Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:58 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by satman40
... best thing is open a business checking account,
Best in what sense? The downside to a Chase banking relationship is that if they decide to close the bank account they typically also close card accounts. What is the upside?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:41 pm

Business charges only??

We do have a business, but if I get this business credit card, can I also use it for personal travel, like a cruise? And for groceries? Otherwise, I might have a hard time getting the 5,000 in three months. Wouldn’t have the problem if it was during planting season. Thanks
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by dlwfarm
We do have a business, but if I get this business credit card, can I also use it for personal travel, like a cruise? And for groceries? Otherwise, I might have a hard time getting the 5,000 in three months. Wouldn’t have the problem if it was during planting season. Thanks
Chase doesn't ask for documentation on each purchase. They won't know what is for business and what isn't.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I would be much more worried about your internal controls and the IRS than Chase.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:37 pm

Will they send paper statements

my husband needs or rather wants a paper statement, not one that comes to his email. Can this credit do that? Looks like why you apply it makes you sign up for electronic statements? Thanks again!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:06 am

my husband needs or rather wants a paper statement, not one that comes to his email. Can this credit do that? Looks like why you apply it makes you sign up for electronic statements? Thanks again!
Yep, the default option is paper statements for the Ink Preferred, although Chase will often remind the card holder to go paperless
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:19 am

There is a 100k offer available. BRM confirmed that new account just approved via paper app (way, way past 5/24 but with established Chase banking history) is for the 100k bonus.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:56 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
There is a 100k offer available. BRM confirmed ....
Separate discussion here:

Ink Preferred 100k / Ink Cash $500. Ask branch Business Relationship Manager.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:14 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Does buying an iPhone count as phone services 3x bonus points?

Chase's pages say phone services but there's an article on Forbes that claims buying a simple phone will net the 3x bonus points.

Would buying the iPhone from Verizon qualify as phone services rather than buying from Apple?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1

Chase's pages say phone services but there's an article on Forbes that claims buying a simple phone will net the 3x bonus points.

Would buying the iPhone from Verizon qualify as phone services rather than buying from Apple?
i think it works if you buy a phone from the carrier directly. i bought an iphone from sprint on apple.com, no bonus. i bought another smartphone from sprint.com, 3x.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You definitely can use for anything. The only issue is, would it still earn 3x on the cruise which is a Travel item?

Planning to use my new CIP for the shipboard account on the holiday cruise. I hope it will still trigger 3x like the CSR even though cruise is not specifically mentioned in the CIP Travel category. However the FAQ seems to indicate Travel is defined the same way as CSR ... will report back if I earn it or forfeit the points which would be a guarantee if using CSR.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 355F1

Need to be from the Provider.

Also if you count on the damage protection benefit, the phone needs to be on the monthly payment plan. Outright purchase does not enjoy the protection. This probably is a fraud-prevention measure.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:17 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Happy
Also if you count on the damage protection benefit, the phone needs to be on the monthly payment plan. Outright purchase does not enjoy the protection. This probably is a fraud-prevention measure.
yikes!!!

i did not read this in the T&C.

do you know this from personal experience? I don’t ever finance my phones!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Happy
Need to be from the Provider.

If by damage protection you are referring to the cell phone protection benefit, then I disagree. According to the INK Preferred benefits guide:

"To be eligible for Cellular Telephone Protection, You must be a valid Cardholder of an eligible U.S.-issued Chase card and charge Your monthly cellular wireless telephone bills to Your eligible card."

It doesn't matter how you bought the phone; paying your monthly bill with the INK Preferred card is what triggers the benefit.

Further, the benefits guide could be interpreted to exclude phones purchased on the monthly payment plan. This is from the benefits guide under what's not covered:

" Cellular wireless telephone which has been rented, leased, borrowed or cellular wireless telephones that are received as part of a pre-paid wireless service plan or “pay as you go” type service plans."

If Chase wanted to get technical about it, buying your phone on the monthly payment plan is technically a lease-to-own type arrangement.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:41 am
IHG Contributor Badge

I just read the T&C’s again and called the Ink Benefits Customer Service line @ 1-800-874-7702

They confirmed that it does not matter where you buy the phone or if you finance it versus buying it outright.

The coverage covers ANY phone that is listed on the cell phone monthly service bill.

If you pay your Dec bill with the card then your coverage will start in Jan.
Diplomatico likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.