Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by pallhedge
This is not true of all Chase cards. Certain business cards, including Ink, don't work this way.
I'll take your word for it. I haven't seen anyone post that they've received a card from Chase, met the MSR, and then been denied the bonus. That seems to be the AMEX MO.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I'll take your word for it. I haven't seen anyone post that they've received a card from Chase, met the MSR, and then been denied the bonus. That seems to be the AMEX MO.
I have. Not for any Ink product, but for Marriott Biz and Southwest Biz. You don't need to take my word for it. Just compare the anti-churning language:

Marriott Biz:
This bonus is available to you as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the last 24 months.
Freedom:
This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Jatan
You can have one personal login and one business login -- Chase updated the business login so you should be able to use Zelle or Chase Pay without a problem if your personal accounts are linked

I have my biz login with everything (SSN biz + EIN biz + personal accounts) which I use day to day -- kept my personal login as a back up (just has personal accounts)
Thanks for the info. Good to know. Do you know when did Chase update the business login to work with Chase Pay? Just checking to see if I was given wrong info by the agent at the time or not.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by unicon
Thanks for the info. Good to know. Do you know when did Chase update the business login to work with Chase Pay? Just checking to see if I was given wrong info by the agent at the time or not.
Not sure exactly when -- they were doing rolling updates for the past few yrs by migrating old accounts in batches

Eventually it worked fine with Chase Pay/Zelle
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:13 pm

I applied for ink card a week ago- got the decision pending screen.. status still says 30 days.. what is general timeline now a days for them to take a decision?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by MSPATIL1985
I applied for ink card a week ago- got the decision pending screen.. status still says 30 days.. what is general timeline now a days for them to take a decision?
Assuming you were at 4/24 or less when you applied, it's generally an auto-approve, unless you're a new business, which customarily requires a follow-up interview. If your a new business, I'd recommend following up with their loan risk department. If existing, wait for the letter.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by MSPATIL1985
My wife and I both applied for the card separately late last year. We both got the pending status, but we’re approved after 2-3 weeks. We didn’t follow up; we just waited and eventually got the approval email.
MSPATIL1985 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:27 am

2-3 weeks.. that is a great data point.. i will wait it out. thank you!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:42 pm

Do we know what qualifies under 3x shipping purchases, has anyone triggered those categories\merchants
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:43 pm

I am a current CIP cardholder. I just got a CIP offer in the mail for the 80K bonus with an invite code. I started an online application but the 24 month restrictive language is present. Interestingly, the 24 month restriction is NOT present on the paper application. Should I proceed with the paper application?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, AMEX Plat (MR), AMEX Delta Platinum
First applied in December and mistakenly put the name of my business in the Legal Business Name field - this was resulted in pending application email. - They followed up with letter asking for me to provide evidence of my business registration. I just waited a few months until February and applied again with my name as the business name since I have a sole proprietorship and got the same pending application message. After a few weeks just got the actual card - I noticed first time they just inquired on my Experian and second time the added Equifax.

Interesting it took these hoops, I have multiple AMEX business cards which seem easier to obtain.

Now time to meet the 5k spend for the 80k points... I like this card since I travel internationally for business and I can get 3x points on my hotels, taxis and other travel related expenses with no foreign transaction fee.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
I am a current CIP cardholder. I just got a CIP offer in the mail for the 80K bonus with an invite code. I started an online application but the 24 month restrictive language is present. Interestingly, the 24 month restriction is NOT present on the paper application. Should I proceed with the paper application?
Have you received a CIP bonus in the last 24 months? If so, use the paper app. If not, it doesn't matter.

Originally Posted by entel
...applied again with my name as the business name since I have a sole proprietorship...
The Legal Business Name of a sole proprietor is the name that appears on your Social Security Card. If you've registered a DBA or Fictitious Name with your state/county, you may use that instead.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Have you received a CIP bonus in the last 24 months? If so, use the paper app. If not, it doesn't matter.

The Legal Business Name of a sole proprietor is the name that appears on your Social Security Card. If you've registered a DBA or Fictitious Name with your state/county, you may use that instead.
Yes, I got the bonus about a year ago. Since the paper app doesn't have the 24 month language, it sounds like I could get the bonus again. Is this too good to be true?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
The invite code should be tied to the offer. Any way to get far enough into the app to get the invite code in there to see if language changes? Then decide to proceed or not. I’ve not used an invite code in a long time so can’t remember.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Visconti
Assuming you were at 4/24 or less when you applied, it's generally an auto-approve, unless you're a new business, which customarily requires a follow-up interview. If your a new business, I'd recommend following up with their loan risk department. If existing, wait for the letter.
I’m considering getting an EIN but have used sole proprietorship in the past. Same business. Would Chase see this as a new business? With regards to approval process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.