Chase Ink Business Preferred

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 26, 19, 11:50 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
Wiki Link
What's the best current offer?
  • 80,000 Chase UR points after $5K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

May 2018: A 100,000 points offer is available from the Business Rep at your local Chase branch office. This is not available online and Chase will not retroactively up-match to this offer, even if you were recently approved via an online application. The 100k in-branch offer was previously available, then discontinued, and now seems to be back at least for Small Business Week 2018. Additionally, for those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

October 2018: 100,000 points offer is no longer available. Best offer is 80,000 points after $5,000 in first 90 days.

July 2017: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).
2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old May 12, 19, 3:10 pm
  #946  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 363
Originally Posted by Ali380 View Post
This may have been discussed already but want to know when you apply for this business card or any chase business card and have a business tax ID does Chase pull personal credit? See the form asks for both tax ID and SSN.
The short answer is yes. I find this post from mia to contain a pretty comprehensive answer to your question:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28416683-post2.html
halamadrid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 19, 6:58 am
  #947  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by halamadrid View Post
The short answer is yes. I find this post from mia to contain a pretty comprehensive answer to your question:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28416683-post2.html
Good to know. I mainly use Amex for business credit and no credit checks.
Ali380 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 19, 4:53 am
  #948  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: Star Alliance
Posts: 4,652
Can I apply to Business Ink Preferred if I already have Ink Plus

Hello everybody,

Simple question. I already have Sapphire Preferred and Ink Plus. Can I apply to Ink Business Preferred and get 80K points after $5000 spending if I already have above mentioned two cards?
invisible is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 19, 6:27 am
  #949  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,140
Originally Posted by invisible View Post
Hello everybody,

Simple question. I already have Sapphire Preferred and Ink Plus. Can I apply to Ink Business Preferred and get 80K points after $5000 spending if I already have above mentioned two cards?
Yes. In fact, you should be able to use your Ink Plus referral to apply for Ink Preferred and you'll get additional points.
pallhedge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 19, 9:58 am
  #950  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: Star Alliance
Posts: 4,652
Originally Posted by pallhedge View Post
Yes. In fact, you should be able to use your Ink Plus referral to apply for Ink Preferred and you'll get additional points.
Wow, that's something new... Feel stupid to ask, but.... what do you mean? How one can do this? What is the procedure/right way to do it? Can Chase deny this based on fact that I already have Ink card? Will they require from me business income documents apart from my credit score?

Sorry for asking these questions, last credit card I applied in US was >5 years ago, my CSP was sufficient for 90% of spending needs and for the remaining 10% I used Ink Plus for telecom spending with bonus categories.

Edit: did some research and got the referral link. I tried Ink credit card numbers with the ZIP code I have in my statement. I am getting message 'there are no referrals available for you now' (or similar one). So I guess, I am out of luck.

When I log on to my Chage account, there is 'earn up to 75000 bonus points referral' link displayed when I click CSP account, but there is no such link when I click on Ink account.

So my questions is... if there is no referral available for me, is this an indication that my application for Ink Preferred has less chances to get approved? What is the right way to apply?

Last edited by invisible; May 15, 19 at 11:22 am
invisible is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 19, 11:27 am
  #951  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,140
Originally Posted by invisible View Post
Wow, that's something new... Feel stupid to ask, but.... what do you mean? How one can do this? What is the procedure/right way to do it? Can Chase deny this based on fact that I already have Ink card? Will they require from me business income documents apart from my credit score?

Sorry for asking these questions, last credit card I applied in US was >5 years ago, my CSP was sufficient for 90% of spending needs and for the remaining 10% I used Ink Plus for telecom spending with bonus categories.

Edit: did some research and got the referral link. I tried Ink credit card numbers with the ZIP code I have in my statement. I am getting message 'there are no referrals available for you now' (or similar one). So I guess, I am out of luck.

When I log on to my Chage account, there is 'earn up to 75000 bonus points referral' link displayed when I click CSP account, but there is no such link when I click on Ink account.

