Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by buschoi
You get 1x for paying the IRS through pay1040.com. Speaking from my own experience while paying taxes on pay1040.com every quarter.
Thanks, yeah that's what I figured. Looks like Plastiq does get 3x but they do take a while to cut a check to the IRS it seems. Need more planning for the next quarter.

Been using CIP and Plastiq to pay off my student loans which has been good so far.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:38 am

I filled out the application online as sole proprietor, with same address for business as my personal address. But I keep getting the error message:
Please complete these fields to continue to next step:
  • First name
  • Last name
  • Home street address
  • City
I definitely have them filled out with the proper address and name. What am I doing wrong? I tried in incognito mode, and same thing.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Chuckles
I filled out the application online as sole proprietor, with same address for business as my personal address. But I keep getting the error message:
Please complete these fields to continue to next step:
  • First name
  • Last name
  • Home street address
  • City
I definitely have them filled out with the proper address and name. What am I doing wrong? I tried in incognito mode, and same thing.
That typically happens when you allow your browser to auto-complete the fields. You must type the information in manually.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
That typically happens when you allow your browser to auto-complete the fields. You must type the information in manually.
Right...I had same problem and same solution
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by frankhi
Right...I had same problem and same solution
Thanks PALLHEDGE and FRANKHI. That fixed it
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: BA
Has anyone been able to figure out why Plastiq codes as 3x on the CIP? It's not travel, or it would get 3x on the CSR, and it's not internet provider/telecom or it would get 5x on the Ink Cash... Is it a "shipping service" since they basically mail a check on your behalf?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
I have some questions about the cell phone protection with this card.

I just paid the bill in full yesterday in two payments, both with Ink Preferred (long story but it's easier to collect from someone else that way). Will coverage still be effective eventhough it wasn't one payment?

My luck, dropped my Note 8 today and shattered the screen. It's on a payment plan with Verizon and I owe about $550. How does the coverage work in that case? It says it'll pay up to $600. Asurion (with VZW) will just ship you a replacement phone and your balance will remain the same, etc. Will Chase (or the 3rd party that does this) just pay off the remainder of the balance, then it's on me to get a new phone?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:35 pm

I can't speak about the split payment. I did use the cell coverage the month after I first used the card. My son dropped an iphone on a ride at the Mall of America. I took the phone into the Apple Store at the mall. The phone was "bent." It was not under warrantee with Apple. They "fixed" it by swapping out the same model and charged me $299 plus tax. I kept all of the paperwork. I recall having to make several calls to the insurance company vended through Chase, but eventually received a check for $199. There is a $100 deductible and they did not cover the tax. Fairly straight forward process though. Filed the claim online and uploaded the bill for the repair and the previous month's att bill. Hope that helps.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:46 pm

Applying for Chase Ink Business. They want more info

I applied for Chase Ink Business. Decision was pending. Got a letter in the mail today asking for more information. They want
1. Name of the company - I had put my name as business name when applying.
2. Federal Tax Identification Number - I put my SSO when applying
3. Proof of current business physical address - I had put my home address when applying.

What are my odds of getting approved? I intend to say it's a business I run from home. Professional Services like building web sites for clients. What should I do next? Call them asking for reconsideration?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Do you have an existing relationship with Chase? Bank account, mortgage, other credit cards?

Did you put down a low level of income for the business?

Do you have many credit cards in general? with Chase? Personal & existing Business?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by uvasag
I applied for Chase Ink Business. Decision was pending. Got a letter in the mail today asking for more information. They want
3. Proof of current business physical address - I had put my home address when applying.

What are my odds of getting approved? I intend to say it's a business I run from home. Professional Services like building web sites for clients. What should I do next? Call them asking for reconsideration?
i received the same letter, faxed in my reply, and was promptly approved. A simple phone bill in the business name confirming the address and any sort of IRS Form stating your FEIN will suffice

But from your post above, I’m wondering if you actually have a business/sole proprietorship ?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by uvasag

Send them a copy of your Social Security card. It has your business name (your name) and Tax ID Number (your SSN) on it. Also send them a utility bill that has your name and address on it.
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:06 am

What are the experiences with getting a 2nd Ink with another (actually existing) business? A 1 year anniversary is coming up, and I don't really want to pay the annual fee (but also have not transfered the miles anywhere yet, as I am still thinking about it)

Probably can't qualify for CSR/CSP as I opened 5 new cards in the last year (not usual for me, and probably will not do so again next year, but in the meantime got to do something). Not sure if Ink is going to be available for the same reason, of course.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Do you have an existing relationship with Chase? Bank account, mortgage, other credit cards?

Did you put down a low level of income for the business?

Do you have many credit cards in general? with Chase? Personal & existing Business?
Yes, have bank account for about 20 years. Used to have Chase Freedom card until last year. Signed up for Chase Sapphire last month.
I put $1000 for income from business
I am following the 24/5 rule and have less than 5 cards in last 2 years.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by CommittedLurker

i received the same letter, faxed in my reply, and was promptly approved. A simple phone bill in the business name confirming the address and any sort of IRS Form stating your FEIN will suffice

But from your post above, I’m wondering if you actually have a business/sole proprietorship ?
I'm hoping having a service like building web sites as a freelancer counts. So no need to call them? Just mail or fax a copy of the utility bill?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.