Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
[QUOTE=pallhedge;29978719....
You can combine points on demand from one card to another via the Ultimate Rewards website.[/QUOTE]

Discussion here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...solidated.html
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:58 pm

Anyone had success using someone else’s targeted mailer for the 120,000 point bonus? I’ve seen where people have traded/sold them. Curious as to how you access/use the offer
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Just got approved for this card. Super bummed that I can't use Visa to make mortgage payments through Plastiq. Anyone have any generalized tips to hit the 5k spend on this without MS? I'm probably just going to pay off my car loan through Plastiq before the 3x points goes away, and put any other travel on there.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:05 am

Is the 100k points offer still available thru BRM? Maybe I have missed it, but somehow I didn’t see it discussed here recently. Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pallhedge
The current method still circumvents 5/24.
The current method being the new digital applications they're filing? Do I need to say anything to the BRM to make sure they file it properly (similar to how previously you had to make sure they actually faxed the paper copy in)?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by morphogencc
The current method being the new digital applications they're filing? Do I need to say anything to the BRM to make sure they file it properly (similar to how previously you had to make sure they actually faxed the paper copy in)?
Mention "Docusign". If you use that method to "sign" the electronic application, it should still bypass the initial 5/24 screening.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:57 pm

Is 100K bonus still possible with "DocuSign" and BRM? Or is it a thing in the past?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Super Mario
Just got approved for this card. Super bummed that I can't use Visa to make mortgage payments through Plastiq. Anyone have any generalized tips to hit the 5k spend on this without MS? I'm probably just going to pay off my car loan through Plastiq before the 3x points goes away, and put any other travel on there.
Our Life Insurances let us pay as far in advance as we want using a cc. (small fee 6.95 involved as it goes through Western Union, but all work fine for meeting spending)
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:41 am

Prepay cable and cellphone bills. Pay your taxes.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by vbnet
Prepay cable and cellphone bills. Pay your taxes.
Definitely going to leave the cable and cell phone on Ink Cash as that is 5%. I went ahead and paid off my car loan. That puts me pretty close. Between some plane tickets, rental cars, ferries, etc I will probably be buying soon, that should put me in a good spot.

I'm debating if I want to still do the taxes though. I figured I'll net about $80 in additional points from that. Just need to decide if I want to remove it from escrow for that. If I am even a day late on that, I pay a 10% penalty much larger than $80
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Super Mario
Any other ideas for 5k spend besides taxes, utilities, office supplies? My son wants the card but will have a difficult time meeting 5k with just these options. He already paid for 3k in travel on another card bad timing.

. No car loan, mortgage is with chase.

Last edited by vbnet; Jul 24, 2018 at 2:11 pm Reason: clarity
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:29 pm

I'm really hoping to find a BRM who would take an email app. If you have a contact, PM me.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Jm192
Anyone had success using someone else’s targeted mailer for the 120,000 point bonus? I’ve seen where people have traded/sold them. Curious as to how you access/use the offer
Yes, I was given a link and applied. Confirmed via SM offer attached.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:53 am

New Chase Ink Preferred. 9k CL, used 7.5k first statement. Paid all off in full on 7/19. It is now 7/27, and while my balance shows $0, available credit is still only 1.5k. Reason to be concerned?
beachmiles likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by jwgmaldives
New Chase Ink Preferred. 9k CL, used 7.5k first statement. Paid all off in full on 7/19. It is now 7/27, and while my balance shows $0, available credit is still only 1.5k. Reason to be concerned?

I'm not sure. My IHG card is doing similar. Online it shows available to be $2300 less than my limit, but I paid it off last week. Not sure what the deal is. My CSR isn't doing that though, as I paid it off last week as well.

Shows the same in the Chase app as well, but shows credit line hasn't changed.
beachmiles likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.