Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by beltline
I got a mailer that states visit: getinkpreferred.com with an invitation number. Does that have any benefit in getting approved? I have 800+ credit but also know I'm over 5/24 and don't have a real business. Only do $8k-$10k year on ebay and other such sales. I have had the card before but got the Bonus way back in 2014.
No, unfortunately. Online targeting generally do not treated as pre-approval for Chase, usually online in branch. But if you're over 5/24 and haven't gotten the CIP, I'd recommend applying with a BRM for the 100k offer. Paper apps generally circumvent 5/24
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by prech
No, unfortunately. Online targeting generally do not treated as pre-approval for Chase, usually online in branch. But if you're over 5/24 and haven't gotten the CIP, I'd recommend applying with a BRM for the 100k offer. Paper apps generally circumvent 5/24
Thanks for the reply. The direct mailer I got was a paper app that also had another sheet that said I could go to getinkpreferred.com and enter the invitation number or I could fill out the paper app which had the invitation number pre-printed on it and mail it in. Just wanted to confirm it still wouldn't circumvent the 5/24 if it was a direct mail piece? I guess what I'm trying to get at is if this Chase direct mail piece is similar to the CITI AA direct mail piece (9 digit code) where it's pre-approved and by-passes the 24 month rule? In this case it would be the Chase 5/24 rule I need to bypass.

Thanks again
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by beltline
Thanks for the reply. The direct mailer I got was a paper app that also had another sheet that said I could go to getinkpreferred.com and enter the invitation number or I could fill out the paper app which had the invitation number pre-printed on it and mail it in. Just wanted to confirm it still wouldn't circumvent the 5/24 if it was a direct mail piece? I guess what I'm trying to get at is if this Chase direct mail piece is similar to the CITI AA direct mail piece (9 digit code) where it's pre-approved and by-passes the 24 month rule? In this case it would be the Chase 5/24 rule I need to bypass.

Thanks again
There are only 3 ways for you to pass the 5/24 test for this card:
  1. In-branch or online (though I don't recall ever seeing an online pre-approval) pre-approved offers
  2. Meeting with a BRM in a Chase branch and having him apply via HIS paper application on your behalf
  3. Being below 5/24
The mailer you received doesn't satisfy any of the above.
beltline likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
There are only 3 ways for you to pass the 5/24 test for this card:
  1. In-branch or online (though I don't recall ever seeing an online pre-approval) pre-approved offers
  2. Meeting with a BRM in a Chase branch and having him apply via HIS paper application on your behalf
  3. Being below 5/24

Does #1 still work? I have seen DP on DoC that this did not work as of December 2017.

Last edited by mia; Jan 17, 2018 at 9:03 am Reason: Formatting
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Does #1 still work? I have seen DP on DoC that this did not work as of December 2017.
Yes, I feel comfortable saying that #1 still works. Here's a successful DP from late December.

If this is the DoC DP you are referring to, that wouldn't be enough for me to conclude it no longer works. We don't even know if that reader was ultimately declined, let alone the reason why. 7 to 10 doesn't always end in denial. It could be verification. We also don't know if the banker properly submitted the application via the pre-approval screen.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:31 pm

Yes, that's the comments that I was referring to. Thanks for the Reddit thread. jwpapa2 got a pre-approval at a chase branch and is thinking about applying CIP this July. I don't think this is the DP that supports #1 still works.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:40 am

Yes, that's the comments that I was referring to. Thanks for the Reddit thread. jwpapa2 got a pre-approval at a chase branch and is thinking about applying CIP this July. I don't think this is the DP that supports #1 still works.
Generally, folks are opening a business checking account and, while logged in under their SSN/EIN, ask the banker to check for pre-approvals. In these cases, the banker just clicks on another few buttons, and the applicant opens the CIP, essentially, concurrently with the checking account.

R/churning has a helpful search engine page at churningsearch.com. Suggest you try some searches with keyword combinations and you'll find many DPs of folks get in branch pre-approvals and proceed to do so, including while over 5/24.

Still recommend the BRM route, as the paper app route seems to be tried and true -- I helped a family member open a CIP just last week while at ~7/24
lincoln boy likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:23 am

It's a valid DP. Read it again. There's enough context to let you know he was approved. There's no point in the post otherwise.

What you're referring to is that jwpapa2 is thinking about applying for a SECOND CIP in July when he is below 5/24. He won't need a pre-approval then.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:12 pm

Sorry for dredging this up, but what is the current wisdom on getting multiple Inks? For same business or different businesses?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by redbirdsj
Sorry for dredging this up, but what is the current wisdom on getting multiple Inks? For same business or different businesses?
Clarify? Do you mean multiple CIPs to qualify for multiple bonuses? We have several data points of it succeeding two times when applying with a SSN and EIN plus SSN. Don't quite recall offhand of any folks doing it more than twice, if they have another business with a different EIN/TIN

Alternately, anyone can qualify for both the CIP and CIC, concurrently, if that's what you mean by "multiple Inks"
Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by prech
Clarify? Do you mean multiple CIPs to qualify for multiple bonuses? We have several data points of it succeeding two times when applying with a SSN and EIN plus SSN. Don't quite recall offhand of any folks doing it more than twice, if they have another business with a different EIN/TIN

Alternately, anyone can qualify for both the CIP and CIC, concurrently, if that's what you mean by "multiple Inks"
Yes, I meant multiple CIP bonuses. Looks like SSN and EIN+SSN is the way to go. Any consensus on the timeline? I got my first one 4.5 months ago.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 5:57 am

Foreign cell phone bill

In regards to the CIP cell phone protection, does anyone know if that includes a foreign cell phone bill?
I'm currently living abroad and my "business" is of course located in the US at my permanent address. I pay for a local cell phone service contract in my current country. Has anyone any experience claiming the cell phone protection on a foreign cell phone bill?

Is it it worth calling? I probably don't want to tip them off that I don't spend much time in the US these days. But if I was say on a two month project abroad, it's reasonable I would buy a local cell phone plan and put it on my CIP.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
I applied for this card last night and was told to call in. I do some consulting on the side and used this as my business (15 year history). They said they were unable to verify my business name & address. They offered a few ways to do this: provide a utility bill in the business name, register the business with the state (Mass.), or a tax return.

I'm going to to the city this afternoon to sign up for a business certificate which I'll be able to fax to Chase tomorrow. I think this will eventually make it's way up to the State level so I won't run into this again. I've never had a problem getting a biz card before so I thought I'd share my experience.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:43 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by joachimm
...used this as my business...
Did you use a business "name" other than your legal first + last names?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Did you use a business "name" other than your legal first + last names?
Yes I used the DBA name as the name of the business in the application. I believe that I indicated it was a Sole Proprietorship.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.