Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old May 9, 2017, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by cletuslol
I posted a few posts up but:

Applied via BRM on 4/19 for 100k CIP. Went 2 weeks on the status line. Changed today to 30 days. I've seen this infographic http://imgur.com/a/oXlPW but I haven't been on these forums long enough to see someone go 2 wks -> 30 days as it seems to usually be 30 days -> 2 weeks.

I guess I will continue to hold tight . .
Followup to this: Approved today. I checked with the BRM who did the application and she was able to call in to Chase and then bring me into the call. A few questions about the nature of my 'business' (reimbursed travel expenses) and 2 minutes later I was approved and the card is being expedited.^
Old May 9, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA
Originally Posted by NoonRadar
How many of the 24 cards are in the last 6/3/1 months? Chase has been cracking down on people with many recent cards even aft landing approves a new card, hopefully this won't be you. They seem to close all Chase accounts in such instances, not just new ones. Some people have been able to call and get them reinstated.
About 6/3/1 cards. Mostly just citi AA using mailers
Old May 10, 2017, 1:15 pm

For those who've applied in branch, may I ask how you found your local BRM?

I called up one branch and was told I can schedule an appointment with a "RM" as s/he travels between locations and isn't regularly available.

I called up another branch and the rep wasn't too sure what a BRM is, so put me on hold. A few minutes later, said she looked it up, and told me that BRMs only consult with $1M/year revenue businesses. She recommended I consult with a business banker instead, who was readily available daily, and that s/he would be able to help with business credit cards. And then if need be, that banker would direct me to a BRM...

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2017, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by prech
For those who've applied in branch, may I ask how you found your local BRM?

I called up one branch and was told I can schedule an appointment with a "RM" as s/he travels between locations and isn't regularly available.

I called up another branch and the rep wasn't too sure what a BRM is, so put me on hold. A few minutes later, said she looked it up, and told me that BRMs only consult with $1M/year revenue businesses. She recommended I consult with a business banker instead, who was readily available daily, and that s/he would be able to help with business credit cards. And then if need be, that banker would direct me to a BRM...

Thanks!
I actually walked in and talked to a banker directly and then asked specifically for a BRM. He called around and we found out the BRM was about a mile away at a different location so I drove over and did the app while the original banker filled out my business account/profile.

Easy.
Old May 10, 2017, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by optostar
I product changed one of my Ink Plus to an Ink Preferred successfully on 3/13/17 and received the new cards yesterday 3/31/17. Can someone update the wiki for me? I don't have 90 posts yet.

Also, does anyone use AWS? Even though it's not advertising but was wondering if perhaps it would count as 3x...wish this 3x included all internet-related business solutions.
I have a small AWS bill, and it appeared to earn 3X on my Ink Preferred this month.
optostar likes this.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:30 pm

Help me to understand, please!

I am a little confused with the following:

"Chase cardmembers who currently have or have had a Chase credit card in any Rewards Program associated with this offer, may not be eligible for a second Chase credit card in the same Rewards Program."

I am thinking about applying for the Chase Ink Plus Business Preferred and I also have a Chase Sapphire Reserved. These 2 cards both offers the 1:1 point transfers to leading frequent travel programs.

What does it mean by "any rewards program"? Am I eligible or ineligible for the Ink Plus Business Preferred's 80,000 points offer? Is this CIPBP considered a second Chase credit card in the same Rewards Program?

I certainly would not want to spend $5,000 on a card which will not give me any point at the end.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by cletuslol
I actually walked in and talked to a banker directly and then asked specifically for a BRM. He called around and we found out the BRM was about a mile away at a different location so I drove over and did the app while the original banker filled out my business account/profile.

Easy.
Thanks for sharing this.

Did the banker happen to ask why you specifically wanted a BRM, and that s/he could help you instead? Either the 80k or 100k CIP offers, for example

Did the banker happen to try to weed you out by mentioning the $1M requirement, etc.?
Old May 11, 2017, 9:00 am

Thanks for sharing this.

Did the banker happen to ask why you specifically wanted a BRM, and that s/he could help you instead? Either the 80k or 100k CIP offers, for example

Did the banker happen to try to weed you out by mentioning the $1M requirement, etc.?
I was upfront and said I wanted to talk to the BRM about the 100k CIP offer and the normal desk banker just responded "Oh! Yeah you need her for that offer.. lets find out which branch she is at." No mention of a $1M requirement or any requirements actually.
Old May 11, 2017, 8:26 pm

Received email about 80K. Applied and got 30 day message. Checked online but didn't see the application showing on the pending screen so I called in to ask if it would eventually be trackable there. Rep didn't know but offered to review app. 1 hr + 15 min and a hell of a lot of questions later I was approved after agreeing to a slightly reduced limit on my Biz Ink plus.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by allergictocoach
Received email about 80K. Applied and got 30 day message. Checked online but didn't see the application showing on the pending screen so I called in to ask if it would eventually be trackable there. Rep didn't know but offered to review app. 1 hr + 15 min and a hell of a lot of questions later I was approved after agreeing to a slightly reduced limit on my Biz Ink plus.
I also got the 30 days message when I applied but reading this thread said 30 days means "likely to be approved" where 2 weeks is the bad one. I didn't call and the card came in a week.
Old May 15, 2017, 10:15 pm

Not sure where to put this but I used my CSR card for the Minute Suites in PHL recently. I stayed a little longer than 1 hour that was provided by the Priority Pass card. I thought I would get 3x for the additional charge to my CSR. Unfortunately, no such luck, 1x only. I'd imagine this would be the case for the Ink card as well.
Old May 16, 2017, 12:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by caburrito
Not sure where to put this but I used my CSR card for the Minute Suites in PHL recently. I stayed a little longer than 1 hour that was provided by the Priority Pass card. I thought I would get 3x for the additional charge to my CSR. Unfortunately, no such luck, 1x only. I'd imagine this would be the case for the Ink card as well.

So back in February I got this card for the 80k offer. When the 100k offer came out, I sent several SM's requesting a match but all were rejected. I then decided to file a complaint with the CFPB. Well, it worked. Chase deposited the extra 20k into my account.
Old May 16, 2017, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by GeorgeLopez
So back in February I got this card for the 80k offer. When the 100k offer came out, I sent several SM's requesting a match but all were rejected. I then decided to file a complaint with the CFPB. Well, it worked. Chase deposited the extra 20k into my account.
Congrats! May I ask what reasoning you wrote to request the match?

I've called a few times for the extra 20k, but been told their offers change, so the bonus is whatever it is during time of application :/
Old May 16, 2017, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Congrats! May I ask what reasoning you wrote to request the match?

I've called a few times for the extra 20k, but been told their offers change, so the bonus is whatever it is during time of application :/

1) I had applied in branch for the Preferred, but not with a BRM. But when I sent the secure message to Chase, the reasoning that they came back with was that the offer was only valid for in branch applications. So I qualified.

2) In the past, Chase has matched me to increased offers that were available within 90 days of my initial application.
Old May 16, 2017, 8:27 pm

Anybody happen to know offhand where a BRM can be found in Madison, WI (or near I-94 passing by)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.