Chase Ink Business Preferred

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 26, 19, 11:50 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
Wiki Link
What's the best current offer?
  • 80,000 Chase UR points after $5K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

May 2018: A 100,000 points offer is available from the Business Rep at your local Chase branch office. This is not available online and Chase will not retroactively up-match to this offer, even if you were recently approved via an online application. The 100k in-branch offer was previously available, then discontinued, and now seems to be back at least for Small Business Week 2018. Additionally, for those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

October 2018: 100,000 points offer is no longer available. Best offer is 80,000 points after $5,000 in first 90 days.

July 2017: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).
2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Aug 29, 17, 12:12 pm
  #391  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 1,276
Applied through my referral link from my Ink Bold yesterday. Chase called me today to confirm details, and I was approved. I will report back on if I actually get my own referral bonus.

Last edited by penner42; Aug 29, 17 at 12:21 pm
penner42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 17, 11:36 am
  #392  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas City, MO
Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 3,211
Originally Posted by c2d View Post
You can do this if you already have another Ink card. Go to https://www.chase.com/referabusiness/preferred and enter your last name, zip and last 4 digits of your existing Ink card. It will take you to a screen to refer by email or Twitter. DO NOT use email -- it takes too long, something like 3-8 days. Click the Twitter option and it will open a new Twitter window to post a link (you will need to sign into your Twitter account if not already signed in). You can then use this link to sign up for the new card.
I am signed into my twitter account, click the twitter option, a window opens up that says "share on twitter". I click there, another window opens that says "now leaving Chase" and when I click "proceed" nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
susiesan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 17, 2:36 pm
  #393  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 1,276
Originally Posted by susiesan View Post
I am signed into my twitter account, click the twitter option, a window opens up that says "share on twitter". I click there, another window opens that says "now leaving Chase" and when I click "proceed" nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
Do you have an ad blocker or popup blocker? Check the right hand side of the address bar, that's where most browser put a little icon if a popup is blocked, I think. That might be it.
penner42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 17, 8:26 am
  #394  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas City, MO
Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 3,211
Originally Posted by penner42 View Post
Do you have an ad blocker or popup blocker? Check the right hand side of the address bar, that's where most browser put a little icon if a popup is blocked, I think. That might be it.
I turned off the adblocker and it still doesn't work. I tried messaging Chase through twitter yesterday to send the referral that way. They replied asking for more info which I sent. They suggested to clear cookies and cake, restart browser which I did, still no results. They told me to call them. maybe the problem is the browser-I use safari on an iMac.

Last edited by susiesan; Aug 31, 17 at 8:41 am
susiesan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 17, 11:18 pm
  #395  
c2d
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BOS / BWI
Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, HHonors, Avis et al.
Posts: 224
Originally Posted by susiesan View Post
I turned off the adblocker and it still doesn't work. I tried messaging Chase through twitter yesterday to send the referral that way. They replied asking for more info which I sent. They suggested to clear cookies and cake, restart browser which I did, still no results. They told me to call them. maybe the problem is the browser-I use safari on an iMac.
Normally I use Chrome on my Mac. I just tried on my Safari on Mac OS, no problem at all. The new window opened with the Twitter link right away. It is strange you are having these issues.

I suggest trying it on your smartphone. I just tried on my iPhone on Safari, it worked fine for me.
c2d is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 17, 9:27 am
  #396  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas City, MO
Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 3,211
Originally Posted by c2d View Post
Normally I use Chrome on my Mac. I just tried on my Safari on Mac OS, no problem at all. The new window opened with the Twitter link right away. It is strange you are having these issues.

I suggest trying it on your smartphone. I just tried on my iPhone on Safari, it worked fine for me.
Tried doing the twitter referral with Firefox on my iMac. Worked. Applied for a card for my business today online. Got the pending screen. Will call on Tuesday 9/5 to try to speed up the process. I have some big bills coming due soon that I'd like to use this new card to pay with and get the $5k spend on in the first billing month.

