Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:32 pm

Any data-points on a instant approval for this card?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:09 pm

I product changed one of my Ink Plus to an Ink Preferred successfully on 3/13/17 and received the new cards yesterday 3/31/17. Can someone update the wiki for me? I don't have 90 posts yet.

Also, does anyone use AWS? Even though it's not advertising but was wondering if perhaps it would count as 3x...wish this 3x included all internet-related business solutions.

Last edited by optostar; Apr 1, 2017 at 1:16 pm
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Anyone have info on 100k bonus match? Spouse approved last month with 80k bonus but hasn't met spend yet.
Originally Posted by kerrigjl
Hello (kerrigjl),

Thank you for your recent message regarding the bonus
offer for your account.

The offer to earn 100,000 points is only applicable to
accounts that were opened at the branch. We ask that you
trust that this decision is the same for all members whose
accounts do not fall within this category. We feel that
adhering to the same policy for all members outside of
this designated time frame is the best way to remain fair
and consistent.

(kerrigjl), I see that the offer for your account is to earn
80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in
the first 3 months after account opening. You have until
July 13, 2017 to earn the bonus points.

Note: Purchases do not include balance transfers, cash
advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks,
foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access
your account, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent
charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if
applicable.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing
Chase.

(rep)
Chase Email Servicing
(phone)
I got on to post the message I received from Customer Service through Secure Message, but there appears to be an issue with the site right now. The rep that responded to me said the 100k offer was only available to Chase Private Clients. I'll post the full message as soon as it's available again.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:23 pm

Ink Business Preferred Two Person Household

Hesitant to apply for another ink business preferred account.

My wife and I both have CSP, I have a CSF. My wife signed up for and was approved for a IBP card. I was added as an authorized user. We have fulfilled and received the SB.

I'm a newbie and considering applying for a another ink preferred business card. I am at 4/24 not including the IBP. My wife is at 3/24 not including the IBP. Both of us have credit scores above 800.

My question: can one business have two different credit card accounts with chase? Maybe it's a stupid question, especially since there are only two employees and I am currently listed as an authorized user on the already open account, but I thought I'd ask.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:07 pm

Here is the message I received after inquiring about being matched to the 100k offer.
Hello ,

We are pleased to welcome you as a new Chase Ink Biz
customer and look forward to earning your loyalty.

Let me share that we don't have a similar offer available
for your account right now, and we can't match the one you
requested. The bonus points offer is only for Chase
Private clients accounts.

As you are not a Chase Private Client, I regret to inform
you that your account isn?t eligible for this offer. We
know this is not the answer you hoped for, and we
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Our credit card offers vary and change, and new ones
become available on a regular basis. We hope you'll
continue to check with us for available offers that apply
to your account. We appreciate your loyalty.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter and thank
you for choosing Chase.

Thank you,

Chase Email Servicing
1-800-346-5538
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:25 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by kerrigjl
Hello (kerrigjl),

Thank you for your recent message regarding the bonus
offer for your account.

The offer to earn 100,000 points is only applicable to
accounts that were opened at the branch. We ask that you
trust that this decision is the same for all members whose
accounts do not fall within this category. We feel that
adhering to the same policy for all members outside of
this designated time frame is the best way to remain fair
and consistent.

(rep)
Chase Email Servicing
(phone)
This is new wording. It's also a little odd to refer to in branch applications and "adhering to the same policy... outside of the designated time frame" . Are they holding the line for in branch apps, or is the issue that your app was outside the time frame, as mentioned? Unlike others, this response makes no mention of CPC status.

I wonder if they are addressing the "please match my offer" inquiries that have been so successful for so many years.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
This is new wording. It's also a little odd to refer to in branch applications and "adhering to the same policy... outside of the designated time frame" . Are they holding the line for in branch apps, or is the issue that your app was outside the time frame, as mentioned? Unlike others, this response makes no mention of CPC status.

I wonder if they are addressing the "please match my offer" inquiries that have been so successful for so many years.
I was approved 3/13.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by gumercindo
Does the fact that it was gyft make it telecomm or did the addition of paypal as the intermediary drive telecomm classification?

Just did a test run to see how it posts. Still pending...
I have no idea what it is specifically coding as. On chase.som it just says bonus telecom,ship,ect... I just assumed it was telecom. I can confirm 4 separate occasions I have gotten bonus points on the chase ink preferred with gift cards purchased via the ihone gyft app paying with paypal. I have purchased whole foods, starbucks, underarmor and amazon gift cards and had success. 3x bonus points for my minimum spend is good. I am only using this card for minimum spend signup bonus and the cell phone insurance long term. It is my wife's card, I have a chase ink plus which gives 5x points on office supply stores and thus I can get 5x on gift cards via gyft with that card and it will be my primary.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:11 am

Very nice. I have read some concerns over gyft when dealing with high denominations of gift cards? I would be heavy on whole foods and amazon cards as well.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by rabbmd
I have no idea what it is specifically coding as. On chase.som it just says bonus telecom,ship,ect... I just assumed it was telecom. I can confirm 4 separate occasions I have gotten bonus points on the chase ink preferred with gift cards purchased via the ihone gyft app paying with paypal. I have purchased whole foods, starbucks, underarmor and amazon gift cards and had success. 3x bonus points for my minimum spend is good. I am only using this card for minimum spend signup bonus and the cell phone insurance long term. It is my wife's card, I have a chase ink plus which gives 5x points on office supply stores and thus I can get 5x on gift cards via gyft with that card and it will be my primary.
I thought the phone insurance only works for bona fide companies/employees?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by TechBBBFan
I thought the phone insurance only works for bona fide companies/employees?
What are you basing this on? If true, it eliminates a big benefit of this particular card.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Mancolt
What are you basing this on? If true, it eliminates a big benefit of this particular card.
My guess is that things can get sticky when you go to seek reimbursement from Chase especially if there's no real "biz" documentation. They can potentially cite terms violations or whatnot. That's what I infer from that post.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:08 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I have edited the Wikipost to include a link to the Benefits Guide. The guide documents the cellular phone feature. There are some very specific requirements, but I don't see anything that would preclude an individual from using it, bearing in mind that it is secondary coverage after all other types of insurance.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Mancolt
Just their description as covering "you and your employees." Does anyone have a copy of the terms and conditions so I can know for sure?

Update: I read the Wiki. I agree it doesn't, by its terms, exclude people not using it in a traditional business, but it's also not clear as to whether "loss" is covered. "Accidental parting" is, but "mysterious disappearance" is not. I fail to see the difference.

Last edited by TechBBBFan; Apr 5, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:21 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
It does not cover lost phones.

Originally Posted by TechBBBFan
"Accidental parting" is, but "mysterious disappearance" is not. I fail to see the difference.
It's explained in the terms:

What type of protection is this?

After all insurance or indemnity has been exhausted, cellular
telephone protection will cover the damage to, theft of, or involuntary
and accidental parting with the Cellular Wireless Telephone...Involuntary and accidental parting with property means the unintended separation from an item of personal property in which the item’s location is known but recovery is impractical to complete.
What is not covered?

Cellular wireless telephones that are lost or “mysteriously disappear.”

“Mysterious disappearance” means the vanishing of an item in an unexplained manner where there is absence of evidence of a wrongful act by a person or persons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.