Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. The 2020 version is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1997467-sapphire-reserve-higher-annual-fee-550-lyft-doordash-benefits.html
It was a continuation of THIS discussion.

Use this thread to discuss the Sapphire Reserve card offer. There are separate threads to discuss:

$300 Travel Credit
Priority Pass
Concierge Service
Travel Insurance
Global Entry/TSA PreCheck reimbursement.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are (with limited exceptions) subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Landing page with bonus offer (50,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...304&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here: https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. (verified in Post #2635 ; also verified by Chase)

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
(** Note that this no longer seems to work checking on 5/18 - the account number in the secure message header is XXXXXX'd out except for last 4 digits)
(** Also I do not see any recent comments 5/18 on timely shipping or shipping method)

1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is five years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2021.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Discussion here:

​​​​​​​Downgraded Sapphire Preferred to Freedom Unlimited, but Reserve app rejected.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:26 pm

Didn't get instant approval for CSR - not good sign?

Hey

I believe I am under 5/24 but I removed two AU from my wife's accounts about 5 days ago so not sure if it showed up and gave Chase the impression that I am at 5/24.

When I applied online it said that they will let me know their decision by mail.

I always get instant approval.

Should I just wait or should I call them already? any advice?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Platinum, Marriott Gold
happened to me the same way, and all they did was send a letter to confirm my identity - had to call a fraud department and then got approved
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:13 pm

This happened to me (and I too always get instant approval — extremely high credit scores, high income, etc.). I called them (didn't want to wait for the mail) and they said that because of the large amount of existing credit line I have with Chase, it needed to go through manual review. I offered to just let them move some credit line from another card, and they then approved me instantly. I'm not sure if I would have gotten approved if I'd just waited or not. I kind of assume I would, because the amount of credit line vs. my income wasn't that high, but I dunno. One thing did leave a bad taste in my mouth. The rep said something like "once you get the card, just call us and we'll be able to increase your credit line at that point." But when I did that, they wanted to go through a whole new approval process, credit pull, etc. So I didn't bother. I didn't need the extra credit line anyway, but it annoyed me on principle.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Don't worry about instant approval until a few days have passed. Continue to look at your Chase online account, if you have one, to see if it appears. In my experience, as soon as they have time to manually review the application, I have gotten the card.

Now the authorized user issue could be a problem. There is an automated line to check on your application status. If it were me, I would probably wait a week to see if the account is opened on its own. Then, since this is a personal card, I would call the recon line. If it was a business card, I would wait it out. It's hard to be patient during this process, but I am generally one of those people who thinks minimum interaction is the best solution.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 5:04 am

I wonder if I was also unluckily with timing... a few websites reported this breach and issue Chase had yesterday,

It is now been one day since I applied. Doesn't show up in my account.

Not sure what is considered large credit limits but I have amount my other Chase cards about 80k in limits

Then on my Amex ones at least another 70k...

I utilize non of it really. I pay my balance in full each month.

Anyhow, since it's Friday... I am debating if to call later today or to wait to Monday. If I do decide to call - do I can the recons line? if yes - what is the number?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:12 am

I sure this has been asked and answered but ......

Can I open card, meet spend requirement, get bonus miles, transfer miles to airline and then cancel card?

Is that allowed? Is that "ethical"?

Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ewazak
I sure this has been asked and answered but ......

Can I open card, meet spend requirement, get bonus miles, transfer miles to airline and then cancel card?

Is that allowed? Is that "ethical"?

Thanks.
Great idea if you want to sabotage your relationship with Chase.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Great idea if you want to sabotage your relationship with Chase.
How so?

Sorry to ask but I'm new at this.

I'm a long time client of Chase and in good standing, if it matters.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ewazak
How so?

Sorry to ask but I'm new at this.

I'm a long time client of Chase and in good standing, if it matters.
It is allowed and ethnics doesn't really play a part, but banks frown on such behavior because it costs them money. Chase can decide to cancel all your accounts no matter if you're a long time client in good standing.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by bklgafly
I wonder if I was also unluckily with timing... a few websites reported this breach and issue Chase had yesterday,

It is now been one day since I applied. Doesn't show up in my account.

Not sure what is considered large credit limits but I have amount my other Chase cards about 80k in limits

Then on my Amex ones at least another 70k...

I utilize non of it really. I pay my balance in full each month.

Anyhow, since it's Friday... I am debating if to call later today or to wait to Monday. If I do decide to call - do I can the recons line? if yes - what is the number?
Patience. Sometimes it is difficult to wait, but if you look at the posts in this thread, a lot of them stress patience.

If you can't wait, then call. But it's not worth stressing yourself out over. The last time I applied for a personal Chase card, it took them 2 business days to approve it. I applied on Monday, and it was in my online account on Wednesday. You said it has only been one day. Give them time.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:18 pm

So I still haven't heard not has the card appeared on my account yet....

I applied on 2/22 in the morning.

So it has been 3 business days counting today.

Trouble? should I call?

And if I should call - where to?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
So I still haven't heard not has the card appeared on my account yet....

I applied on 2/22 in the morning.

So it has been 3 business days counting today.

Trouble? should I call?

And if I should call - where to?
The wiki in this thread contains the relevant phone numbers:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ard.html#phone
Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:57 am

I called the automated system. Got the 7-10 days response.

I read through the wiki again and came across this info which isn't clear to me: "It may be better to avoid calling Chase unless your application is denied. Many recent calls on pending applications led to denials, and many people report having success letting applications work their way through the system. Be patient. Time is on your side; increasingly, Chase CSRs are not."

time is on your side, increasingly, chase csr is not? so what does that mean? that you should wait out other cards but not CSR and instead you should call on it?

Any advise on what to so next?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:20 am

I called the automated system. Got the 7-10 days response.

I read through the wiki again and came across this info which isn't clear to me: "It may be better to avoid calling Chase unless your application is denied. Many recent calls on pending applications led to denials, and many people report having success letting applications work their way through the system. Be patient. Time is on your side; increasingly, Chase CSRs are not."

time is on your side, increasingly, chase csr is not? so what does that mean? that you should wait out other cards but not CSR and instead you should call on it?

Any advise on what to so next?
The advice you read is specific to business card applications. 7-10 days is either denial or simple identity verification. Either way, you should call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.