Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is a continuation of:

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
i am at 15/24 with CPC. Applied this morning after 3 months with no pre-approval from branches and got pending. I called the reconsideration line and a rep immediately told me my app was denied due to too many cards in the last too years. I asked him to reconsider since my long time relationship with Chase and CPC status. He put me on hold for about 10 minute and come back say my app is being reviewed again and he couldn't give me any decision on the phone.

What should I do next, should I wait or call again tomorrow.

Thanks
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:10 am

Help needed CSR 5/24 including AU (see below)

Hi - I was hoping for some collective help. I am dying to get the CSR and stupidly applied for the united milage plus (late 10/2016) and the amazon charge card on amazon. I am currently at 5/24 and will be for another year, but this includes an AMEX that I am an AU. I had a pre approval at my local chase, but when the form was printed, the APR was variable, so I didn't apply and now there is no more pre approval.
Getting the AMEX AU removed seems like a pain, since I'd have to dispute it.
Should I apply online and take my chances, then do recon over phone?
Apply in branch, have them help?
Wait for pre approval to come again (although it wasn't even real last time).
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
Depends what the auto status line says.
Can you expand on this?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 1:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Blackhawk8
Can you expand on this?
It means that seeing the 7-10 day notice during the application process is not definitive. Read the Wikipost at the top of this thread, find the number for the automated application status line, and report what it says:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...5-present.html
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Peter_Ng
i am at 15/24 with CPC. Applied this morning after 3 months with no pre-approval from branches and got pending. I called the reconsideration line and a rep immediately told me my app was denied due to too many cards in the last too years. I asked him to reconsider since my long time relationship with Chase and CPC status. He put me on hold for about 10 minute and come back say my app is being reviewed again and he couldn't give me any decision on the phone.

Thanks
Check the automated line and already approved for 15k. woo hoo!!!
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:43 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Peter_Ng

I suggest waiting for a couple of days. You might be very pleased one morning to log on and see the CSR logo on your account. Our household has 2 CSR's with apps that were initially denied for being over 5/24, reviewed via recon, and approved.

Updated from post above: Congrats on your approval!
Old Dec 6, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
Depends what the auto status line says.
Thanks - this was the right advice. I called the following morning and was approved; no need to talk to recon. ^
Old Dec 7, 2016, 12:21 pm

Talking Approved!

Applied 5 days after falling under the 5/24 and received instantaneous approval! Prior to this I had 4 personal and 2 business accounts with chase with a total of about 50k in credit between all. They just gave me another 20k. Income of about $65k per year. Not sure what other datapoints everyone has been looking for. This bonus will cover most of my travel for the year. yay me!

Updated: Even better they gave me a statement closing date of 12/26/16 even though I just applied today! I'll be able to get the travel credit in 2016! Hopefully I get the card quickly since they denied my rush request.

Last edited by Blackeyes24; Dec 7, 2016 at 3:15 pm Reason: updated: Statement Closing date
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:26 am

For everyone who hasn't gotten approved instantly!

Applied for the card two days ago and I'm under 5/24 with a ~780 score. I didn't get approved instantly (first time this has happened in years), checked my chase account yesterday and nothing, checked it again today and saw that my application was approved (I didn't call chase).

As others have said - give it 2 to 3 days and check your account again.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 5:10 am
mia

Ms mia applied at the beginning of the week. Chase called her on Friday 12.9.2016, and approved. First closing date 12.25.2016.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by mia
Ms mia applied at the beginning of the week. Chase called her on Friday 12.9.2016, and approved. First closing date 12.25.2016.
congrats!
Old Dec 10, 2016, 8:45 am
mia

Originally Posted by jjesq99
congrats!
I don't think a credit card warrant congratulations, it's a tool not an accomplishment. I was primarily reporting that it is still possible to have a December closing date assigned without automatic approval.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 4:01 pm

Ms. Big4Flyer was just approved for CSR, unfortunately, first statement closes 1/5/17. Will try calling to get statement date adjusted and report back.

EDIT: Just called in to adjust the statement date despite the CSR being unsure if we could, she was ultimately able to change the first statement date to December 28.

Last edited by Big4Flyer; Dec 10, 2016 at 4:15 pm
Old Dec 10, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum / HHonors Diamond / Hyatt Globalist / AA EX Platinum
Originally Posted by pzpa
For everyone who hasn't gotten approved instantly!

Applied for the card two days ago and I'm under 5/24 with a ~780 score. I didn't get approved instantly (first time this has happened in years), checked my chase account yesterday and nothing, checked it again today and saw that my application was approved (I didn't call chase).

As others have said - give it 2 to 3 days and check your account again.
I had the exact same thing happen, with basically the same credit score. Even with the initial delay, I had my new CSR within 1 week of applying.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 3:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
phone call?

Originally Posted by mia
Just wondering what was the reason for the call?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.