Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Old Mar 25, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by PointsTutor
Chase will no longer waive the first years annual fee for in branch applications. I don't know of any online offers that would have the annual fee waived.
Originally Posted by Mancolt
Do you know when this took effect?
I received this card last month (for actual business purposes). I was assured by both my Chase personal banker and by the Chase branch banker who took my application that the card fee would be waived the first year. I do have a substantial presence with this bank.

So surprise when I get my first statement with the fee present. I went back to the branch and it took this man a full day but the fee was rescinded.^

Therefore, I suspect that if you are a customer that Chase wants to maintain, you probably can get the first year fee waived.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by radonc1
So surprise when I get my first statement with the fee present. I went back to the branch and it took this man a full day but the fee was rescinded.^

Therefore, I suspect that if you are a customer that Chase wants to maintain, you probably can get the first year fee waived.
Or it was a courtesy credit.

Not the same thing.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by sechs
Or it was a courtesy credit.

Not the same thing.
I am not certain what the difference between a fee waiver or a
"courtesy credit" if both are taken off the credit card statement.

Furthermore, I am not certain that the ultimate outcome is any different. So if this makes things any better, I will restate

If you have a significant presence at Chase, it is likely that you will get a "courtesy credit" for your first years card fee if you apply at a branch (and of course ask for it )
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
How long did it actually take you? Doesn't seem worth the time.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by ralphs
How long did it actually take you? Doesn't seem worth the time.
When the first statement came in, the fee was on it. I called the next day to the banker who opened the account and it took him one day to get it reversed.

I hope that was the answer to your question.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by svirfnebli
Per the subject: Has anyone found a place that codes as 3x that sells gift cards?
I haven't finished reading this thread but I can help you out if no one else has. I am currently getting 3x points on gift cards purchased through gyfts app via paypal. Counts as telecom.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:08 pm

Someone remind me...my wife applied for the preferred (she's at 0/24) and she originally got the 7-10 day notification on the automatic line but then she got the "we need to verify your name and SSN" identify verification mail the other day. Is this a simple cursory verification followed by a decision or is this part of her recon and they'll ask her more pointed questions?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by rabbmd
I haven't finished reading this thread but I can help you out if no one else has. I am currently getting 3x points on gift cards purchased through gyfts app via paypal. Counts as telecom.
You sir, are a king among men!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:24 pm

Does the fact that it was gyft make it telecomm or did the addition of paypal as the intermediary drive telecomm classification?

Just did a test run to see how it posts. Still pending...
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:33 pm
Original Member

approved in spite of (5/24)

My husband just got approved in spite of (5/24). He has a small legit business with about $2,000 profit. He called when he got the -- let you know in 30 day notification. He pointed out that he only opened 2 cards in the last 2 years, and the other 3 cards were secondary user to my cards. They said they would let him know within 2 weeks--after a supervisor looks it over. Just got an e-mail acceptance confirmation 4 days later. Card is coming in the mail soon (or so they say). YEA... It has been a loooooooooooong 15 month dry spell just doing lowly cash rewards.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:05 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
For those whose older Ink expired after Ink Preferred came out - did your new card come in as an Ink Preferred?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by radonc1
I am not certain what the difference between a fee waiver or a
"courtesy credit" if both are taken off the credit card statement.
Probably because you're still flying Continental and USAir

A fee waiver removes the fee. A credit gives you an amount equal to the fee, but you still pay the fee.

Net the same amount of money, but a difference with meaning.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 11:06 am

Great card to have. Can't wait to be under 5/24.

Last edited by s0ju; Mar 31, 2017 at 12:30 pm
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Anyone have info on 100k bonus match? Spouse approved last month with 80k bonus but hasn't met spend yet.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Anyone have info on 100k bonus match? Spouse approved last month with 80k bonus but hasn't met spend yet.
Hello (kerrigjl),

Thank you for your recent message regarding the bonus
offer for your account.

The offer to earn 100,000 points is only applicable to
accounts that were opened at the branch. We ask that you
trust that this decision is the same for all members whose
accounts do not fall within this category. We feel that
adhering to the same policy for all members outside of
this designated time frame is the best way to remain fair
and consistent.

(kerrigjl), I see that the offer for your account is to earn
80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in
the first 3 months after account opening. You have until
July 13, 2017 to earn the bonus points.

Note: Purchases do not include balance transfers, cash
advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks,
foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access
your account, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent
charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if
applicable.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing
Chase.

(rep)
Chase Email Servicing
(phone)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.