Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ordsky
it is not possible to combine personal and buisnness accounts..you have to keep them seperate
No, you don't. Many, many people (myself included) have combined their personal and business cards into one online account.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
No, you don't. Many, many people (myself included) have combined their personal and business cards into one online account.
Only thing to keep in mind - Your business profile can add personal accounts but not the other way around.
StartinSanDiego and cuthroat like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:09 am

Probably a dumb question, but I've tried searching this thread and couldn't find an answer because my search terms (Ink, Plus, etc.) were too short...

I was approved for and received the bonus for the Ink Plus® business credit card back in 2014. I still have the card and use it for the 5x categories. I also have the Ink Business Preferred card as an employee of a company, but obviously didn't receive any sort of sign-up bonus for that card.

Would I be eligible for the existing offer if I apply for this card under my name and SSN? I'm under 5/24.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:40 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
You can search for short terms by enclosing them in quotation marks, use "Plus" rather than Plus.

INK Preferred is a different product from Bold, Plus, Classic, Cash. Holding any of those will not disqualify you from a bonus.

Holding an employee or Authorized User card on someone else's account is irrelevant.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
One thing to be aware of is that chase pay can only be used with standalone personal accounts. Anyone who uses or intends to use chase pay needs to keep business and personal accounts separate.

I had to split my accounts last year due to this restriction. Don't know if they have changed the rule since then.
Happy likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by unicon
One thing to be aware of is that chase pay can only be used with standalone personal accounts. Anyone who uses or intends to use chase pay needs to keep business and personal accounts separate.

I had to split my accounts last year due to this restriction. Don't know if they have changed the rule since then.
FWIW I've had my business and personal accounts combined for a while now (years) and have been able to use Chase Pay without any issues since it started.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by halamadrid
FWIW I've had my business and personal accounts combined for a while now (years) and have been able to use Chase Pay without any issues since it started.
Hmm.. That's weird. When I had the combined account, chase pay app kept erroring out during registration itself. So I called the customer service and was specifically told that my personal account needs to be separated for the app to work. After that was done, chase pay app worked without any issues.
I would prefer to keep a single account. Looks like I need to call them again.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by unicon
Hmm.. That's weird. When I had the combined account, chase pay app kept erroring out during registration itself. So I called the customer service and was specifically told that my personal account needs to be separated for the app to work. After that was done, chase pay app worked without any issues.
I would prefer to keep a single account. Looks like I need to call them again.
You can have one personal login and one business login -- Chase updated the business login so you should be able to use Zelle or Chase Pay without a problem if your personal accounts are linked

I have my biz login with everything (SSN biz + EIN biz + personal accounts) which I use day to day -- kept my personal login as a back up (just has personal accounts)
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:08 pm

I called the branch and they do not have any better specials than online.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
I applied for the Ink Preferred as soon as it first came out in Dec 16, got the bonus on or around 2/6/17, kept the card for one year then referred my wife for it and cancelled. She now holds the card (on her 2nd year) and can refer me for it. Since I'm coming up on 24 months of my last Ink Preferred bonus, is there a way to make sure I have waited long enough to apply? I know with Amex that the application page will issue a pop-up IF you are not eligible for a bonus for having had the bonus before.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
I applied for the Ink Preferred as soon as it first came out in Dec 16, got the bonus on or around 2/6/17, kept the card for one year then referred my wife for it and cancelled. She now holds the card (on her 2nd year) and can refer me for it. Since I'm coming up on 24 months of my last Ink Preferred bonus, is there a way to make sure I have waited long enough to apply? I know with Amex that the application page will issue a pop-up IF you are not eligible for a bonus for having had the bonus before.
a. You can check your past statements to see when you received the bonus. (Alternately, add 90-115 days to Dec 16 for the outer limit for when you could have received the bonus.)

b. Chase will not approve you for the card if you don't qualify for the bonus. If you apply too early, you'll simply be denied.

c. Apply for an EIN from the IRS for your sole proprietorship and apply now using the EIN as your tax ID number (TIN).
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
a. You can check your past statements to see when you received the bonus. (Alternately, add 90-115 days to Dec 16 for the outer limit for when you could have received the bonus.)

b. Chase will not approve you for the card if you don't qualify for the bonus. If you apply too early, you'll simply be denied.

c. Apply for an EIN from the IRS for your sole proprietorship and apply now using the EIN as your tax ID number (TIN).
Does having an EIN work for getting the bonus twice? The application still asks for the card holder's SS, so don't they go by SS anyway for bonus eligibility?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
Does having an EIN work for getting the bonus twice? The application still asks for the card holder's SS, so don't they go by SS anyway for bonus eligibility?
Yes, you can get a two CIP bonus for SSN and EIN+SSN.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:13 pm

This is not true of all Chase cards. Certain business cards, including Ink, don't work this way.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: Chase UR, HHonors, SPG/Marriott, Total Rewards
Originally Posted by fishfly
Yes, you can get a two CIP bonus for SSN and EIN+SSN.
Adding to this, you can do SSN, EIN (1), EIN (2), so on and so on. It may or may not get riskier and riskier, but there's not too many data points of people that have done this to grade

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.