Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:45 am

Verizon FIOS Internet categorized as "miscellaneous"?

Not sure if this is where to post, but since it's a CIP business card, I'm giving it a whirl.

I'm assuming this is due to how Verizon codes their recurring billing charges, but I have Verizon FIOS Internet and figured, may as well get 3x points on my CIP (for "internet')
The "category" (as reported on the Chase website, haven't gotten the bill yet) was "miscellaneous".

Or is that category completely different from the actual coding?

thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:30 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by hurnik
The "category" (as reported on the Chase website, haven't gotten the bill yet) was "miscellaneous".
That is not the category used for bonus calculations. To see the points earned on a business card transaction go to Ultimate Rewards > Your Ultimate Rewards Points > Review More Activity > scroll down, and click + to expand the transaction.
hurnik likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by mia
That is not the category used for bonus calculations. To see the points earned on a business card transaction go to Ultimate Rewards > Your Ultimate Rewards Points > Review More Activity > scroll down, and click + to expand the transaction.
Thank you very much, Mia!
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:11 pm

I got approved for this card a couple weeks ago and put some spend on it starting about 5 days ago. However, none of the transactions are showing up on the Chase app, not even pending transactions. But the balance reflects my purchases. I remember the Ink Bold/Plus would show the pending transaction for about a day, then they would disappear for about 3-4 days before showing up as final transactions online. But this CIP never even showed pending transactions. I’m sure this won’t be permanent. How long before they show up?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I got approved for this card a couple weeks ago and put some spend on it starting about 5 days ago. However, none of the transactions are showing up on the Chase app, not even pending transactions. But the balance reflects my purchases. I remember the Ink Bold/Plus would show the pending transaction for about a day, then they would disappear for about 3-4 days before showing up as final transactions online. But this CIP never even showed pending transactions. I’m sure this won’t be permanent. How long before they show up?
They told me transactions show up after 1st statement closes. After that expectto see them in temp authorization and then vanish for couple of days and then post.

Trick that worked for me before 1st statement close - where it says transactions since last statement... change that to all transactions. It will show transactions. Still won't be perfect but better than nothing.

This is on their website. I am sure its something similar in the app.

Hope this helps
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I wouldn't worry about this since your as long as your balance reflects your correct amount. It'll all work out soon. Irritating I know.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by vm81
They told me transactions show up after 1st statement closes. After that expectto see them in temp authorization and then vanish for couple of days and then post...
I've never experienced that. Transactions always show up online for me w/in 24 hrs, first as pending. This is true for every Chase card I've had.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by philemer
I've never experienced that. Transactions always show up online for me w/in 24 hrs, first as pending. This is true for every Chase card I've had.
Switch the filter from "since last statement" to "all transactions".
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: N/A
Hi folks! for ink's mobile device protection i noticed coverage starts the day *after* payment. Does this mean that it would only cover the phone if i purchased the phone the day after? Or would it cover a phone purchased the same day, but with coverage only starting the day after?
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by JBG89
Hi folks! for ink's mobile device protection i noticed coverage starts the day *after* payment. Does this mean that it would only cover the phone if i purchased the phone the day after? Or would it cover a phone purchased the same day, but with coverage only starting the day after?
The cell phone protection has nothing to do with when you purchased the phone; it covers those phones for which the monthly cell phone bill is paid by using the card. Coverage begins the day after you make the payment for the bill.

"To be eligible you need to charge your monthly cell phone bill to the Ink Business Preferred. The coverage is effective the day following your cell phone monthly bill payment, and remains in effect until the last day of the calendar month following the payment. You don’t receive this benefit if you pay your monthly cell phone bill with another card. However, there’s no requirement to have actually purchased your phone with this card."

https://onemileatatime.com/chase-car...ne-protection/
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by vm81
They told me transactions show up after 1st statement closes. After that expect to see them in temp authorization and then vanish for couple of days and then post.
This is a known bug that Chase is aware of for new Ink accounts. I use the Ink app (separate from the Chase app) and this resolves all the issues.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: N/A
Will it be detrimental to my application if i call recon about 3 days after my app and receiving the 7-10 day language?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
I recently got the Ink Preferred card and need to meet the 5k spent for signup bonus. I was looking stocking up on 1-2k in gift cards (lots of good sales now) to make this easier. Have there been any reports of problems in do this with a Chase (I've heard it is with Amex)?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:55 am

Thinking of getting this card but wondering since it has pretty much the same features as a Sapphire card as far as transferring to partners, should I still want a Sapphire card?

Also a bit concerned that it would be my 3rd Chase business card...Not sure how they look at that...
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by JBG89
Will it be detrimental to my application if i call recon about 3 days after my app and receiving the 7-10 day language?
I called about 3 minutes after getting that language. You'll need to prove something or answer some questions. You can call the recon line and find out.
I had a couple calls, it won't be a negative to call and find out what the issue is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.