Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by mia
It does not cover lost phones.

It's explained in the terms:
Right, but where would say, leaving it in a cab, fall? It's not really "mysterious" or "unexplained" but I also wouldn't really say that location is "unknown" or "impractical" either.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by TechBBBFan
Right, but where would say, leaving it in a cab, fall? It's not really "mysterious" or "unexplained" but I also wouldn't really say that location is "unknown" or "impractical" either.
That's frustrating to see. They certainly don't advertise the many restrictions, and are touting it as a major benefit of the card. I wonder what percentage of all cell phone insurance claims would be covered under their definition. 10%? It seems a bit disingenuous to me to advertise it as this great benefit, and then to explicitly exclude the #1 reason for cell phone claims (if I had to guess).
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:33 am

Here are the terms from the benefits guide

Cellular Telephone Protection
Benefit Information
What is Cell Phone Protection?
Subject to the terms and conditions provided in this Guide to Benefit,
Cellular Telephone Protection will reimburse the eligible Cardholder
(the “Cardholder”, also referred to as “You” or “Your”) for damage
Outside of the U.S., call collect at 1-804-673-1691 49
to, theft of, or involuntary and accidental parting of Eligible Cellular
Wireless Telephones. Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephones are the
lines listed on Your most recent cellular provider’s monthly billing
statement for the billing cycle prior to when the incident occurred.

Cellular Telephone Protection is subject to a one hundred ($100.00)
dollar deductible per claim and a maximum of three (3) claims per
twelve (12) month period. The maximum benefit limit is six hundred
($600.00) dollars per claim and eighteen hundred ($1,800.00)
dollars per twelve (12) month period.
Coverage Information
Who is eligible for this protection?
To be eligible for Cellular Telephone Protection, You must be a valid
Cardholder of an eligible U.S.-issued Chase card and charge Your
monthly cellular wireless telephone bills to Your eligible card. Following
the program effective date set forth above, Your cellular telephone
protection begins the day following your cellular wireless telephone bill
payment and remains in effect until the last day of the calendar month
following the payment. Coverage is suspended if no payment is made
on your eligible card.
I bolded the part that appears to me to cover all lines on the bill that is paid for with the card.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by TechBBBFan
Just curious how the 5/24 rule works on the Ink Preferred.
If I'm over 5/24 on my personal cards but am not over 5/24 on my business cards, did I exceed its threshold? Does the 5/24 rule count all cards regardless of it being personal or business?

Thanks!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA MM
Darn - unlike Ink Business Plus, this one is asking for a Tax ID # of the business. I had a small business selling homemade knick-knacks. I don't anymore. Grrrr. I guess this is for real current business owners only.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by pindi
Darn - unlike Ink Business Plus, this one is asking for a Tax ID # of the business. I had a small business selling homemade knick-knacks. I don't anymore. Grrrr. I guess this is for real current business owners only.
I just got one of these cards for the first time a week ago. I used my SSN number as my tax ID number. I listed my business as sole proprietor. You do not need a FEIN.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:21 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by pindi
... this one is asking for a Tax ID # of the business..
No different than any other business card application. If you click the box it says: Tax Identification Number is required to open a business card account. If you are a Sole Proprietor, please enter SSN.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:42 am

5/24 business vs personal

Originally Posted by xeal
Just curious how the 5/24 rule works on the Ink Preferred.
If I'm over 5/24 on my personal cards but am not over 5/24 on my business cards, did I exceed its threshold? Does the 5/24 rule count all cards regardless of it being personal or business?

Thanks!
My recent online app was rejected in 2 days by letter on 5/24 basis. I have a legitimate corp with no credit cards so the rejection appears based purely on my personal card history. I went to two NY branches and both managers said they had no leeway to affect the algorithmic decisions. One said all their flexibility was taken away last year.

Last edited by bvbb; Apr 9, 2017 at 12:43 am Reason: grammar
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:13 pm

Can someone tell me how your finding out your application status?
I applied for this card on Friday through a branch. I haven't received anything but an email from the rep that i applied with stating that I should hear something in about 5 days.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:12 am

Chase Private Client?

Originally Posted by bvbb
My recent online app was rejected in 2 days by letter on 5/24 basis. I have a legitimate corp with no credit cards so the rejection appears based purely on my personal card history. I went to two NY branches and both managers said they had no leeway to affect the algorithmic decisions. One said all their flexibility was taken away last year.
I spoke to bankers at a 3rd branch -- a busy one in NYC this time. They said that enrolling as a Chase Private Client would give them more leeway to override my algorithmic Ink rejection-- but still no promises. Of course, moving $250K in assets to Chase is an option for very few of us.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo
Does the fact that it was gyft make it telecomm or did the addition of paypal as the intermediary drive telecomm classification?

Just did a test run to see how it posts. Still pending...
Also purchased a small amount through Gyft for legit biz spend today. Hoping it will code as 3x.

I am, however, concerned with Chase flagging my account for MS if I continue to use Gyft for larger amounts.

Not interested in MS but would like to get 3x for purchases I'm making every month through Amazon and other merchants with cards on Gyft.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:12 pm

I Put $9,328 spend on Ebay fees and shipping labels made through ebay. Got exactly X3 for all of it, 107,984 total points including the 80k on my first statement.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by tokkifierce

I Put $9,328 spend on Ebay fees and shipping labels made through ebay. Got exactly X3 for all of it, 107,984 total points including the 80k on my first statement.
I assume this is only for Preferred. Is that right? I used to put eBay fees on Plus and Bold and don't remember a bonus (still have the cards). Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by nychad10
Can someone tell me how your finding out your application status?
I applied for this card on Friday through a branch. I haven't received anything but an email from the rep that i applied with stating that I should hear something in about 5 days.
Call 1-800-432-3117, press #, 3, 1, enter SSN/EIN used for application. You'll hear your status after that.

30 days = pending review, potentially approved
2 weeks = likely denied
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
I assume this is only for Preferred. Is that right? I used to put eBay fees on Plus and Bold and don't remember a bonus (still have the cards). Thanks.
Yes the new preferred card. I think it falls under the 3% advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.