Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 4:59 pm

He did. Payback for me using his CSR link. I'll sm from home tonight and post back when I have an answer.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
You should have received it by now. It would normally post on your first statement after approval, possibly second statement if the approval was too close to your statement closing date.

Chase has a secure message function, the link to it is in the drop down menu (click on the three horizontal lines, top left of your account page.) Prior to inquiring with Chase, though, I'd double check to make certain that your son actually used your referral link when applying.

Thanks for the help, they confirmed it was recognized and is on this month's statement. I'm a happy camper.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:25 pm

I have a sole prop for rent houses. I registered with state and used that info on CIP app. Called the line and it says under review and 7-10 day language. Got busy and forgot to call. Yesterday Got a paper in the mail from their fraud department wanting to very business name and address. Said I could fax in EIN confirmation letter so did that yesterday. Also I am under 5/24.

should I be good?

also is the phone number not working for anyone else today? Says check number and call again or something like that.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:27 pm

Curious, if my business card is sole prop. and applied with SSN. Does it show up and affect my credit score?

If not, then I don't need to down business credit cards before statement close.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by openwheelracing
Curious, if my business card is sole prop. and applied with SSN. Does it show up and affect my credit score?

If not, then I don't need to down business credit cards before statement close.
Chase business cards do not appear on your personal credit report.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 2:24 pm

I see the advice is to use your own name as "legal name of business" and "business name on card" if you're applying under your own SSN. I already have a Chase Ink Bold where the business name on the card is different than my name.

In that case, is it ever correct to put the business name from the existing card on the new CIP application as the business name on the new card to help their system realize they've already approved this business before? Or should both fields still be my personal name?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:01 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by gumbotime
.... is it ever correct to put the business name .?
If you have a verifiable business name use it, but do not make one up, or embellish. If your name is Gumbo Time do not apply as Gumbo Time Consulting unless Chase can find Gumbo Time Consulting in a public record.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:04 pm

Checking in again: I feel like this is the next card that makes sense for me in terms of trying to maximize Chase points. So far, I've only gotten keeper cards, and would prefer to continue getting cards that I will keep and can get recurring value out of.

While this has an amazing sign up bonus, I'm worried there's not a lot of value in the card for me after that.

I've got the CSR--so 3% travel is covered
I've got the Chase Ink Cash--so I get 5% on internet, phone, cable
I rarely ship anything and I certainly don't have advertising expenses.

So is there an avenue for getting value out of this card that I'm missing? Or am I better off getting and downgrading later?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 4:51 pm

Is it likely I would be able to get the CIP as my first Chase card?

I know even long time Chase customers have trouble getting the CIP as it's a flagship card for Chase.

I only have the Uber Visa (1.5 yrs) and the Amex Plat (1 yr) on my credit history. I also have a checking account open with Chase. Not sure if they take that into account when approving applicants.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Jm192
Checking in again: I feel like this is the next card that makes sense for me in terms of trying to maximize Chase points. So far, I've only gotten keeper cards, and would prefer to continue getting cards that I will keep and can get recurring value out of.

While this has an amazing sign up bonus, I'm worried there's not a lot of value in the card for me after that.

I've got the CSR--so 3% travel is covered
I've got the Chase Ink Cash--so I get 5% on internet, phone, cable
I rarely ship anything and I certainly don't have advertising expenses.

So is there an avenue for getting value out of this card that I'm missing? Or am I better off getting and downgrading later?
CIP provides mobile phone insurance if you pay your monthly bill using the card (plus the 3x UR points on the amount.)

Edit to add: CIP also has a 20K UR referral bonus. Get one of the those in a year and you've paid for the card.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 11:14 am

Question when did I receive cardmember bonus

I am looking into applying for the Chase Ink Business Preferred, again.
I was approved for the card in on 9-19-2017.
I received the bonus (I don't recall when).
I closed the card on 10-31-18.

How do I find out when I received the cardmember bonus so I don't get disqualified from earning it again based upon:

This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this consumer credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months.
Thanksl
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:17 pm

When are bonus points considered "received" according to Chase?

Is it at the time you spend with the Chase Ink Business Preferred or when they points display on your statement?
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by iowa guy
When are bonus points considered "received" according to Chase?

Is it at the time you spend with the Chase Ink Business Preferred or when they points display on your statement?
Your second guess. Might want to review the wikipost @ the "Applying for..." thread.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:23 pm

Once again I did not phrase my question properly.
I should have asked (or meant to ask) "when are BONUS POINTS considered received by the card owner?" I wasn't sure if Chase waits a time period before adding/posting bonus points.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by iowa guy
Once again I did not phrase my question properly.
I should have asked (or meant to ask) "when are BONUS POINTS considered received by the card owner?" I wasn't sure if Chase waits a time period before adding/posting bonus points.
Is this in reference to your post on 12/27?? Just review your stmts from 2017 and see when your bonus pts appeared. If the stmts are not available online I'd just add 24 months from the date you closed the card. You really need to set up a simple spreadsheet It's very easy and will make you more successful.

There is no waiting period for posting bonus pts. Once you meet your min. spend they'll appear when that stmt closes. Assuming none of your spending is pending.

Last edited by philemer; Jan 2, 2020 at 9:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.