FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1809882-applying-chase-credit-cards-2017-2019-a.html)

StartinSanDiego Dec 20, 2016 9:31 am

Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019

This is the home of the 2017 "Applying for Chase Credit Cards" thread.

Open for posting.

ChesapeakeTechie Jan 1, 2017 10:17 am

Sapphire Reserve Approval Chances?

Just checked my pre-qualified offers and the Chase Sapphire Preferred is on the list but not the Reserve. Any thoughts on what this means regarding getting approved for Preferred? Credit score is 726-738 depending on which site I look at. I am under the 5/24 limit and just have an auto loan within the past 12 months.

Thanks!!

Appleman Jan 1, 2017 11:08 am

Originally Posted by ChesapeakeTechie (Post 27688495)
Just checked my pre-qualified offers and the Chase Sapphire Preferred is on the list but not the Reserve. Any thoughts on what this means regarding getting approved for Preferred? Credit score is 726-738 depending on which site I look at. I am under the 5/24 limit and just have an auto loan within the past 12 months.

Thanks!!

If the Reserve meets your needs, I would suggest applying for the Reserve. If you are not pre-approved for the Reserve, it could be as simple as their model predicts you will not respond to a card offer with a high annual fee.

jjmiller69 Jan 1, 2017 11:55 am

Thanks!!

I applied on 12/26 even though I wasn't pre-approved for the CSR. It took 30-60 seconds and came back approved and I have over $3300 charged to it already. I had a trip that we were planning that I pulled the trigger on for most of the spend.
So good luck and give it a try if your under 5/24. I had just went under it on 12/22.

ChesapeakeTechie Jan 1, 2017 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by jjmiller69 (Post 27688843)
I applied on 12/26 even though I wasn't pre-approved for the CSR. It took 30-60 seconds and came back approved and I have over $3300 charged to it already. I had a trip that we were planning that I pulled the trigger on for most of the spend.
So good luck and give it a try if your under 5/24. I had just went under it on 12/22.

Thanks!! How long did it take to get the card once you had been accepted?

TTT103 Jan 2, 2017 5:58 am

I am well over 5/24, but received a flyer in the mail for the UAL 50K card (the one that requires you to log in to your account). The offer appears in my account, but I was wondering if I would be shot down for the card given the 5/24 rule? On an aside, I haven't received a Chase UAL bonus in over 24 months.

patrick.barnes Jan 2, 2017 11:26 am

Thanks!!

Should be fine if your profile/income support a 10k+ CL.

beltway Jan 2, 2017 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103 (Post 27691708)
I am well over 5/24, but received a flyer in the mail for the UAL 50K card (the one that requires you to log in to your account). The offer appears in my account, but I was wondering if I would be shot down for the card given the 5/24 rule? On an aside, I haven't received a Chase UAL bonus in over 24 months.

What we know is in the wiki section Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 rule? From the 24-month waiting requirement?

TTT103 Jan 2, 2017 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 27693065)
What we know is in the wiki section Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 rule? From the 24-month waiting requirement?

OK, thanks Beltway. I did scour the wiki, as well as the last several pages of this thread, but just thought I'd check to see if there were any new thoughts/experiences out there. Accordingly, I think I'll pass on the application, as it doesn't seem as though it makes much sense for a hard pull with the likelihood that I'll get denied.

amj27 Jan 3, 2017 4:44 pm

I made an idiotic mistake in late October and applied for the CSR thinking that I was 3/24 (didn't double check the credit report and forgot about a 11/15 churn). I was actually 6/24. I double checked the credit report today and am definitely at 3/24.

My previous app date for CSR was on 10/24/16 and was rejected for being over 5/24. How long do I need to wait between apps? It's been 71 days since the rejection. Is it safe to apply again?

patrick.barnes Jan 3, 2017 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by amj27 (Post 27699970)
I made an idiotic mistake in late October and applied for the CSR thinking that I was 3/24 (didn't double check the credit report and forgot about a 11/15 churn). I was actually 6/24. I double checked the credit report today and am definitely at 3/24.

My previous app date for CSR was on 10/24/16 and was rejected for being over 5/24. How long do I need to wait between apps? It's been 71 days since the rejection. Is it safe to apply again?

30 days. Yes.

nwflyboy Jan 4, 2017 12:20 am

Update annual income

I've been with Chase for many years. Honestly, I have no idea what they have on record for my annual income. Before making the try for CSR (in branch, probably next month - I'm just above 4/24), I figured I should go online and update my annual income - current income is probably substantially higher than what they have from years ago.

Is there any possible negative impact in doing that (going online and updating my annual income)? Surely that wouldn't trigger a hard pull...right?

Thanks

DBCme Jan 4, 2017 12:27 am

Data Point

Applied in October when I thought I was 4/24 (one co-branded card I excluded and one open date I mistakingly thought was >24 months old). So actually was at 5 or 6/24. Declined for too many accounts.

Applied yesterday assuming worst case scenario that all cards apply to rule, now putting me at 4/24. Credit score >800. Immediate approval and one of the highest credit limits ever. Yowzers.

Whew, in before the 100K offer vanishes.

Long Islander Jan 4, 2017 5:20 am

Congratulations. Any idea when the 10k offer might vanish?

84fiero Jan 4, 2017 6:54 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy (Post 27701525)
I've been with Chase for many years. Honestly, I have no idea what they have on record for my annual income. Before making the try for CSR (in branch, probably next month - I'm just above 4/24), I figured I should go online and update my annual income - current income is probably substantially higher than what they have from years ago.

Is there any possible negative impact in doing that (going online and updating my annual income)? Surely that wouldn't trigger a hard pull...right?

Thanks

No, you're not asking to be approved for credit just updating information. Not long ago the Chase website asked me (and my wife on her accounts) if I wanted to update our income, when I logged in to chase.com. We both made the updates - never saw any hard pulls.