Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by flyaxa
Make sure the payment has posted to your checking account. Call Chase and tell them funds have cleared and you would like them to verify via a 3-way call (Chase will set up) between You, Chase and Your Bank.

When I had a similar issue I messaged and received the following response:
"Dear XXXXX, I would like to inform you that I see that you made a payment of $XXXXX on July 6, 2018. Your payment is pending for additional verification until July 14, 2018. Once we've verified your payment, your funds will be available, and we'll show your payment was effective the day it was received.

We can release the funds earlier, if you ...."
Thank you that is a great suggestion. I will call in the morning.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by flyaxa
Make sure the payment has posted to your checking account. Call Chase and tell them funds have cleared and you would like them to verify via a 3-way call (Chase will set up) between You, Chase and Your Bank.

When I had a similar issue I messaged and received the following response:
"Dear XXXXX, I would like to inform you that I see that you made a payment of $XXXXX on July 6, 2018. Your payment is pending for additional verification until July 14, 2018. Once we've verified your payment, your funds will be available, and we'll show your payment was effective the day it was received.

We can release the funds earlier, if you
- Provide proof that the payment cleared which includes your bank statement showing the dollar amount and date the payment cleared your checking account, or
- Request a three-way call between you, your bank and our payment team by calling the number on the back of your card."
Originally Posted by beachmiles

Thank you that is a great suggestion. I will call in the morning.
Yes, except this is all BS. I'm encountering the same situation - payment was pushed from my checking account to Chase, Chase has received the payment, my outstanding balance has decreased, and yet the available credit does not adjust. My checking account balance has decreased by the amount of the payment so obviously there's no "problem" on the part of my credit union.

Either Chase has a glitch in their system or they are purposely keeping credit limits artificially low by delaying the adjustment after a payment is received. "Pending verification" of a payment when Chase has the cash in hand is double-speak nonsense. Every time someone makes a payment, Chase expects them to set up a three-way call with the customer's bank? I can't imagine a more asinine scenario.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Either Chase has a glitch in their system or they are purposely keeping credit limits artificially low by delaying the adjustment after a payment is received. "Pending verification" of a payment when Chase has the cash in hand is double-speak nonsense. Every time someone makes a payment, Chase expects them to set up a three-way call with the customer's bank? I can't imagine a more asinine scenario.
I concur. Interesting to know if it's a glitch or some purposeful action. Was a pretty quick process and only involves a call to Chase, as they arrange the call to your bank on that same call. But agreed, still a PIA and waste of time, however.

BTW, in my case it was my Freedom Unlimited card (not CIP).
Also, is this only happening on mid-cycle payments?
Diplomatico and beachmiles like this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:21 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....payment was pushed from my checking account...
Chase can see that a payment was sent from someone's checking account. Verification has to do with confirming that the payment transaction was authorized by the bank account owner.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
Chase can see that a payment was sent from someone's checking account. Verification has to do with confirming that the payment transaction was authorized by the bank account owner.
what is the smoothest way to pay these accounts. Push payment from my checking account. Or pull it in from my Chase Ink account?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:41 am
mia

....pull it in from my Chase Ink account?[/left]
I prefer this method, because the issuer can see that the funds are coming from an account they have used before, BUT I have not paid attention to how soon the credit limit is restored.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:25 pm

what is the smoothest way to pay these accounts. Push payment from my checking account. Or pull it in from my Chase Ink account?
Another option is to have a Chase checking account and pay from there. Having the source of the funds and destination within same institution should make resolving credit issues easier.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mia
Is this speculation on your part? It's the same checking account that's been paying my Chase accounts for many, many years. Hard to understand why Chase would suddenly need to "verify" that I authorized those payments now, after accepting payments from that account for so many years.

I sent an SM to Chase yesterday requesting an explanation - within an hour of sending the SM, my credit limit had been reset. No conference calls with my bank, no bank statements required.

Edit to add: I also think you may be overlooking the fact that customers' outstanding balances are decreased when the payment is made; it's only the credit limit that doesn't get reset. If it really were a "verification" issue, then why would the outstanding balance decrease prior to this theoretical verification?
beachmiles likes this.

Last edited by Diplomatico; Aug 3, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:03 pm
mia

Is this speculation...
It's not speculation that when I store my routing number and account number on a card issuer's website, the issuer can see that this is the same information they have used to process previous payments.

I do not know what information they store about payments that I initiate from a bank account.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
wife-husband simultaneously applied

self employed sole proprietor + investment income
wife retired + investment income
was told legally spouses can include each other's income when applying...?

we both got 30-day pending message applying online Saturday;
today called Verif Dept 888-204-8630 & I was approved;
wife was advised to send proof of business documentation.
she put her SS# in application business tax# field, perhaps it
should have been my SS# as I pay all taxes?
business documentation = my Schedule C form which
shows business income & business name, but wife name
not on that page, we file taxes separately. Or should she
tell her specific contact at Chase to change her SS# to my SS# in
application business tax# field? Advice appreciated!!
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:29 am
mia

Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer
What did she use as her business name? What amount did she use as her business income?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:34 am

self employed sole proprietor + investment income
wife retired + investment income
was told legally spouses can include each other's income when applying...?

we both got 30-day pending message applying online Saturday;
today called Verif Dept 888-204-8630 & I was approved;
she put her SS# in application business tax# field, perhaps it
should have been my SS# as I pay all taxes?
business documentation = my Schedule C form which
shows business income & business name, but wife name
not on that page, we file taxes separately. Or should she
tell her specific contact at Chase to change her SS# to my SS# in
application business tax# field? Advice appreciated!!
For business cards, you apply for a card for your business, and your wife applies for a card for her business. You list your business revenue on your application and her business revenue on hers. For "Other Income", you can combine everything else (all investment income and spouse's biz revenue). For proof, just send a copy of her Social Security card. It has her name (which is her legal business name) and her tax ID.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by mia
What did she use as her business name? What amount did she use as her business income?
a. my sole proprietor website name (mentioned to Chase Verif, but not what they wanted)
b. my self-employment income + my investment income + her relatively smallish mixed retirement income

is it correct that spouses can use each other's income plus their own income in cc applications?
(regardless of their actual involvement, regardless of filing separately?)
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:16 am
mia

is it correct that spouses can use each other's income plus their own income in cc applications?....
This is accurate when stating your personal income, but it sounds as if you are both trying to apply for a card as the owner of the same Sole Proprietorship business?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by mia
you are both trying to apply for a card as the owner of the same Sole Proprietorship business?
Yes. Although in application #employees field we both entered "2".
We both own it but we file taxes separate & I pay all busn-related taxes.
She plays major role in business busywork.

In Chase follow-up for requested documentation, she has emailed my tax form pages showing
a. her name as spouse on my 1040 pg 1
b. my Schedule C showing business name

Can spouses both own a single sole proprietor business?
(one spouse elevating other to co-owner vs. a significant helper)
Is it not even necessary or is ChaseInkBusnPref all about being an owner???

Last edited by TravelPhotographer; Aug 6, 2018 at 12:21 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.