Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old May 10, 2018, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
[edit: Did you apply thru a BRM? Paper or online?]

2-3 days is what she said. Thanks for the data point. I'll just hang tight and wait another week.
BRM, paper application. Was quite a bit over 5/24.
Old May 11, 2018, 12:51 pm

It took less than a week for me recently. About a day or so after I applied I was able to check the status through the automated phone line (if you applied as a sole proprietor you would use your ss). The automated line initially gave me the 30-day message, but I got the approval message less than a week after I applied with the BRM. I was then able to immediately call Chase and ask for the card to be expedited (which they did). Therefore, no need to call the BRM to check on status or talk to anyone. I would suggest calling the automated phone number (I got the number by Googling "Chase automated application status phone").
Old May 11, 2018, 1:17 pm

My wife applied last week as a sole proprietor (she's a realtor). Called today to check the status and found out the BRM added "REALTY" to the end of her name when filling out the business name portion of the application. So now Chase wants documents to prove the business name/address. Does anyone know a way to get the application corrected to be just her name?
Old May 11, 2018, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by halamadrid
It took less than a week for me recently. About a day or so after I applied I was able to check the status through the automated phone line (if you applied as a sole proprietor you would use your ss). The automated line initially gave me the 30-day message, but I got the approval message less than a week after I applied with the BRM. I was then able to immediately call Chase and ask for the card to be expedited (which they did). Therefore, no need to call the BRM to check on status or talk to anyone. I would suggest calling the automated phone number (I got the number by Googling "Chase automated application status phone").
Same for me. I called 2 days after the application with the BRM(set up appointment ahead of time) and was approved. Applying with the BRM was ok, but she actually did it on the computer and printed the doc with the 100k pts on paper for me to sign. She hit send, it was not approved instantly and I had to talk to some one on the phone multiple times who asked the same questions the BRM asked only a few at a time. He would ask 2 questions, put me on hold, rinse and repeat 3x so don't worry if this happens. In hindsight, I should have lowered some credit limits in advance. Anyway, I was told it would take a week or two but after 2 days I was able to confirm that it was approved.

I'm jealous of those who received the 120k targeted mailer. Not only would have gotten more points but saved the trip to the bank.
Old May 11, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
checking status

Originally Posted by halamadrid
The numbers for checking status are in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

I applied Monday and the status line says: We'll let you know in 30 days.
Old May 14, 2018, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How is this for service?

I applied for this card 7 days ago and hadn't heard a thing from Chase. No surprise. Then a few minutes ago the BRM called me to tell me that my app. had been approved. ^ I was surprised at the personal service. He said the CL was only $5K and asked if that was OK. I said sure. I asked if the card could be expedited and he said he'd call and ask.

Last edited by philemer; May 21, 2018 at 9:34 pm
Old May 15, 2018, 10:13 am

Chase Ink Preferred denied for too much credit available

I just got denied for my application for Chase Ink Preferred. I called the recon. line and I was transferred to the fraud department (1-800-290-1316). I was told that the reason is that I have too much credit available from all of my credit cards accounts (not just from Chase). They said I have 18 active accounts and 189K credit line in total available. They said when I have so much credit available and I still apply for a new account, they take this case with a risk to the bank.

My credit score is 828. In the past two years, I only opened 3 credit accounts. I searched the Internet and I found that the reason they gave me is not a common one.

Anyone got the similar reason for a rejection from Chase?
Old May 15, 2018, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by denny1980
I just got denied for my application for Chase Ink Preferred. I called the recon. line and I was transferred to the fraud department (1-800-290-1316). I was told that the reason is that I have too much credit available from all of my credit cards accounts (not just from Chase). They said I have 18 active accounts and 189K credit line in total available. They said when I have so much credit available and I still apply for a new account, they take this case with a risk to the bank.

My credit score is 828. In the past two years, I only opened 3 credit accounts. I searched the Internet and I found that the reason they gave me is not a common one.

Anyone got the similar reason for a rejection from Chase?
Very legit reason and not surprising, especially if your annual income is less than $189K.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 7:49 pm

I will be canceling my Chase United MileagePlus Explorer credit card before renewal.

Should I replace it with this card or the Chase Sapphire Preferred for 50k signup bonus and $0 annual fee?
Old May 15, 2018, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by baydude
I will be canceling my Chase United MileagePlus Explorer credit card before renewal.

Should I replace it with this card or the Chase Sapphire Preferred for 50k signup bonus and $0 annual fee?
The CSP $95 fee is only waived for the first yr. If you're only planning on keeping the new card for 1 yr. then go with the CSP, unless you have the need for the extra 30K UR that come with the CIBP. The CIBP bonus can be upped to 100K if you apply at a Chase bank that has a BRM in the area.

Last edited by philemer; May 15, 2018 at 9:25 pm
Old May 16, 2018, 12:02 am

The CSP $95 fee is only waived for the first yr. If you're only planning on keeping the new card for 1 yr. then go with the CSP, unless you have the need for the extra 30K UR that come with the CIBP. The CIBP bonus can be upped to 100K if you apply at a Chase bank that has a BRM in the area.
How do I find a BRM in the Bay Area?
Old May 16, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium

How do I find a BRM in the Bay Area?
Call a local branch.
Old May 16, 2018, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Call a local branch.
Do I need to tell them I’m a business owner?
Old May 16, 2018, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do I need to tell them I’m a business owner?
The CBIP card is a Business card, so yes. It can be a simple Sole Proprietor biz where you buy & sell widgets or whatever. The app. asks the type of business you have and your annual income. I won't lie though. They may ask to see tax returns. If you don't have a biz just apply for the CSP.
Old May 16, 2018, 10:42 pm

The CBIP card is a Business card, so yes. It can be a simple Sole Proprietor biz where you buy & sell widgets or whatever. The app. asks the type of business you have and your annual income. I won't lie though. They may ask to see tax returns. If you don't have a biz just apply for the CSP.
chances are slim that chase ask for any additional documents if you apply with social and first last name. I've been approve for three chase biz credit cards. I listed eBay store as my business.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.