Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old Nov 10, 2016, 4:59 pm
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
Originally Posted by runb4fun
14th was the date that was thrown around.

Also, some folks who applied have already been accepted.
Cool thanks, maybe I'll drop by the local branch on Monday.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:42 am

The link is now up on Chase's site, with a $95 annual fee. I'll head over to the branch to avoid it, will report back.

Confirmed that the in-branch literature states $0 for the first year.

Got the 7-10 day notice, could have sworn I'm 4/24 at this point, not sure what the reason could be.

Fyi, you would need to bring proof of business (business cert, etc) when applying in-branch.

Last edited by philemer; Nov 14, 2016 at 5:32 pm
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:50 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by s2kdriver80
The link is now up on Chase's site
Link: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu...preferred-card

...and Ink Plus is no longer offered on this page:

https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-business-credit-cards
Old Nov 14, 2016, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Fyi, you would need to bring proof of business (business cert, etc) when applying in-branch.
Would that requirement be waived if you already have a business checking account with them? I'm thinking no, but you never know.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
Would that requirement be waived if you already have a business checking account with them? I'm thinking no, but you never know.
I applied in-branch for the Ink Plus a couple weeks ago with an existing business checking account. I was pre-approved for the Plus. I think they just asked the business revenue and perhaps profit but I didn't have to bring any documentation etc of that.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
It might be, not sure.

EDIT: bodiddely answered
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:24 pm

Confirmed that the in-branch literature states $0 for the first year.

Got the 7-10 day notice, could have sworn I'm 4/24 at this point, not sure what the reason could be.

Called recon, lowered the limit on the Ink Cash and got approved for the Ink Preferred. Should have it mid-week via UPS. Good luck people.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:47 pm

Applied; was waiting for this to go live. Actually want the ink cash but figured I'd go for this bonus then downgrade.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list

Not necessarily. YMMV depending on branch.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 6:53 pm

A buddy of mine is a real estate agent and pays relatively big bucks to zillow and trulia to advertise. Any way to find out if those would count as 3x without signing up for the card (or waiting for data points on FT)?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:29 pm

Can anybody else confirm they were told this as well?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Can anybody else confirm they were told this as well?
As per philemer, you should call your local branch and ask to be sure. The person with whom I dealt at my location wanted to see it.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:09 am

Does gas count as travel category?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by IamHungry
Does gas count as travel category?
I doubt it since it doesn't specifically say gas as a reward category. It doesn't even count as travel with CSP or CSR cards.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by trikotret
I doubt it since it doesn't specifically say gas as a reward category. It doesn't even count as travel with CSP or CSR cards.
It is completely dependent on the merchant code. If the merchant is coded as gas, then it certainly won't match.

You can gather more specific information by looking at the transaction in Blueprint.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.