Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is a continuation of:

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by Blackeyes24
I just looked at my account and they gave me my 100k point bonus after my first statement closed and I've only spent $3k, not $4k. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm thrilled, dont get me wrong, just really confused.
I agree it's confusing, but like you I would just be smiling. Chase has a history of not clawing back points. I hope mine post after $3K spend too lol even though I'm sure I'll spend a lot more along the way.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Blackeyes24
I just looked at my account and they gave me my 100k point bonus after my first statement closed and I've only spent $3k, not $4k. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm thrilled, dont get me wrong, just really confused.
They will give you the 100,000 within 2 or 3 days of hitting $4,000. You do not have to wait until the next statement closes. Also, if you were reimbursed for the travel credit, then the amount you spent ($300) would be included in your total. I think the TSA Pre-check credits would count as well. Conversely, if you have been billed for the Annual Fee, that does not count toward the $4000.

So add up first month's statement + spending since then + credit amounts (if applicable) and that would be your total spend eligible for the 100,000 points.

If after all that, they still gave you 100,000 points at $3000 spend, then that is really unusual.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Appleman
They will give you the 100,000 within 2 or 3 days of hitting $4,000. You do not have to wait until the next statement closes. Also, if you were reimbursed for the travel credit, then the amount you spent ($300) would be included in your total. I think the TSA Pre-check credits would count as well. Conversely, if you have been billed for the Annual Fee, that does not count toward the $4000.

So add up first month's statement + spending since then + credit amounts (if applicable) and that would be your total spend eligible for the 100,000 points.

If after all that, they still gave you 100,000 points at $3000 spend, then that is really unusual.
yeah I've done all that. I was at $3100 (after taking all that into account) when my statement closed. I guess i just got very lucky. I'll certainly take it! Already booking trips with the points.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 12:32 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by RedElmo
XN award tickets availability is a big one. Free luggage and early boarding. Unless you're already United silver. Then everything pretty much overlaps.
What is an XN award ticket?
TIA
Old Dec 30, 2016, 12:39 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Paulchili
What is an XN award ticket?
TIA
It's a special inventory of award redemption that is open only to elite status and credit card holders.

Many times I've seen XN availability for super saver award redemption but no X availability. So if you're an elite or a credit card holder you would be able to get those award seats.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 12:45 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by RedElmo
It's a special inventory of award redemption that is open only to elite status and credit card holders.

Many times I've seen XN availability for super saver award redemption but no X availability. So if you're an elite or a credit card holder you would be able to get those award seats.
I assume this is for UA.
When I look for awards on UA website I do not see those designations (X or XN) - only Economy, Business Saver/standard & First saver/standard.
Where do you see XN?
Sorry for being a newbie on UA
Old Jan 2, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
So trying to clear out a backlog of things to do - one of them was to take advantage of the National Executive Emerald Club membership. Clicked through the link today and found out that the offer expired at the end of 2016...so out of luck there (I called National to confirm). I have top-tier Hertz and Avis membership, but the more the merrier is my opinion. A bit disappointed that Chase did not make it clear at all that some of these elite bumps had an expiration date on them.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
So trying to clear out a backlog of things to do - one of them was to take advantage of the National Executive Emerald Club membership. Clicked through the link today and found out that the offer expired at the end of 2016...so out of luck there (I called National to confirm). I have top-tier Hertz and Avis membership, but the more the merrier is my opinion. A bit disappointed that Chase did not make it clear at all that some of these elite bumps had an expiration date on them.
Just status match across to National if you really want it. You'll match to Exec Elite

https://statusmatch.emeraldclub.com/usen/
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum Elite, Delta Silver Medallion
Does National Status match to Enterprise? I usually use Enterprise because of my corporate rate but I'd like to status match if possible.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Chris2013
Does National Status match to Enterprise? ...
Apparently not, but Avis and Hertz do:

https://statusmatch.enterpriseplus.com/

It appears that you can rent from Enterprise and credit to National:

Rent at participating Enterprise Rent-A-Car locations to earn Free Rental Days and higher status with Emerald Club.

https://www.nationalcar.com/en_US/ca.../benefits.html

Last edited by mia; Jan 3, 2017 at 8:26 am
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: AA Gold
Finally got down to 4/24 when the calendar turned, so applied last night and got the pending message. Called recon this morning and after agreeing to move 10k from one Freedom and 5k from another was approved with a 15k limit.

The credit analyst who approved me said the card would arrive in 1-2 weeks. I was under the impression shipping is expedited to the tune of 2-3 days. Did the credit analyst just not know what he was talking about? Or do I need to call Chase again to have it expedited?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:31 am

You'll have it by Friday.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
is it UPS deivry with signature ?

Applied for the CSR 12/28/16, got approved 12/29/16. They said mailing the card will take 7 to 10 biz days. Will it be a signature required UPS delivery?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:57 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by DocAmaresh
...signature required ...
No.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Thanks Mia.
Hope it'll gently snow down into my mailbox then, ready for me tp pick it up when I return home next week ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.