Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:44 pm

I was originally planning to apply for the ink cash card but now want to go for the ink preferred sign up bonus.

Has anyone successfully product changed the new ink preferred to the ink cash after year 1?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by itsmejson
I was originally planning to apply for the ink cash card but now want to go for the ink preferred sign up bonus.

Has anyone successfully product changed the new ink preferred to the ink cash after year 1?
I'm not sure the Ink Preferred has even been out for a year yet. That's what I'm hoping to do though. I don't get enough value out of the Preferred's category to pay the $95 AF after year 1, so I'm hoping I can product change to an Ink Cash.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:49 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Mancolt
I'm not sure the Ink Preferred has even been out for a year yet..
Correct, thread started in October, applications in November, 2016.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Mancolt
I'm not sure the Ink Preferred has even been out for a year yet. That's what I'm hoping to do though. I don't get enough value out of the Preferred's category to pay the $95 AF after year 1, so I'm hoping I can product change to an Ink Cash.
Originally Posted by mia
Correct, thread started in October, applications in November, 2016.
Thank you for the input I was hoping that wasn't the case. I may hold off on applying for the ink preferred and have my wife apply for the Reserve instead but liked the idea of the 80k sign up bonus.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
For one of my businesses, I've had the Ink Preferred for about six months now, and I'm quite happy with the point earning and the customer service.

Just received an e-mail suggesting I could invite other business owners to apply for the card, with a 20,000 point referral bonus to me (and 80,000 to them, after $5k in spending in 1st 3 months).

I've invited several friends already - would be cool if they went for it. But it also occurs to me that I could use this product for another of my businesses, and am considering applying for another card myself. Two questions about this:

1) If I apply for a 2nd Ink Preferred Card (for a totally separate business, albeit a sole-proprietorship also under my SSN), am I eligible to earn another 80,000 bonus for the new account, while still keeping open my current Ink Preferred (for my primary business)?

2) In either case: is it possible to send a referral to myself (from one business e-mail address to another), thus earning the referral bonus for my primary business?

I've tried finding info above in this thread, but didn't find much advice about multiple Ink Preferred accounts, nor about referrals to secondary businesses.

Cheers,

Checkerboard
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:03 pm

You won't be able to get your bonus b/c it's tied to SSN rather than EIN.

In other news, Additional DP for CIP: Gyft (direct purchase) still codes as 3X. That's how I do all my grocery (Target, Whole Foods, etc.) shopping.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Originally Posted by gumercindo
You won't be able to get your bonus b/c it's tied to SSN rather than EIN.
Rats.

(Thanks for the reply though).
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by checkerboard
1) If I apply for a 2nd Ink Preferred Card (for a totally separate business, albeit a sole-proprietorship also under my SSN), am I eligible to earn another 80,000 bonus for the new account, while still keeping open my current Ink Preferred (for my primary business)?Checkerboard
Judging by how my app was treated, the Chase algorithm looks solely at the credit of the applier's SSN, They were just as happy to issue a card to a friend with a no-history, no revenue dba as they were determined to deny one to my legitimate, active corporation because I personally exceeded the 5/24 rule. If you have, or appoint, someone else as a responsible officer of your 2nd dba, you might get a second card if that person's credit history merits it. They might still deny the second bonus, of course.

It may not cut any ice with Chase, but you can get an EIN from the IRS for each separate dba you have, even of you have no employees to report. In some contexts, this helps you unhook your business documents from your SSN even though legally you and all your dbas are one entity. Having the EIN doesn't obligate you to any additional tax form filings.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by bvbb
It may not cut any ice with Chase, but you can get an EIN from the IRS for each separate dba you have, even of you have no employees to report. In some contexts, this helps you unhook your business documents from your SSN even though legally you and all your dbas are one entity. Having the EIN doesn't obligate you to any additional tax form filings.
I'm trying to understand the advantage of getting another EIN (in the context of Chase cards) here, if bonus eligibility is constrained by SSN.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by ralphs
I'm trying to understand the advantage of getting another EIN (in the context of Chase cards) here, if bonus eligibility is constrained by SSN.
If Chase demands your SSN as the tax id of your dba, then there is none (I don't remember what the application calls for). If they'll accept an EIN, then you can distinguish 2 dbas from each other. SSN and EIN are both valid tax ids for a dba, but a requestor could demand the SSN.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 1:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by bvbb
If Chase demands your SSN as the tax id of your dba, then there is none (I don't remember what the application calls for). If they'll accept an EIN, then you can distinguish 2 dbas from each other. SSN and EIN are both valid tax ids for a dba, but a requestor could demand the SSN.
Doesn't Chase require both the applicant's SSN and the business's EIN?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:28 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Anyone have experience with the Cell Phone replacement program.

Dropped iPhone 6 (Paid $227+Tax+monthly subsidy)
Pay phone bill on the Ink preferred

The subsidy confuses the true price of the phone. So I only get $127 back (after deductible)?

Does anyone have any data points on this benefit?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: AA, WN, Amex, ThankYou, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, SPG, SQ
Originally Posted by prech
Any folks have experience/advice for re-applying for a business card after being denied for insufficient business income? Applied for Ink Preferred 100k in branch with a BRM, 4/24. Initially denied for being 5/24, but during reconsideration call, explained the extra account was an AU account, which the lending agent deemed acceptable.

Got the standard business income/revenue interview during that reconsideration call, before being told the information would be reviewed by a senior lender. Alas, only noted $1,000 income from a small resale business. A week passed and just received a letter noting denial for insufficient business income. Had heard multiple experiences from folks with small eBay resale businesses with $1,000 income being sufficient for approval, so very much regret not noting a larger income.

Is there some precedence for requesting re-consideration, or applying in 30 or 60 days with a higher income? I'd be fine with the $80k CIP at this point...

Thanks
I, too, am curious about DPs and best practices for how long to wait between a denied application with Chase and applying again for the same card. Applied for the Ink Preferred and was denied because business address couldn't be verified as the founder of the business registered it under his old address and he has since then both moved and is no longer in communication with the business so we can't easily change the registered address. Anyways, I was denied and would like to apply again for another business I have but don't want to be too impatient. Is 30+ days long enough between a denied application and another one for the same Chase Ink Preferred card?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by AndrewOnTheRoad
...I was denied and would like to apply again for another business I have but don't want to be too impatient. Is 30+ days long enough between a denied application and another one for the same Chase Ink Preferred card?

Thanks in advance!
30 days should be sufficient. When 5/24 was new I was denied for the CSP, and it just so happened that I dropped below 5/24 in a matter of a few weeks. I was auto approved for the same card after just a few weeks of waiting.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: AA, WN, Amex, ThankYou, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, SPG, SQ
Thanks Ratamacue!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.