Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:14 pm

Venmo 3x Rent

I was thinking of using Venmo to pay my rent/mortgage using CIBP card. Is Venmo still allowing for 3x while using CIBP?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:36 pm

Interested in this card and have few questions:

1) what are the answers for business questions if my business is small (personal, not official)? How to fill legal name of business, type of business (sole proprietor, other, or?) and other business questions?

2) I am 4/24 (3 with chase!) and need 12 months to be 2/24 (will be 1 with chase then). My plan is to apply for this business preferred card now, then ink cash then freedom on the same day or within a week if possible! Does this work? What's Chase rules on its business cards? If both Chase business cards won't count then I understand that I will be eligible for freedom too!
Old Jul 29, 2017, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
Interested in this card and have few questions:

1) what are the answers for business questions if my business is small (personal, not official)? How to fill legal name of business, type of business (sole proprietor, other, or?) and other business questions?

2) I am 4/24 (3 with chase!) and need 12 months to be 2/24 (will be 1 with chase then). My plan is to apply for this business preferred card now, then ink cash then freedom on the same day or within a week if possible! Does this work? What's Chase rules on its business cards? If both Chase business cards won't count then I understand that I will be eligible for freedom too!
Sole proprietor is your type of business. Be as honest as possible with your answers because you may get a call from UW and grilled about your business. Usually, applying for 2 Chase cards on the same day is not recommended. I'd wait 31 days between apps. at least. Read the wiki in this forum http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...17-onward.html for general guidelines on applying for Chase cards. Chase, and most other bank's, business cards do not show up on your CR.

PS Please don't post the same question in more than one forum or thread. ^
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:53 pm

I was approved for this card and just received it in the mail. I called in to change my statement end date/ due date before I received confirmation my call dropped. So I called in again and the 2nd rep I talked to asked me to confirm the type of business I had. It seemed like she was updating my profile or something.

Is that normal for a rep to ask or is a red flag of some kind?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
I just want to be clear about this card. When the Wiki states
"internet, cable and phone services"
it means the purchase of these services, such as Time Warner or AOL. It does not mean that if you buy something on the internet and use this card that you will get any bonus.

So, in my estimation, this card may or may not be worth the $95 a year depending really on how much on-line advertising you purchase.

Probably will not keep the card when renewal time comes.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Thumbs down if you have google fiber for internet, no bonus points

Originally Posted by radonc1
I just want to be clear about this card. When the Wiki states
"internet, cable and phone services"
it means the purchase of these services, such as Time Warner or AOL. It does not mean that if you buy something on the internet and use this card that you will get any bonus.

So, in my estimation, this card may or may not be worth the $95 a year depending really on how much on-line advertising you purchase.

Probably will not keep the card when renewal time comes.
be aware you may not get bonus points for your internet service if through Google fiber. It does not show up as internet service on to Chase on the bill. I have been fighting this for 2 years and Chase will not classify google fiber as an internet service even though it is.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by bvbb
Qualifies for 3x
Gyft.com and app with or without paypal
eBay seller fee's paid directly to eBay with or without paypal
eBay shipping paid through paypal
Amazon AWS Fee's
Amtrak
UPS
Fedex
Venmo
TWC*TIME WARNER NYC (standard Spectrum residential cable bill)
Amazon web services (but note Amazon Rewards VISA w/Prime gives 5% reward)
USPS PO 3547750258 (standard postage purchase)
Netflix.com (monthly DVD subscription)

Does not qualify for 3x
Endicia
Channeladvisor
Also qualifies as of 7/19/17:
Google Voice
Washington DC Metro (WMATA)
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: Yes.
Cancel ink plus before applying?

Should I cancel ink plus before applying for preferred. Just have the sole proprietorship
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:21 am

Programs: AA++
Already has ink plus, can apply ink preferred?

Hi, probably it is already asked somewhere, but I cannot find it.
Is it possible to apply ink preferred if I already have ink plus ?
Also, I have CSR and sapphire as well.

Thanks
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:22 am

Yes, you can. I had one ink and got the other one. They asked why. I said cause it is a credit card (I had the bold prior)
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium.
I had an Ink Plus. Downgraded to Ink Cash on year anniversary in the Spring. I was just approved for Ink Preferred using same SSN and no EIN (sole proprietorship). Applied on Wed and approved Friday without talking with them.

Originally Posted by ssg10

Thanks
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by David Ocamb
I had an Ink Plus. Downgraded to Ink Cash on year anniversary in the Spring. I was just approved for Ink Preferred using same SSN and no EIN (sole proprietorship). Applied on Wed and approved Friday without talking with them.
Same deal with me, I have both cards.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by ssg10

Thanks
For anyone that has the Ink Plus, send yourself a referral link, it will automatically be for the InkPreferred. Easy way to make this a 100k point deal.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:15 pm
c2d

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, HHonors, Avis et al.
I am at 3/24, 800+ FICO. Have Ink Plus, CSP, Slate, Freedom.
Applied to Ink Preferred tonight, got decision pending message ("We need to review your request a little longer. We will let you know of our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days"). It could be because I just changed my address (moved back to previous address).
Sole Prop, 5 years old (real estate, lessor).
Should I wait it out or call recon tomorrow? Thanks for any advice or DP.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by c2d
I am at 3/24, 800+ FICO. Have Ink Plus, CSP, Slate, Freedom.
Applied to Ink Preferred tonight, got decision pending message ("We need to review your request a little longer. We will let you know of our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days"). It could be because I just changed my address (moved back to previous address).
Sole Prop, 5 years old (real estate, lessor).
Should I wait it out or call recon tomorrow? Thanks for any advice or DP.

This is normal for Chase. In my experience, it is common to get this message, and then have an approval the next business day. If you have an existing business online login for your Ink Plus, that is the easiest way to see the status of your application. The new account will show up on your business profile online as soon as it is opened. You can see the last 4 digits of the account number, and set up paperless statements immediately.

There is also an automated status line listed in the wiki to call for status on the application if you don't have an existing business online login.

(800) 432-3117 – General Application Status Line, automated

(800) 436-7927 – Alternative General Application Status Line, automated

Most people here advise to wait it out. Don't call reconsideration until you know for sure you have been rejected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.