So my questions is... if there is no referral available for me, is this an indication that my application for Ink Preferred has less chances to get approved? What is the right way to apply?
Ah bummer. Ink Plus cards used to be able to refer to Ink Preferred, but I guess that's no longer the case. The fact that you can't refer is nothing personal to you and indicates nothing regarding your creditworthiness. It only means that my knowledge is outdated.
pallhedge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 19, 11:41 am
  #952  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 151
Originally Posted by pallhedge View Post
Ah bummer. Ink Plus cards used to be able to refer to Ink Preferred, but I guess that's no longer the case. The fact that you can't refer is nothing personal to you and indicates nothing regarding your creditworthiness. It only means that my knowledge is outdated.
When did this stop? I got an email from Chase last week indicating I can earn 20K referral bonus for referring Ink Preferred via Ink Plus.

Maybe the OP used the wrong last 4 digits (i.e., CSP as oppose to CI+).
robchow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 19, 6:43 pm
  #953  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: Star Alliance
Posts: 4,652
Originally Posted by robchow View Post
Maybe the OP used the wrong last 4 digits (i.e., CSP as oppose to CI+).
I did use the right one. Actually I tried all 4 combinations from ZIP codes and last 4 digits from CSP and Ink.

Now question is if chase will consider my application fro Ink Preferred.

If you applied recently, could you please share what kind of scrutiny they apply and how much time does it take to get approved?
invisible is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 19, 9:37 pm
  #954  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: Star Alliance
Posts: 4,652
Hello everybody,

I am inclining to apply for Ink Preferred, but would like to hear from you what to do properly to minimize delay or rejection.

Background: I have CSP and Ink Plus which I converted from Ink Bold something like >3 years ago. I have not applied to any new Chase cards since that.

My Ink Bold and current Ink Plus show the name of S-Corp I had and operated for a while but by the end of last year I transferred it to one of family member. EIN has not changed.

So, if I apply for the Ink Preferred, what should I put in the application as my business name - the same name of S-corp I used for Bold/Plus ot my own name as sole propr? If latter, will it cause delays if Chase considers this as 'new business'?

What would you advise?
invisible is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 19, 7:05 am
  #955  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,140
Originally Posted by invisible View Post
What would you advise?
I would advise you not to put anything on the application that you can't verify if asked to by Chase. If you can no longer verify ownership of that S-corp, then go with Sole Prop, SSN for Tax ID, your permanent address, and FIrstname Lastname as your business name.
pallhedge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 19, 11:15 am
  #956  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 56
What happened to my application?

I'm trying to apply for this card now. Completed the application and hit submit. Window popped out saying "We're verifying your information...." for 2 seconds and disappeared. What happened? Has it been submitted? I tried 2 times and same thing happened.
snofy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 19, 11:25 am
  #957  
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 37,894
Please review this Wikipost. At the very bottom are phone numbers, including automated and staffed numbers which can be used to verify the status of your application.
mia is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 19, 6:58 pm
  #958  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 82
2 Questions on sign up bonus. If I am added as an authorized user and the primary user got the bonus, can I transfer the points to my United account? Will being added as an AU trigger a hard pull?

Thanks
Ali380 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 19, 7:58 am
  #959  
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 37,894
The rules for transferring from business accounts are different than from personal accounts. To Transfer to airline or hotel program from a business card account you must hold an employee card -and- be an owner of the business.

Read the Wikipost at the top of this thread:

Ultimate Rewards - Airline and Hotel Transfer Partners, Rules, Timelines, (2017 on)
mia is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 19, 8:39 am
  #960  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Posts: 3,070
I've got 3 biz and 4 pers cards from Chase right now. Want to make room for a new Ink Pref app to go through as easily as possible. Can anyone tell me if they foresee any issues? I'm at 3/24.

March 2014: Ink Plus and want to cancel now to make way for new card.
Dec 2016: Ink Pref. CANCELED Dec 2017.
Sept 2018: Ink Unlimited. Still have and plan to keep.
Mar 2019: United Expl business

Last personal card app was 18 months ago. Pers cards are Freedom, CSR, Hyatt, Amazon.
Stgermainparis is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread