Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by mia
The rules for transferring from business accounts are different than from personal accounts. To Transfer to airline or hotel program from a business card account you must hold an employee card -and- be an owner of the business.

Read the Wikipost at the top of this thread:

Ultimate Rewards - Airline and Hotel Transfer Partners, Rules, Timelines, (2017 on)
Thanks for that information. I am the owner but my partner would be applying for this card and make me an AU. I guess I could just use the portal from primary to book flights and won't need to be an AU?
Old May 24, 2019, 12:01 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Ali380
....I am the owner but my partner would be applying for this card and make me an AU....
If you and your partner are both owners of the same business it doesn't which of you is the primary cardholder and which is the AU, you can both transfer to your own airline/hotel accounts.

Do you hold any other cards that earn UR, such as Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve?
Old May 24, 2019, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by mia
If you and your partner are both owners of the same business it doesn't which of you is the primary cardholder and which is the AU, you can both transfer to your own airline/hotel accounts.

Do you hold any other cards that earn UR, such as Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve?
Yes same business. We do not have any other sapphire products. Only use Amex cards for business. I will be getting the United Business card with the 50K points, which is why I do not want to sign up for the Ink at or around the same time. the 50k united and 70k UR would be a nice addition.
Old May 25, 2019, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I've got 3 biz and 4 pers cards from Chase right now. Want to make room for a new Ink Pref app to go through as easily as possible. Can anyone tell me if they foresee any issues? I'm at 3/24.

March 2014: Ink Plus and want to cancel now to make way for new card.
Dec 2016: Ink Pref. CANCELED Dec 2017.
Sept 2018: Ink Unlimited. Still have and plan to keep.
Mar 2019: United Expl business

Last personal card app was 18 months ago. Pers cards are Freedom, CSR, Hyatt, Amazon.
If your Ink Plus is eligible to refer, you can refer yourself for the Ink Preferred. Cancel it after you receive the referral points, or alternatively, product change it to an Ink Cash.
Old May 25, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pallhedge
If your Ink Plus is eligible to refer, you can refer yourself for the Ink Preferred. Cancel it after you receive the referral points, or alternatively, product change it to an Ink Cash.
Good idea, though spouse has Ink Pref, so I was going to have him refer. And I'd forgotten that my Ink Plus was already downgraded to an Ink Cash. My main concern was having too many cards (I'd be adding a 4th biz if I kept my existing). And I have 4 personal. Do they balk at # of cards? Credit limits have been reduced so I know I have growing room there.
Old May 25, 2019, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Good idea, though spouse has Ink Pref, so I was going to have him refer. And I'd forgotten that my Ink Plus was already downgraded to an Ink Cash. My main concern was having too many cards (I'd be adding a 4th biz if I kept my existing). And I have 4 personal. Do they balk at # of cards? Credit limits have been reduced so I know I have growing room there.
Chase is not too concerned with number of cards. They are concerned with total Chase credit limit and velocity of applications. In your case, my main worry would be the short time since opening the United Explorer biz.
Old May 30, 2019, 11:05 am

If I violate the 24 month after last bonus rule, will chase deny my application or approve me for the card but not giving the bonus? Thanks.
Old May 30, 2019, 11:10 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

They won't give you the bonus.
Old May 30, 2019, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by vh_bu98
They won't give you the bonus.
Thanks.
Will customer service know whether or not I will get the bonus if I ask them after approval?
Old Jun 2, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Hello everyone,

Any recent data points from the moment of submitting the application to the approval time?
Old Jun 2, 2019, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by invisible
Hello everyone,

Any recent data points from the moment of submitting the application to the approval time?
In the past month, I've seen DPs of instant approval, 2+ weeks, and everything in between.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro
I recently applied for and had my application accepted for the Chase Ink Business Preferred. We own an LLC and my husband and I are each 50% owners. I applied for this card in my name but of course I had to enter his information in the section for other owners. My husband is not an authorized user.

About 1 week after I received my card, my husband got a mailer with an invite code for this same card (it has our same business info). At first I ignored the mailer thinking that he would probably not be able to get the bonus. Basically I thought that this mailer was possibly scheduled to be mailed out before I actually applied for the card. I am familiar with Citi and AMEX rules but not Chase as we were both 5/24 and thus ignored Chase cards for quite awhile. With AMEX we can't both apply for the same card with the same EIN and both get the bonus and since this makes sense to me I assumed this was probably the case with many credit cards. However, he got a second mailer with the same offer less than two weeks after the first so I'm now taking a closer look. This paper offer and application do not have any wording that would suggest that he would not be eligible for the offer. I know that with Citi that would mean he could get the bonus but I don't know if that holds true with Chase.

Is it actually possible that my husband is also eligible to get this card and the bonus offer using the same EIN that I used? I definitely do not want to have him apply if he will not get the bonus. He does not have any other Chase credit cards so I was planning to have him apply for a Chase card in the near future.

I'm sure that I can find an example of this same scenario and an answer somewhere but I've maxed out the time I can spend searching (I found this thread a little too late in my searching and reading). Any insight and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
If applying as a sole-proprietor, how strict is Chase with issuing a card especially if I'm already a Chase personal card holder (CIP)? I'm reading that Chase is getting more strict and scrutinizing its applicants.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:31 am

I am a resident in Australia, with business set up in the US. I have EIN, but no SSN/ITIN. Can I apply this card?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jasonfungsing
.... I have EIN, but no SSN/ITIN. ....
The individual is the applicant, not the business. If you have no SSN or equivalent Chase will not be able to locate any credit history, and the system would reject the application. It may be possible to open an account, but it will need human intervention, and (likely) financial documentation.
Ali380 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.