Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
The 100k did not end recently. BRM can still do it. Make sure to specifically request a paper application. Takes about a week to get approved.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by araknis
The 100k did not end recently. BRM can still do it. Make sure to specifically request a paper application. Takes about a week to get approved.
Thanks, mind sharing when you applied? Great to hear it was available to you, as well
Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Does anyone know if Chase will send an employee card to an international location?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: Delta, United, AA
Do you mind to share which branch you went to? I went to 1324 York Ave and the BRM didn't know the 100k offer. He called the back office, and of course he was told it was for managed business clients with over 500k.

Originally Posted by sethweinstein
100k.

Thanks,
Seth
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by penner42
Applied through my referral link from my Ink Bold yesterday. Chase called me today to confirm details, and I was approved. I will report back on if I actually get my own referral bonus.
Can now confirm. My referral bonus was posted to my Ink Bold statement for referring myself to the Ink Preferred.
bbriscoe34 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by penner42
Can now confirm. My referral bonus was posted to my Ink Bold statement for referring myself to the Ink Preferred.
I also got an email saying the 20K referral bonus would be on my next Ink statement for referring myself. Doing my happy dance
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:02 pm

Google Fiber is finally posting correctly as 3x!
Plastiq is also back to 3x for me as of last month's payment.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:23 am

how to get 3x on CIP advertising purchases?

I just intentionally did a google search for this 3X and picked from a merchant in google shopping. Will this get me 3X?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by E46M3
I just intentionally did a google search for this 3X and picked from a merchant in google shopping. Will this get me 3X?
I'm pretty sure that the advertising means paying to advertise your company, not buying from an advertised merchant.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:01 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by eeflyer
I'm pretty sure that the advertising means paying to advertise your company, not buying from an advertised merchant.
Correct:

Q. What type of merchants are in the 'social media and search engine advertising' category?

A. Merchants in the social media and search engine advertising category include social media websites (such as Facebook and Twitter) and online search engines (such as Google AdWords and Microsoft Bing Ads) that advertise a business, brand, products or services. Please note, advertising purchases that are not made directly from a social media website or online search engine merchant may not qualify; for example, advertising purchases made through a third party such as an ad agency or web designer offering related services. Also, purchases from social media websites or online search engines that are not for advertising will not qualify; for example, subscription or app purchases.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:21 pm

Have you guys merged your Chase business account with personal account?

Any disadvantages? I know you lose QuickPay but i dont use that anyway.
Personal accounts have a way better UI - do we still keep the personal account UI?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by kimnkk
Have you guys merged your Chase business account with personal account?

Any disadvantages? I know you lose QuickPay but i dont use that anyway.
Personal accounts have a way better UI - do we still keep the personal account UI?
Business account keeps your activities online (downloadable as tab delimited) for about 18 months maybe longer. Personal account keeps them for 90 days. I have to download my transactions on my personal account every 3 months. The year end pdf summary can't be easily convert to database format.

When you merge, do you get business or personal account in the end? If it is business, I may just go apply for a business card just so I could merge the accounts!
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Need
Business account keeps your activities online (downloadable as tab delimited) for about 18 months maybe longer. Personal account keeps them for 90 days. I have to download my transactions on my personal account every 3 months. The year end pdf summary can't be easily convert to database format.

When you merge, do you get business or personal account in the end? If it is business, I may just go apply for a business card just so I could merge the accounts!
When you merge, your accounts are grouped under the business UI.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Need
Oh really, i didn't know personal accounts only have 90 days of activity! That seems awfully short? I'm used to years being stored! I'll have to download it for documentation then especially things like extended warranties.

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
When you merge, your accounts are grouped under the business UI.
That's a bummer too! So you can't login with your personal account to keep the personal UI?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by kimnkk
Oh really, i didn't know personal accounts only have 90 days of activity! That seems awfully short? I'm used to years being stored! I'll have to download it for documentation then especially things like extended warranties.

That's a bummer too! So you can't login with your personal account to keep the personal UI?
I think you can (mine still worked about a month after I merged) but the business account(s) are not there....so you'd still have two different log-ins if you wanted to keep logging into the personal account. I'm pretty sure the "special for you" green check marks go away too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.