Update: I called the automated line 9/5 and was approved. I called a human to confirm it. the card is on it's way. This was the first time I applied through a referral link so I'll be interested to see if the referring party (me) gets the bonus 20K points.

Last edited by susiesan; Sep 6, 17 at 1:47 pm
susiesan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 17, 9:21 am
  #397  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: WV
Programs: UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold
Posts: 20
I applied during weekend and got on pending. called this morning and was told that too many cards opened over the past 2 years. went ahead explaining that out 5/24 one is authorized user. by answering a few biz questions, was recommended for approval. will see.
MNSWEEps likes this.
light02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 17, 10:46 am
  #398  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 1,107
Originally Posted by light02 View Post
I applied during weekend and got on pending. called this morning and was told that too many cards opened over the past 2 years. went ahead explaining that out 5/24 one is authorized user. by answering a few biz questions, was recommended for approval. will see.
what number did you call?
MNSWEEps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 17, 1:41 pm
  #399  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 1,107
Applied last evening and went to pending. Called today and CSR went into check something offline and came back and said card is approved.
MNSWEEps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 17, 3:02 pm
  #400  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold
Posts: 210
My husband applied for Chase Ink Preferred and was approved. After card activation, however, I don't see his new Ink card on his Chase account profile.

Does he have a different username for his Chase business account?
happychic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 17, 3:14 pm
  #401  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,887
Originally Posted by happychic View Post
My husband applied for Chase Ink Preferred and was approved. After card activation, however, I don't see his new Ink card on his Chase account profile.

Does he have a different username for his Chase business account?
Yes. He needs to sign up using a different username. I think he could call in to merge the accounts (personal and business) if he wants. My wife has the same, her CSR on personal and Ink Preferred on business under 2 different usernames, but she could transfer points between the 2 accounts. We never tried to call to merge the accounts because we are going to cancel the CSR after 1 year anyway.
jjmiller69 likes this.
Need is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 17, 5:09 pm
  #402  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: WV
Programs: UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold
Posts: 20
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps View Post
what number did you call?
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
light02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 17, 5:34 pm
  #403  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 310
I applied today through a BRM. I'm at about 10/24.

I knew about checking for preapprovals but I didn't know about the paper app. I'm sure the BRM submitted the on-line one (I just signed one page of disclosures).

I started to mention "But I've opened a bunch of cards recently..." and she said, "That's OK, they'll see you don't use most of your credit and you always pay it off."

She said something about "pending" and "underwriters" and that she'd call me tomorrow with an update.

Sounds like a recipe for a 5/24 denial, but what should I do? Have her resubmit the paper app immediately? Wait a month and then do that? Or do I maybe have a chance?

Thanks,
Seth
sethweinstein is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 17, 1:13 am
  #404  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 119
Originally Posted by sethweinstein View Post
I applied today through a BRM. I'm at about 10/24.

I knew about checking for preapprovals but I didn't know about the paper app. I'm sure the BRM submitted the on-line one (I just signed one page of disclosures).

I started to mention "But I've opened a bunch of cards recently..." and she said, "That's OK, they'll see you don't use most of your credit and you always pay it off."

She said something about "pending" and "underwriters" and that she'd call me tomorrow with an update.

Sounds like a recipe for a 5/24 denial, but what should I do? Have her resubmit the paper app immediately? Wait a month and then do that? Or do I maybe have a chance?

Thanks,
Seth
May I ask if the BRM offer was for 80k or 100k points? There was a flyer that suggested the 100k offer ended recently, so am curious.

As for the app, if it's already submitted, nothing quite much to do now, I imagine. Give it some time and hope the in person app somehow overrode 5/24. Worst comes to worst, 5/24 denial and incurred a HP, give it another go in 30 days.
prech is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 17, 7:21 am
  #405  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 310
Originally Posted by prech View Post
May I ask if the BRM offer was for 80k or 100k points?
100k.

Thanks,
Seth
sethweinstein is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread