Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Received Mailer- can I get a second IBP?

I kind of screwed up my Ink Cash app and used by DBA "business name" instead of my own name as a sole proprietor. Approval took forever and as part that process of it I created a Federal Tax ID. I also have an Ink Business Preferred under my name.

I recently received an IBP mailer sent to my DBA business name. I'm wondering if there's any reason why I shouldn't apply? I'm assuming the chances of approval are high since they sent the mailer, and I'm under 4/24, and my last Chase approval was 60 days ago.

Thanks
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by joachimm
I recently received an IBP mailer sent to my DBA business name. I'm wondering if there's any reason why I shouldn't apply? I'm assuming the chances of approval are high since they sent the mailer, and I'm under 4/24, and my last Chase approval was 60 days ago.

Thanks
In terms of getting a second Ink Preferred, applying with a different business name doesn't matter--only the Tax ID does. If you applied for your first Ink Preferred using your SSN as the Tax ID, you must use your Federal EIN for the second application (or vice versa).

Also, I would put little to no weight on having better chances of approval because you got a marketing document in the mail.
joachimm likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JBG89
Will it be detrimental to my application if i call recon about 3 days after my app and receiving the 7-10 day language?
It totally depends on if you're ready to answer any question they make ask you from your application. They may "drill" you for answers to see if you flinch. Do you have a truly real business? If so, maybe you could call. If not, calling is a risk for them to figure out that you don't really have a real business, and to deny you based on you having called!

So I would say it's best to wait to find out if you were denied and why, in the case of Chase business cards..
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:26 pm

Does this card have trip insurances similar to CSR?

1) my checked bag got lost...airline is unable to find it yet

2) I no longer have this card (downgraded), but the flight was booked using this card before downgrading
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
2) I no longer have this card ....
You can still read the benefits guide here:

https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred

To be eligible for this benefit, you must report the loss or
damage to the Common Carrier immediately as soon as
you exit the Carrier. You will need to provide proof that you
submitted a report to the Common Carrier, so be sure to keep
a copy of the report for your records.
The coverage may have ended when you downgraded the card account:

When does my coverage terminate?
Your insurance automatically terminates on the earliest of the following:
• the termination date of the policy
• the expiration of the period for which required premium has been
paid for you
the date on which you no longer meet the eligibility criteria as an
Insured Person

• the date on which the Company pays out 100% of the
benefit amount
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: UNited/ chase UR/ spg/marriot
Hi Guys,
Applied for CIP in branch via CPC rep/ ?BRM ,Nov 30th, sole prop; approved dec 3rd. CL $9K ; Under 5/24, first biz card ever, have 3 personal chase cards. no other accounts (checking/investments etc) Signup bonus was standard 80K. I signed a document while doing the application via BRM in branch, and today find out about 100K offer. Have not yet activated card via phone number or chase.com/verifycard. I sent SM they want proof of said offer! how have you guys managed to get a match?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by JadedFlyer
...and today find out about 100K offer.
This would be news to me. The most recent 100k offer went away in August. Where did you see this offer?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:10 am

here, on FT also quick googling. Sending a follow up SM today.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:10 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
here, on FT also quick googling.....
Please provide a link to the information that you found.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:00 pm

UPDATE:
so i found a .jpg image on google images with the 100K CIP offer. Sent it in with my SM to chase to request match. Unfortunately, it has the invitation code crossed out( cant attach it here bc I dont have 5 posts on FT, so board wont let me post said image)
Here is their reply:
Hello XX,
We'll review the copy of the offer that you've sent for
the sign up bonus.
we need a copy of the offer that was address to
you in order for us to match the 100,000 bonus points.
Without the offer code or direct invitation, your current
promotion will remain.

We appreciate your business, and thank you for being a
Chase customer.

Thank you,
e
Chase Email Servicing

u/mia
here is the post from reddit, but its old news....2-7 months old disscusions
old reddit com/r/churning/comments/ 8iqwlu/chase_ink_preferred_megathread/ e6e0a5s

Last edited by JadedFlyer; Dec 6, 2018 at 4:20 pm Reason: post link
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
here is the post from reddit, but its old news....2-7 months old disscusions
old reddit com/r/churning/comments/ 8iqwlu/chase_ink_preferred_megathread/ e6e0a5s
Had you read the wiki at the top of the page, you would have seen this:

"October 2018: 100,000 points offer is no longer available. Best offer is 80,000 points after $5,000 in first 90 days."
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:10 pm

thanks! did not see wiki above!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:49 pm

Why was a referral link generated?

I was curious to see what would happen if I tried to generate a referral link using the last for digits of a Chase Ink Business Preferred card that I cancelled 6 weeks ago. A link was generated. Is it possible that I will somehow get the referral points?

Thanks
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iowa guy
I was curious to see what would happen if I tried to generate a referral link using the last for digits of a Chase Ink Business Preferred card that I cancelled 6 weeks ago. A link was generated. Is it possible that I will somehow get the referral points?

Thanks
Does hurt to try. Get someone to use your referral link and if the application is approved, you should see the pending bonus in the UR account of the card - but of course you no longer have the card, and therefore no UR account - so the bonus has no place to go... It definitely would not go to any of your other cards that is for sure.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by iowa guy

Thanks
It won't work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.