit
Priority Pass
Concierge Service
Travel Insurance
Global Entry/TSA PreCheck reimbursement.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are (with limited exceptions) subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Landing page with bonus offer (50,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...304&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here: https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. (verified in Post #2635 ; also verified by Chase)

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
(** Note that this no longer seems to work checking on 5/18 - the account number in the secure message header is XXXXXX'd out except for last 4 digits)
(** Also I do not see any recent comments 5/18 on timely shipping or shipping method)

1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is five years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2021.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Old Jan 8, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Its $300+$100 I can confirm.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:15 pm

The Global Entry credit is separate from the Travel Credit, but you get $100 every 4 Years for the Global Entry Credit. This is because the Global Entry card is good for 5 years, but you can start the renewal process at 4 years.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:11 pm

Well, I was hoping to wait and spread this out but ended up applying for wife's card a few days ago. I didn't want to wait and see if the offer came back next year.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:57 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Finally gave in, for both wife and self. It's such a solid offer...

Was hung up on how to make the unplanned minimum spend then discovered we'd owe considerable balances to the IRS this year. At least this takes some of the edge off.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:21 am

i just called chase and the rep told me he doesnt have any info about the offer extending until march in branch. id like to hold off until march but i dont want to miss the offer. seems all the news articles say that its extended until march in branch but chase is unable to verify that. where are these reports coming from if chase themselves cannot verify it?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:27 am

With a deferral, is it best to call and see about realocating CL?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Originally Posted by Appleman
The Global Entry credit is separate from the Travel Credit, but you get $100 every 4 Years for the Global Entry Credit. This is because the Global Entry card is good for 5 years, but you can start the renewal process at 4 years.
I also can confirm receiving both the $300 travel credit and $100 Goes credit all in the 1st week.

Many reports in this thread of others getting the same credits.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by valuetactics
So if the December statement closes, for instance, on the 20th, I could make a $300 travel purchase on December 21st, 2017, but it would still count toward by 2018 reimbursement limit because the statement where that purchase appears would close in 2018?
Not sure about this. You get the credit the day you make the travel purchase. You may want to call

Last edited by pilotwife; Jan 9, 2017 at 8:30 am
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by largeeyes
With a deferral, is it best to call and see about realocating CL?
Yes, if you are under 5/24, go ahead.

Originally Posted by el aye
Well, I was hoping to wait and spread this out but ended up applying for wife's card a few days ago. I didn't want to wait and see if the offer came back next year.
The 100k UR was an introductory offer. Seems the consensus says it won't be back.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by ayee007
i just called chase and the rep told me he doesnt have any info about the offer extending until march in branch. id like to hold off until march but i dont want to miss the offer. seems all the news articles say that its extended until march in branch but chase is unable to verify that. where are these reports coming from if chase themselves cannot verify it?
From my understanding, it came from a Points Guy blog post. I imagine he has some (who knows how little or much) access to information with Chase products as he is large promoter of their products.

http://thepointsguy.com/2017/01/chas...-bonus-ending/
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Originally Posted by Appleman
Originally Posted by jjmiller69
I also can confirm receiving both the $300 travel credit and $100 Goes credit all in the 1st week.

Many reports in this thread of others getting the same credits.
Thanks RedElmo, Appleman & jjmiller69 for your responses. I have gone ahead and applied for it. Approved and now waiting for the card. Do you know if the $100 Global Entry credit also is applicable separately for the Additional Card ($75 fee)? That is, $100 in Global Entry reimbursement each for primary and additional card(s)?

Originally Posted by pilotwife
YES I did this. In Dec 2016 I took a trip and got the $300 credit. Then in Jan I took another trip and got another $300 credit for 2017
That requires some managing the timing.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: DL Plat, MR LT Plat, AA LT GLD
Was denied for the card back in August (5/24), but since then fell to 1/24 and was instantly approved for $35k limit last week. Card came in a UPS envelope containing a white envelope, so nothing fancy. That brings me to over 100k in Chase CL's on three different cards.

Originally Posted by jn in ca
I won't bash or promote Chase, American Express or anybody else, so let me say that the Delta Amex cards are great cards for the benefits.

However, earning Delta Skypesos is not very rewarding.....
Same situation here, I put >100k on the DL AMEX per year since it's my card with the highest limit and I've never had any issues with it being declined, fraud alert, etc. Looking to move some of that spend to CSR this year.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TravellingMan
Do you know if the $100 Global Entry credit also is applicable separately for the Additional Card ($75 fee)? That is, $100 in Global Entry reimbursement each for primary and additional card(s)?
It's a single $100 every 4 years per account. My feeling is that a second account is better value, at least just now, than an additional card if you can take advantage of the travel credit and initial bonus.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Just got approved this morning. What's been the ETA on these guys showing up after being approved? I've got some work travel coming Thursday that would be nice to throw on this card.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by RegularGuy22
Just got approved this morning. What's been the ETA on these guys showing up after being approved? I've got some work travel coming Thursday that would be nice to throw on this card.
Give them a day to process and create the card then it'll ship overnight. You'll definitely get it by Thursday but you may also get it on Thursday so you may or may not miss the shipment. Get the MyUPS app and once the label is created, you can see when it'll arrive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.