Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 22, 17, 3:09 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
This thread is a continuation of:

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 26, 16, 10:55 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; Ex-HA Pt (now not), GE
Originally Posted by mymilesandpoints View Post
Did you 100,000 bonus points post already? I'm on my first statement still and have around 13,000 points to post, almost all from travel and dining.
There is an index/counter of the points that I will earn. It is on the UR portal page that you access through your initial page.
Old Sep 26, 16, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by STS-134 View Post
each point is worth, at most, about 1 cent. So I pretty much only use the thing for special offers.
Really? You obviously don't know how to use MR points...
Old Sep 26, 16, 11:33 am

Dp: Af & pps

Just an FYI, I applied in-branch on 9/1; instantly approved, and received my (plastic) card on 9/6. I earned the $300 travel credit and $100 GE reimbursement within my first statement period, which closed on 9/23. No annual fee has yet been charged, and I didn't have to specifically register for PPS (the card came in the mail last week).
Old Sep 26, 16, 12:11 pm

Anyone planning to redeem UR via the Chase travel portal at 0.015?

Or going for the gold and achieve higher redemption via transfers to airlines?
Old Sep 26, 16, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers View Post
Anyone planning to redeem UR via the Chase travel portal at 0.015?

Or going for the gold and achieve higher redemption via transfers to airlines?
higher redemption on premium int'l travel on airlines ($0.02-0.10/point depending on airline/time/...)

not really worth it for domestic transfers (eg: southwest, redemption is mostly at a fixed rate where 1UR redeems to about $0.012-0.018/point, so UR portal might be better)

your base redemption rate would be 0.015 (@ travel portal). should never redeem UR for statement credit at 0.01/point.
Old Sep 26, 16, 1:42 pm

Global Entry appointment: April 2017 at LAX

LOL, I read somewhere that I can simply walk in without appointment, is that true?
Old Sep 26, 16, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
should never redeem UR for statement credit at 0.01/point.
I feel like a lot of people who found out about the card from SD and the news are going to do just that. Oh well, more benefits for us.
Old Sep 26, 16, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
Originally Posted by openwheelracing View Post

LOL, I read somewhere that I can simply walk in without appointment, is that true?
No - not for a Global Entry interview. That must be scheduled through GOES. I think TSA PreCheck will accept walk-ins at certain airports, which is probably what you're thinking about.

Figure out a reasonable radius and check other enrollment centers. Airport-based locations seem to have huge waiting lists, whereas (for NEXUS), I've gotten same-week appointments at some of the land border crossing checkpoints (which can also do Global Entry). There may be a non-airport location within a few hours' drive with almost no wait.
Old Sep 26, 16, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
higher redemption on premium int'l travel on airlines ($0.02-0.10/point depending on airline/time/...)

not really worth it for domestic transfers (eg: southwest, redemption is mostly at a fixed rate where 1UR redeems to about $0.012-0.018/point, so UR portal might be better)

your base redemption rate would be 0.015 (@ travel portal). should never redeem UR for statement credit at 0.01/point.
Not sure if I am happy about 1.5 cent redemption rate in their portal as they price hotels much higher than what are available through Expedia or hotel websites... Defeats the purpose.
Old Sep 26, 16, 3:31 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by vm81 View Post
Not sure if I am happy about 1.5 cent redemption rate in their portal as they price hotels much higher than what are available through Expedia or hotel websites... Defeats the purpose.
Make sure you're comparing apples to apples. Most third party sites are notorious for quoting you one rate and then adding taxes and fees to the all in price. Booking through UR the price you see is the price you pay with the exception of resort fees. Of course you'll end up paying those regardless who you book through.
Old Sep 26, 16, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by openwheelracing View Post

Originally Posted by Darlox View Post
No - not for a Global Entry interview. That must be scheduled through GOES. I think TSA PreCheck will accept walk-ins at certain airports, which is probably what you're thinking about.

Figure out a reasonable radius and check other enrollment centers. Airport-based locations seem to have huge waiting lists, whereas (for NEXUS), I've gotten same-week appointments at some of the land border crossing checkpoints (which can also do Global Entry). There may be a non-airport location within a few hours' drive with almost no wait.
Not sure if LAX specifically does, but GE does accept walk in's on a ymmv basis, there's a thread dedicated to this.
Old Sep 26, 16, 3:50 pm

Saw on Facebook that TPG is having a Facebook live Q&A about the CSR with pres of chase cards. Should be interesting.
Old Sep 26, 16, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by vm81 View Post
just saying you shouldn't redeem it if it's < 1.5c/pt

if UR portal is overcharging, save points for later (complain to chase and/or get them to match whatever $ you're seeing on 3rd party)
Old Sep 26, 16, 7:26 pm

Applied online on 9/22/2016 at around 12:30pm PDT. Application went pending, and the automated system gave me the "will notify you within 30 days." Called the automated system, and the application was approved. Sure enough, I see the Sapphire Reserve when I logged in.

However, I noticed Chase reduced by credit limit on my Freedom and Sapphire Preferred by $5k each in order to approve application. I'd picture Chase would need to get my consent. Called customer service, and the agent couldn't give me the specifics other there's a letter coming. So I called recon and the agent did confirm that they had to shift the credit line around in order to approve the application. I asked her don't you guys need to call the cardmember to get consent first? She said they couldn't give a courtesy call due to the overwhelming demand. I have $45k aggregate credit limit across 4 cards (Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Sapphire Preferred, and Reserve)

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy that I got the card, but not really happy with how Chase handled the approval process by shifting line around without my consent. Oh well...
Old Sep 26, 16, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by khl3657 View Post
However, I noticed Chase reduced by credit limit on my Freedom and Sapphire Preferred by $5k each in order to approve application. I'd picture Chase would need to get my consent.
no they don't... see: 2008 financial crisis

Search this Thread
Search Engine: