Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 11:03 pm

I suggest to add these DPs to the wiki. Have you guys found any 3x ?

Originally Posted by bvbb
Also qualifies as of 7/19/17:
Google Voice
Washington DC Metro (WMATA)
Old May 17, 2018, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by briang191

chances are slim that chase ask for any additional documents if you apply with social and first last name. I've been approve for three chase biz credit cards. I listed eBay store as my business.
Did you apply online or with BRM?
Old May 17, 2018, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by baydude

Did you apply online or with BRM?
ink plus online not auto approved called recon answered basic questions approved for 10k

ink prefetred BRM approved for 5k

ink cash applied online not auto approved due to credit freeze. Had freeze removed called chase approved 12k. 5 min phone call.

Last edited by briang191; May 17, 2018 at 7:49 pm
Old May 17, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat

ink plus online not auto approved called recon answered basic questions approved for 10k
Curious... what kind of questions?

Regards
Old May 17, 2018, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
Curious... what kind of questions?

Regards
it's been along time but if my memory is correct chase asked the following questions.

Type of business.

Number of years in business

number of employees

current income

projected income
Old May 18, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
it's been along time but if my memory is correct chase asked the following questions.

Type of business.

Number of years in business

number of employees

current income

projected income
Thank you.

Regards
Old May 21, 2018, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by vbnet
Same for me. I called 2 days after the application with the BRM(set up appointment ahead of time) and was approved. Applying with the BRM was ok, but she actually did it on the computer and printed the doc with the 100k pts on paper for me to sign. She hit send, it was not approved instantly and I had to talk to some one on the phone multiple times who asked the same questions the BRM asked only a few at a time. He would ask 2 questions, put me on hold, rinse and repeat 3x so don't worry if this happens. In hindsight, I should have lowered some credit limits in advance. Anyway, I was told it would take a week or two but after 2 days I was able to confirm that it was approved.
ok summary: Applied on a Wednesday with BRM for 100k pts (5k spend), Approved by Friday, Card sent out regular process Monday(did not request expediting), received on Friday. Sole Proprietor, no income, no employees. I concur with the questions listed above, both the brm and the contact on the phone asked them.

Last edited by vbnet; May 21, 2018 at 8:29 am Reason: additional info
Old May 21, 2018, 3:56 pm

Question Denied Ink Preferred, error. Re-apply?

I applied for Ink Preferred, denied. They wanted me to submit state documents of a business operation. I called the number in the denial, which was a fraud hotline. I just run a small sole-proprietorship operation under my SSN, I don't have a formalized FEIN/DBA. They said if I had just put my name in the business name, they would not have needed this formalized FEIN/DBA/State stuff. They said they could not change the business name on the application and offered no more info. I did not know this when I applied.

Currently have 3 open chase cards oldest over 10 years old. I have not hit the 5/24. One card is Freedom with int rate at prime, this does carry a balance ATM. I never want to lose this card.

790 Credit score. Chase just did a hard pull.

Do I put myself at risk of being penalized by Chase. Losing existing Freedom prime? Will Chase do another hard pull on my credit report? What are the potential negative consequences of re-applying for the Ink Preferred?
Old May 21, 2018, 4:36 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk

Originally Posted by bobys
.... They said they could not change the business name on the application and offered no more info. I did not know this when I applied.
We have a number of recent reports, both in this thread and HERE that Chase requires documentation if you apply for a business card using a Fictitous Name (any name other than your legal name). In simple terms, you cannot simply make up a business name, it needs to be registered as required by your state or local laws.

However, we also have reports that Chase has allowed some applicants to change the name from their business name to their legal first + last names, so it may be worth calling again.

I cannot think of any reason this would have any effect on your existing personal card accounts.
Old May 27, 2018, 12:59 am

I received the 120k mailer and would like to pass it along to my brother if possible. When I login using the code provided it auto populates my address, but the fields are changeable.

Any data points for passing along a targeted mailer like this? Risks?

Last edited by Loggers; May 27, 2018 at 1:09 am
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Chase won't give referral bonus

Using a referral link from my husband's Ink Preferred card, I applied for on March 3 and received a Chase Ink Business Preferred card. I have received my 80K UR points after meeting the $5k spend in the first billing month. My husband has not received his 20K referral bonus points. Every time we message or talk to someone at chase we are told it can take up to 8 weeks. Well it has been over 8 weeks now, he just got a bill yesterday and still no 20K referral bonus.

Any tips on who we contact and how to get him his 20K bonus points? I did everything I was supposed to and Chase won't hold up their end of the offer.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by susiesan
Using a referral link from my husband's Ink Preferred card, I applied for on March 3 and received a Chase Ink Business Preferred card. I have received my 80K UR points after meeting the $5k spend in the first billing month. My husband has not received his 20K referral bonus points. Every time we message or talk to someone at chase we are told it can take up to 8 weeks. Well it has been over 8 weeks now, he just got a bill yesterday and still no 20K referral bonus.

Any tips on who we contact and how to get him his 20K bonus points? I did everything I was supposed to and Chase won't hold up their end of the offer.
Sending a SM and also calling are the only methods I know of. Keep pushing.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
There is a post today from a reliable Redditor (who is also a member here and who has provided long distance access to a "helpful" Chase BRM) that Chase BRM's are no longer permitted to submit paper applications. (This would kill the paper app 5/24 bypass, obviously.)
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by susiesan

Something has broken the link when you applied thru his referral link - may be you have Ad Blocker on your computer, or whatever. Your application went thru but was not recognized in the system as from your husband's referral.

Did you use the link with the unique URL that identifies it was from him? Or you used the Apply Now in an invite email generated by his referral on Chase Refer A Friend page?

Everyone I know of, and myself, whose referral was used and the applicant was approved, saw the PENDING referral bonuses in the UR account about a week after the referred person got approval. If it does not show up, it will NEVER show up because there is NO linkage between your application and his referral. Something went wrong during your application process. SM and calling are the only ways you can get this manually posted. Can you take it to higher up?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:08 am

Call recon again?

Applied for CIP last week. Got the dreaded "7-10 days a decision will be made" status so called into Recon. I am under 5/24 only after removing 2 authorized user cards I have (with Chase). Rep wasn't the friendliest and said I was denied because I have too much unused credit with Chase. I've had Ink Cash for several years and don't use very much of the credit line. They were unwilling to move credit around so that I could get approved. I also have a bunch of Chase personal cards.

Is it worth closing some of the Chase personal cards (or asking to lower credit limit on them) and then calling recon back or is it a done deal? I wouldn't close any of the cards with which I have a long credit history.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.