Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Plastiq is none of such, unless there is some coding error (loophole) that makes transactions at Plastiq earns 3x.
Bing!
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: DL, Marriott
What's the current thought on combining business/personal accounts? Just got the CIP and it's on a separate account from my 4 personal cards. Is A) it even possible to combine today? B) Is there risk? I did some Google searches but a lot of what I saw was outdated and from older interface.

I'm planning on getting more Chase cards over the next 6 or so months (CSR, CIP with EIN, CIC) so want to make sure I don't put myself at risk.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:49 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by pritomd
What's the current thought on combining business/personal accounts?
I do it for the accounts where I am primary. My husband does it for the accounts where he is primary. It requires calling Chase to do this, as initially the business and personal cards require separate log ins. They have the ability to merge them. Chase certainly knows all the cards that you hold, whether business or personal. My being able to see them in one log in changes nothing for Chase. It is a benefit for me.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I'm thinking about applying for the CIP. I do some freelance blog writing on the side, but nothing that generates massive income. Based on what I've read it seems like this should still suffice. I have an 800+ FICO and technically under 5/24 as of this month, but waiting until April just to make sure. I want to submit applications for CIP, Citi AA, and Amex PRG. Should I submit all on the same day? Should I submit for CIP first and wait for approval (hopefully) THEN apply for Citi and Amex? Whats the best course of action to take here?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Jon.
I'm thinking about applying for the CIP. I do some freelance blog writing on the side, but nothing that generates massive income. Based on what I've read it seems like this should still suffice. I have an 800+ FICO and technically under 5/24 as of this month, but waiting until April just to make sure. I want to submit applications for CIP, Citi AA, and Amex PRG. Should I submit all on the same day? Should I submit for CIP first and wait for approval (hopefully) THEN apply for Citi and Amex? Whats the best course of action to take here?
Why the hurry? I'd do the CIP first (use your name as business name & sole proprietor & actual income) and after approval apply for the AA and lastly the PRG (Amex seems to be the easiest to get approved for).
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
Why the hurry? I'd do the CIP first (use your name as business name & sole proprietor & actual income) and after approval apply for the AA and lastly the PRG (Amex seems to be the easiest to get approved for). Will the CITI and AMEX apps be business apps?
No hurry, I was trying to alleviate the number of hard pulls. I know with personal cards, I can get by with doing them all on the same day, but wasn't quite sure with the business. The Citi and Amex will be personal cards. I only have 1 other business credit card with BofA right now.

So the course of action is CIP, wait for approval, then Citi, then Amex? Could/Should I combine Citi and Amex on the same day since they are both personal cards?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No hurry, I was trying to alleviate the number of hard pulls. I know with personal cards, I can get by with doing them all on the same day, but wasn't quite sure with the business. The Citi and Amex will be personal cards. I only have 1 other business credit card with BofA right now.

So the course of action is CIP, wait for approval, then Citi, then Amex? Could/Should I combine Citi and Amex on the same day since they are both personal cards?
Haven't seen evidence that hard pulls from diff. banks will be combined.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:19 am

No hurry, I was trying to alleviate the number of hard pulls.
Your plan will result in 3 hard pulls, no matter what order or timing you use. The Citi and Amex cards, assuming they're approved, will put you over 5/24. Are sure you're done with Chase cards?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pritomd
What's the current thought on combining business/personal accounts? Just got the CIP and it's on a separate account from my 4 personal cards. Is A) it even possible to combine today? B) Is there risk? I did some Google searches but a lot of what I saw was outdated and from older interface.

I'm planning on getting more Chase cards over the next 6 or so months (CSR, CIP with EIN, CIC) so want to make sure I don't put myself at risk.
What risk? Chase knows all the Chase cards you own whether it is personal or business. How many more Chase cards you plan to apply / have already owned, have nothing to do whether those cards showing under one single log in or separate log in. OTOH, in current environment, one should certainly be mindful on how many / how quickly to obtain Chase cards. If that is the risk you are thinking, it has absolutely nothing to do how these cards show up online - one log in or multiple log in.

We like to have ONE single access to all the cards and ours have been combined for a couple years now. You do need to either call Chase or drop by a branch to do it. Can't do it online.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 9:22 am

Besides things like plastiq and gyft, any other online methods earning 3x for folks?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My husband and I set up an appointment with a BRM at a local Chase bank. We are each well over 5/24. I am primary on a Chase Ink card. The BRM filled out the form for my husband and mailed it in it for the 100K offer. This kept it from going thru the computer algorithm that would have meant automatic denial. Today we received notice from him that the card has been approved.
Ok, so I can confirm that this worked for me as well (I was also well over 5/24). Now waiting on the card, but really happy with the outcome. Thanks for sharing this information.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:48 pm

Having a no-annual fee card a blocker?

Will they let me to have a CHASE INK BUSINESS PREFERRED when I already have
a no-annual fee card?

Also, spouse applied for another Chase Biz card - they declined it stating that already have 5 chase cards though on 4/24.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 4:14 am

I have a question for everyone who applied at a Chase branch. Do the applications get reviewed by the reps, or they just give you the forms, you fill them out and they submit them for you? I just don't want to get grilled about my business if I don't have to.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Venomous West
I have a question for everyone who applied at a Chase branch. Do the applications get reviewed by the reps, or they just give you the forms, you fill them out and they submit them for you? I just don't want to get grilled about my business if I don't have to.
You may need to convince a BRM to take a meeting with you and submit the app on your behalf. But in terms of your application itself, no decisions are made in-branch.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Venomous West
The Chase underwriters may well grill you after they review your app. Many data points in this forum. If you have an actual business and answer their questions honestly you have a good chance of being approved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.