FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1797359-chase-ink-business-preferred-2016-2020-archived.html)

theplayer Jun 1, 2020 5:03 am

Is Chase tightening the reins on approvals? Just denied at 4/24, high credit score. Last CC approval was for Aer Lingus in March. Combined credit limit with Chase is $60k on $152 income. Is it worth calling in?

mia Jun 1, 2020 5:27 am

Originally Posted by theplayer (Post 32419848)
Is Chase tightening the reins on approvals?

Yes. Please read here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...20-onward.html

mileshound Jun 15, 2020 7:35 pm

I am renting a house for a week through a real estate agency that takes cards. I know they are coded as travel by Chase since a few months ago I used a Chase Marriott card for a charge with them and saw the designation. The Visa MCC lists them as a hotel/motel. If I use the ink card will it only earn normal points since Real Estate agents are excluded from the travel bonus, even if it is coded as a travel category?

I suspect it would only earn base points so I then would use the AMEX bus blue card for 2x MR points.

pallhedge Jun 16, 2020 6:51 am

Originally Posted by mileshound (Post 32459393)
The Visa MCC lists them as a hotel/motel.

This is all that matters. If true, you will earn UR as travel.

Originally Posted by mileshound (Post 32459393)
...Real Estate agents are excluded from the travel bonus, even if it is coded as a travel category?

This won't happen. Again, if the Visa code is hotel/motel, it's a hotel/motel, not a real estate agent, as far as Chase is concerned.

Traveler56789 Jun 27, 2020 5:57 pm

I applied for the chase ink preferred in June 2018, received the signup bonus, and cancelled in July 2019. Can I reapply and get the sign up bonus now?

Its been 24 months since I was last approved, but I’m a little confused if that is enough, or if I have to wait 24 months from when I received the signup bonus (which was probably 2-3 months after opening it in 2018).

mia Jun 27, 2020 6:10 pm

The terms of the offer stipulate 24 months from receipt of bonus:

I understand that any new cardmember bonus offers for this product are not available to either current or previous cardmembers of this product who received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the last 24 months.
In practice, Chase has reportedly not enforced this restriction.

HOWEVER, it now more difficult to be approved for any Chase business card, and previous success is not an indicator. See here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...20-onward.html

rafsta Jul 14, 2020 3:43 pm

I just noticed I stopped receiving 3x UR points for any shipping labels created through PayPal [PayPal *USPOSTALSER] ... Called Chase CS, they said those transactions are now classified as 'government agency' and blame PayPal for coding it that way.

Anyone else having this issue? It was 3x up until early June...

The One With the Hit Stick 3290 Jul 14, 2020 3:44 pm

Has anyone had any issue with getting 3X points for purchases with social media or search engines recently with their card recently?

I'm nowhere near the $150k annual spend cap for the bonus categories and for some reason this past week, I'm noticing Google Ads on Chase.com shows up as 1X instead of 3X. This is the same bonus category that was awarding 3X since January 2020 (when I got the card).

Originally Posted by rafsta (Post 32531777)
I just noticed I stopped receiving 3x UR points for any shipping labels created through PayPal [PayPal *USPOSTALSER] ... Called Chase CS, they said those transactions are now classified as 'government agency' and blame PayPal for coding it that way.

Anyone else having this issue? It was 3x up until early June...

I sent a SM yesterday and they said something similar: " GOOGLE *ADS categorizes themselves as " Computer Programming, " with Visa and MasterCard, which isn't in the bonus category" which is really disappointing. I first noticed the change from 3X --> 1X starting in early July.

mia Jul 14, 2020 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by rafsta (Post 32531777)
....Chase CS, they said those transactions are now classified as 'government agency' and blame PayPal for coding it that way.

Originally Posted by TheOneWiththeHitStick3290 (Post 32531794)
" GOOGLE *ADS categorizes themselves as " Computer Programming, "

Categories are controlled by the merchant, not by any card issuer. The actual choice is typically made by the merchant's "acquirer", the company that processes card transactions for the merchant. Larger merchants change acquirers periodically, or use more than one, which introduces some inconsistency into the classifications.

The good news is that, if the merchant is a dominant supplier in the category that the card issuer has targeted, there will be many complaints, and the issuer will be motivated to resolve it. If you call again, make sure you get past the first few layers of customer service to someone who can document the change. No one can "fix" this is one phone call, but they can start a process.

The One With the Hit Stick 3290 Jul 14, 2020 4:06 pm

Yeah that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. I'll give them a call and politely ask to sort this out!

vstypicals Sep 1, 2020 11:02 am

Does anyone know if eBay fees count towards 3x category? I know they used to, but stopped maybe 1-2 years ago.

vtgambler Sep 11, 2020 12:18 pm

Can you have two of these cards at the same time and earn the 3X on $150K of internet advertising on both? I legitimately have a second business entity with it's own EIN if it matters.

Need Sep 13, 2020 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by vstypicals (Post 32645170)
Does anyone know if eBay fees count towards 3x category? I know they used to, but stopped maybe 1-2 years ago.

They stopped that about 2 or 3 years ago. I changed my ebay fees to Freedom Unlimited. If anyone knows they somehow switched back.. let me know! LOL.

carsnoceans Nov 23, 2020 3:24 am

Is the link in wiki still active for 80k spend for $5k? Public offer is 100k points for $15k spend.... little bit high on the ask.

Also, I think AirBnB qualifies as travel but would be much obliged if someone can confirm!

StartinSanDiego Nov 27, 2020 8:47 am

Originally Posted by carsnoceans (Post 32838056)
Is the link in wiki still active for 80k spend for $5k? Public offer is 100k points for $15k spend.... little bit high on the ask.

Also, I think AirBnB qualifies as travel but would be much obliged if someone can confirm!

The link goes to all three Ink Cards. I'm not sure if there's still an 80K link floating around.

Here's a FT thread for your latter question. The short answer, "yes." https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...solidated.html