Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Went to a BRM to get a CIP 2 weeks ago. I have a real business and went through the motions to get the application put in specifically by the BRM. He verified my business was legit and said everything looked good. At the time, he told me it was approved, but that it would be sent to some other department for verification. One week later, I get a letter in the mail saying that my application was denied for the standard 5/24 reason: Too many recent accounts. What gives? I thought the BRM was supposed to be a work-around. Did he mess up somehow? Did I? I've called and emailed him to try to get some info from him but he hasn't returned my calls or emails. Not sure what to do at this point.

Any ideas?
Did you/BRM fill out the paper form (I guess now it is call the DocuSign form)? Paper/DocuSign is known to bypass the 5/24 rule.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I'm not sure which type of form was filled out, but I did sign a sheet of paper. Do I need to specifically request that they use DocuSign or is it supposed to be the standard? Is it possible that my BRM was maliciously trying to find a way for me to not get approved?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:25 pm

Just applied for this card and got pending. I applied as sole proprietor. The business revenue is relatively low compared to employed income.
I currently have the Ink Cash and previously had Ink Bold, and Southwest Business cards. It's currently pending a decision. In the past, I would call recon and get asked a bunch of questions. I don't mind answer questions but I always prefer not to unless necessary. I read on MMS one of their writers was auto-approved after close to a week. Is this the experience others are having? Should I call or not?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: UR
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Just applied for this card and got pending... Should I call or not?
You can check the status of your application as often as you want.

Here is the Chase Approval Guide flowchart. (http://imgur.com/a/oXlPW) courtesy of reddit user u/stacksdingo
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: *A
Just applied for this card and got pending. I applied as sole proprietor. The business revenue is relatively low compared to employed income.
I currently have the Ink Cash and previously had Ink Bold, and Southwest Business cards. It's currently pending a decision. In the past, I would call recon and get asked a bunch of questions. I don't mind answer questions but I always prefer not to unless necessary. I read on MMS one of their writers was auto-approved after close to a week. Is this the experience others are having? Should I call or not?
Took me a week to be auto-approved for Ink Unlimited They automatically reduced my CL on another card. Unless you need the card urgently, I would wait it out
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:58 am

As a rule, I don't recommend calling in for Chase Biz apps unless you have to (denial or verification). Let it play out.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat
FWIW, it recently took ~10 business days from date of application to approval for me (as a holder of a few other Chase cards), without calling in.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Just anecdotal evidence to add.

Wednesday (2 days ago) I applied for the following:

Me: Chase Ink Business

Wife: Chase Ink Business + Southwest Premier Business Card

No instant approval on any of them.

Yesterday (one day after applications), I phoned in and got them all approved.

The only caveat is that for some odd reason, they need ‘identity verification’ on my wife’s Southwest Card (but not for the Ink card) even though both applications were submitted with the exact same information.

We are headed to a branch in about 45 minutes to ‘prove her identity’. Hope it’s not too much of a pain in the arse as dragging my wife down to the bank takes an act of Congress. The card was approved subject to this extra step.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: AS
Wondering if anyone can provide any information/DPs about filing taxes after applying for an EIN? I have read a million times that there is no tax liability, but do you receive a 1099 form? Wondering if CIP 2 is worth the hassle for an extra 50k UR.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:57 am

My wife's one year is up and wondering whether to renew. The only benefit I see is the $95 goes towards insuring all our 5 phones in case they are lost or stolen as we pay our phone bill with this card.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
My wife's one year is up and wondering whether to renew. The only benefit I see is the $95 goes towards insuring all our 5 phones in case they are lost or stolen as we pay our phone bill with this card.
Seems like a good reason to keep it. If you use venmo at all, 3x is a pretty good deal too.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by LAXbro
Wondering if anyone can provide any information/DPs about filing taxes after applying for an EIN? I have read a million times that there is no tax liability, but do you receive a 1099 form? Wondering if CIP 2 is worth the hassle for an extra 50k UR.
There are no tax implications to filing for an EIN or getting UR bonuses for this card. None whatsoever.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:44 am

Is 100K Sign-up Bonus Offered for In-Store Application?

Could someone kindly tell me if the 100K sign-up bonus is still offered for a in-store application?

I have a Ink Plus Biz card issued a few years ago. Is it possible to downgrade it to a non-fee based biz card? If yes, which card(s) is available?

Thank you.
Michaelmorio
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: Chase UR, HHonors, SPG/Marriott, Total Rewards
Originally Posted by michaelmorio
Could someone kindly tell me if the 100K sign-up bonus is still offered for a in-store application?

I have a Ink Plus Biz card issued a few years ago. Is it possible to downgrade it to a non-fee based biz card? If yes, which card(s) is available?

Thank you.
Michaelmorio
Currently 80k is the highest offer, however 100k is possible if you self refer the CIP.

You can PC your card to the unlimited or cash, but it’s more beneficial to get their respective intro bonuses imo.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by flyingsna

Currently 80k is the highest offer, however 100k is possible if you self refer the CIP.

You can PC your card to the unlimited or cash, but it’s more beneficial to get their respective intro bonuses imo.
Flyingsna,

Thank you for your response. How can I self refer the CIP?

Michaelmorio

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.