Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by susiesan
I also got an email saying the 20K referral bonus would be on my next Ink statement for referring myself. Doing my happy dance
Can you refer yourself for the 100k paper app, or only for the 80K offer online via a link?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Need
Business account keeps your activities online (downloadable as tab delimited) for about 18 months maybe longer. Personal account keeps them for 90 days. I have to download my transactions on my personal account every 3 months. The year end pdf summary can't be easily convert to database format.

When you merge, do you get business or personal account in the end? If it is business, I may just go apply for a business card just so I could merge the accounts!
Originally Posted by kimnkk
Oh really, i didn't know personal accounts only have 90 days of activity! That seems awfully short? I'm used to years being stored! I'll have to download it for documentation then especially things like extended warranties.
If you use Mint, it will keep all your transactions for you. It unfortunately doesn't go collect your history and only starts when you sign up, but from then on it keeps everything. It's really useful. It's also really helpful for finding transactions when you don't remember which credit card you put them on. It can search all your transactions across all your accounts.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by penner42
If you use Mint, it will keep all your transactions for you. It unfortunately doesn't go collect your history and only starts when you sign up, but from then on it keeps everything. It's really useful. It's also really helpful for finding transactions when you don't remember which credit card you put them on. It can search all your transactions across all your accounts.
I forgot I had Mint installed.
Just added my Ink and some other recent accounts… its great to keep track of everything! Thanks!
I’m sure they’ll grabbing all the data they can on my financial habits… oh well, nothing the banks weren’t already doing. that’s the price I have to pay I
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:22 pm

Any way to match a 80k to a 100k offer?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:01 am

My daughter/employee dropped her iPhone 6s in the washing machine the other day. The phone is on my T-Mobile account that I've been paying for with this card. Apple says replacement value of the phone is $599. So I file a claim and I'll get a check for $499 from Chase?

This seems to be a pretty clear case that I shouldn't get denied for, right? Do I need the original receipt for when I bought the phone? What about new phone purchase receipt? I get different answers from different reps when I call the claims line. I know they said I need to go to an apple store to have them certify that the phone is dead.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:11 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lexluthor
... Do I need...

See here:

https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred

What do I need to submit with my claim?
• Your completed and signed claim form.
• Copies of Your card statement reflecting the entire monthly cellular
wireless telephone payment(s) preceding the date of damage, theft
or involuntary and accidental parting.
• A copy of Your cellular wireless service provider billing statement that
corresponds with the above card statement.
• A copy of Your cellular wireless telephone provider’s wireless
device page or other sufficient proof, as determined in the Benefit
Administrator’s sole discretion, of the cellular wireless telephone
model currently linked to Your cellular wireless telephone account.
• If the claim is due to theft or criminal action, a copy of the police
report or incident report filed within 48 hours of the occurrence.
• If the claim is due to damage, a copy of an insurance claim or other
report as the Benefit Administrator, in its sole discretion, deems
necessary to determine eligibility for coverage. In addition the Benefit
Administrator may in its sole discretion require (a) an itemized
estimate of repair from an authorized cellular wireless telephone
repair facility or (b) the Cardholder to submit the cellular wireless
telephone to the Benefit Administrator to evaluate the damage or
(c) an itemized store receipt for the replacement cellular wireless
telephone showing the purchase was made at an authorized cellular
service provider’s retail or Internet store.
• Documentation (if available) of any other settlement of the claim.
• Any other documentation deemed necessary, in the Benefit
Administrator’s sole discretion, to substantiate Your claim. All
claims must be fully substantiated as to the time, place, cause, and
purchase price of the cellular wireless telephone.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kimnkk
That's a bummer too! So you can't login with your personal account to keep the personal UI?
It would stay alive for a month or 2 but eventually it died and you only have business account UI.

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I think you can (mine still worked about a month after I merged) but the business account(s) are not there....so you'd still have two different log-ins if you wanted to keep logging into the personal account. I'm pretty sure the "special for you" green check marks go away too.
The personal account UI will eventually die. How long it stays alive I have no idea but it will definitely die after the initial month or 2.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:47 pm

Does anyone know if you're eligible when you share a plan with others and you only pay your line?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:09 pm

Ink Business Preferred Ultimate Rewards

Are Ink Business Preferred Ultimate Rewards different that the personal cards' Ultimate Rewards?

Will the UR earned with Ink Business Preferred be deposited in the same account as my personal cards?

Also, in order to prevent points from expiring, do I need to have only one UR-earning card open?

Thanks
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:17 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Each credit card account has it's own Ultimate Rewards account. You can move points between your various UR accounts using the Combine Points feature on ultimaterewards.com. In order to be able to Transfer points to airline or hotel partners you must hold an eligible card, see the Wikiposts at the top of these threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...tc-2017-a.html
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
The $500 Ink Cash bonus for BRM applications (and 100k CIP) is still alive.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:44 pm

Would it look bad if I’m charging $150k+ per year on CIP when stated income is $100k and stated annual revenue is $25k? I’m able to charge ~ $15k+ per month @ 3x on business expenses that a relative owns.

I was thinking of opening a BGR to split the payment with CIP, but I don’t know if it’ll trigger their 3x bonus. The expense codes as MCC 7299 “Personal Services” with CIP and gets 3x.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by matsuya
Would it look bad if I’m charging $150k+ per year on CIP when stated income is $100k and stated annual revenue is $25k? I’m able to charge ~ $15k+ per month @ 3x on business expenses that a relative owns.

I was thinking of opening a BGR to split the payment with CIP, but I don’t know if it’ll trigger their 3x bonus. The expense codes as MCC 7299 “Personal Services” with CIP and gets 3x.
Dangerous. I can see this coming up on Chase's radar. Either have paperwork that documents you being affiliated with your relative's business somehow or do not simply charge less (I'm guessing your cycling your credit limit?). JMO.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by gumercindo
Dangerous. I can see this coming up on Chase's radar. Either have paperwork that documents you being affiliated with your relative's business somehow or do not simply charge less (I'm guessing your cycling your credit limit?). JMO.
I’m not affiliated yet. I’ll be part owner when the franchise renewal comes up next year. I don’t have to cycle my credit limit by splitting the payment.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by matsuya
I’m not affiliated yet. I’ll be part owner when the franchise renewal comes up next year. I don’t have to cycle my credit limit by splitting the payment.
Ok, a bit different than what I thought. If that's the case, perhaps start small(er) in the next 3-4 months and then ramp as you get closer to renewal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.