Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
Originally Posted by buschoi
Just approved for the Ink Business Preferred today with the 100K sign-up bonus points.

Applied on May 26, 2017 at a branch with the business relationship manager. Filed a paper application since we both agreed the online application would go to review anyway, and I would be asked all the questions on the paper application regardless. The paper form asked about business revenue, profit, business nature, personal household income, etc. The BRM asked me separately about business growth plan. That question was not on the paper form, but I think she was getting herself ready to convince the back office to approve my application if needed. Have an LLC with legitimate business spends (not eBay/Amazon selling). Have a Chase Ink Plus, again with lots of legitimate business spends, not just eBay PPDG or Staples, and the BRM said that made things much easier.

Approved for $10K, which was what I asked for. I was prepared to move some of the credit lines from the Ink Plus but was pleasantly surprised Chase just extended $10K more.

By the way, I am under 5/24. I told the BRM that. I also have really good credit score (around 800).

It doesn't hurt that she knows I have Plat Honor with Bank of America and my main business checking account is there. I told her how much I hated BofA. and she said how much she wanted me to move to Chase. I told her getting this card would be a big step. So I am not too surprised I got the card without a phone call from the back office. The BRM might have helped push it through without my involvement at all.
I'm confirming that you do NOT have any bank accounts with Chase (personal or business) but you got the 100k offer? I am thinking about opening a Chase business account to get the offer but don't want to if I don't have to.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:21 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Bohemiana
I'm confirming that you do NOT have any bank accounts with Chase (personal or business) but you got the 100k offer? I am thinking about opening a Chase business account to get the offer but don't want to if I don't have to.
I have personal checking account and credit cards as well as business credit card (but no business checking account). I was NOT targeted for the 100k offer.

I called the branches to see if the 100k was available if I walk-in to apply through a business relationship manager. The first branch said no, but the second branch said yes, and the BRM just so happened to be there that particular afternoon. The walk-in offer MUST go through a BRM. No other person in the branch has the code for the 100k offer.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
What do they do, ask you about your business income in person?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:07 pm

For me, Endicia Fee (Monthly Fee $15.95) is only 1x. But the USPS Postage charges which is the much bigger amount is 3x.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by richardparker
I just spent 20 mins combing through this thread to locate known 3x bonuses with Chase Ink Preferred... Here's what I see so far.

Qualifies for 3x
Gyft.com and app with or without paypal
eBay seller fee's paid directly to eBay with or without paypal
eBay shipping paid through paypal
Amazon AWS Fee's
Amtrak
UPS
Fedex
Venmo

Does not qualify for 3x
Endicia
Channeladvisor

Anyone else have confirms? Please save many lots of time and share!
Here are 3X updates from my 6/9/17 statement:
TWC*TIME WARNER NYC (standard Spectrum residential cable bill)
Amazon web services (but note Amazon Rewards VISA w/Prime gives 5% reward)
USPS PO 3547750258 (standard postage purchase)
Netflix.com (monthly DVD subscription)
Old Jun 16, 2017, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by bvbb
Nevermind

Last edited by thoughtsfromacube; Jun 19, 2017 at 1:23 pm
Old Jun 16, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by bvbb
On my statement I see a total of the 3x bonus points added. But I don't see a breakdown of what specific transactions and merchants they were applied to. Am I missing something on my statement? I get my internet service at my business though google fiber but I never get the 3x bonus applied to it. How do you know the 3x bonus points are being awarded correctly?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by susiesan
On my statement I see a total of the 3x bonus points added. But I don't see a breakdown of what specific transactions and merchants they were applied to. Am I missing something on my statement? I get my internet service at my business though google fiber but I never get the 3x bonus applied to it. How do you know the 3x bonus points are being awarded correctly?
Go to the UR portal and click on "Review more activity" underneath your balance and pending points.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:47 pm

Want to apply for an Ink Business Preferred. I don't want to do a hard pull until I verify where I'm at with either 4 or 5 / 24.

Is getting one of the free credit reports online the easiest (only?) way?? Admittedly naive, I watch my credit score constantly but have never really dug into a report.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:12 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cheaptom
... one of the free credit reports online the easiest (only?) way?....
Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...24-status.html
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
This card might be a good substitute for Sapphire Preferred Reserve if it had medical evacuation and medical expenses like the CSR has.

Oh and primary car rental coverage for CDW.

It says primary if car rental is for business purposes. So otherwise they give you secondary coverage if you decline CDW? So it would only reimburse you if your main car insurance declines to cover rental car damage overseas?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:22 am

I think you'll find that most credit card insurance coverage is specified as secondary to anything else that covers the same event.

Originally Posted by wco81
This card might be a good substitute for Sapphire Preferred Reserve if it had medical evacuation and medical expenses like the CSR has.

Oh and primary car rental coverage for CDW.

It says primary if car rental is for business purposes. So otherwise they give you secondary coverage if you decline CDW? So it would only reimburse you if your main car insurance declines to cover rental car damage overseas?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:07 am

This may have been answered somewhere but I cannot find it.

I have the Ink Business Preferred, as well as the personal Sapphire Reserve. Since my personal Sapphire Reserve offers a 50% bonus when points are used for travel on the portal (vs. the 20% bonus that the Ink Preferred offers), can I transfer my points whenever I want over to my personal Sapphire Reserve to use them with the 50% bonus?

Both cards are in my name and linked together on my online page.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by swf83
This may have been answered somewhere but I cannot find it.

I have the Ink Business Preferred, as well as the personal Sapphire Reserve. Since my personal Sapphire Reserve offers a 50% bonus when points are used for travel on the portal (vs. the 20% bonus that the Ink Preferred offers), can I transfer my points whenever I want over to my personal Sapphire Reserve to use them with the 50% bonus?

Both cards are in my name and linked together on my online page.
Yes.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by rrgg
Yes.
Thanks! Are there any restrictions or limitations to how often I can transfer, maximum points that can be transferred, etc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.