Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is a continuation of:

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:42 am

My spouse and me both got 100k points each. I am thinking of combining our points but wondering if keeping them separate has any advantage while booking tickets using UR portal.

By the way I am planning to keep my card and my spouse will cancel after 1 year. When we are close to the first anniversary we will combine points anyway so that we don't lose points on the card that we will be canceling. I am just wondering if we should leave them separate until then if there are any advantages/limitations with booking tickets. As I have never booked any tickets using UR portal before I am having these questions.

Appreciate any feedback!!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 9thSense
My spouse and me both got 100k points each. I am thinking of combining our points but wondering if keeping them separate has any advantage while booking tickets using UR portal.

By the way I am planning to keep my card and my spouse will cancel after 1 year. When we are close to the first anniversary we will combine points anyway so that we don't lose points on the card that we will be canceling. I am just wondering if we should leave them separate until then if there are any advantages/limitations with booking tickets. As I have never booked any tickets using UR portal before I am having these questions.

Appreciate any feedback!!
One point to remember with airline tickets is that if you are travelling together then you are less likely to be separated if things change when you are ticketed together.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by MADPhil
One point to remember with airline tickets is that if you are travelling together then you are less likely to be separated if things change when you are ticketed together.
Thank you! There is no limitation on the number of airline tickets we can buy at a time right? We will be booking minimum 4 tickets at a time.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA G
I got the 7-10 message. Is the current wisdom to call recon immediately or wait for the letter?

I'm at 3/24 (4/24 if you consider a mortgage refi a new account opening) and only have one other perseonal Chase card (no biz cards).
Old Dec 4, 2016, 1:09 pm

Thank you! There is no limitation on the number of airline tickets we can buy at a time right? We will be booking minimum 4 tickets at a time.
I wouldn't think four would be a problem purchase. Airlines do limit the number you can buy on the web in one group but it is usually more than four. The bigger limitation is that when you buy a block of tickets they will price into the highest fare bracket that has that number of seats on offer. You can check if this is happening by pricing single and multiple tickets.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by MADPhil
I wouldn't think four would be a problem purchase. Airlines do limit the number you can buy on the web in one group but it is usually more than four. The bigger limitation is that when you buy a block of tickets they will price into the highest fare bracket that has that number of seats on offer. You can check if this is happening by pricing single and multiple tickets.
Appreciate your feedback!
I checked and didn't find much difference in fare between 1 and 4 tickets, maybe it goes up for more tickets as you said.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by unavaca
I got the 7-10 message. Is the current wisdom to call recon immediately or wait for the letter?

I'm at 3/24 (4/24 if you consider a mortgage refi a new account opening) and only have one other perseonal Chase card (no biz cards).
Doesn't hurt to call, especially if you're under 5/24. This is probably just "high limit" verification, where they have a person review the app to verify the computer's decision to give you a high starting limit.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:17 pm

Appreciate your feedback!
I checked and didn't find much difference in fare between 1 and 4 tickets, maybe it goes up for more tickets as you said.
It can go up for two tickets if the lowest priced bucket has only one space. The key point is that if tickets are bought together they must all be in the same price bucket/fare code.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by unavaca

Depends what the auto status line says.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:48 pm

Is there any risk of the ultimate rewards points being devalued in the next year? I am considering whether to use my existing points at 1.5x to buy an air ticket or to put the ticket on the card so that it will help my initial spend. I will make the initial spend in time but it would be barely unless I find more stuff to charge.

However, I would hate to accumulate a lot of points and the the redemption value goes from 1.5x to .75x or something like that.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:41 am

Applied and got approved on Friday, statement date closing 1/1. Any recent successes changing that to December or am I screwed? I SMed asking and they said it would take a couple billing cycles to change. Going to try to call when I get the card.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst and CP; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by ifish110
Applied and got approved on Friday, statement date closing 1/1. Any recent successes changing that to December or am I screwed? I SMed asking and they said it would take a couple billing cycles to change. Going to try to call when I get the card.
My personal experience has been that you need to have at least one billing cycle posted before you can change the statement date - this can be done online via your account login.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by lainys
My personal experience has been that you need to have at least one billing cycle posted before you can change the statement date - this can be done online via your account login.
That's also what they're saying on the $300 reimbursement thread.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:06 pm

Question Apply or wait???

According to Credit Karma I am officially under 5/24 as of 12/3/16. I tried chase's pre-approval on the website and received offers for the freedom and the slate, but not the CSR. Prior to 12/3 there were no pre-approved offers whatsoever. I have $20,917 in available credit across 4 chase personal cards and another $20,000 in business credit across two chase business cards. I just got hit with annual fees on one business card and one personal card. Here are my questions.

1) Is it okay to apply for the CSR immediately after going under the 5/24 or should I wait a month?
2) Does it make more sense to wait a month or two anyway to make the timing of the travel credit (calendar year vs. card member year) and getting it twice easier?
2) Should I cancel/downgrade the two cards that got hit with the annual fees before or after applying for the CSR?
3) Do mortgage accounts affect the 5/24 in any way? I've refinanced twice in 2 years to lower my interest rate and term (without significantly raising my payment). Additionally my mortgage was just sold so it looks like 3 new mortgage accounts (with two closing) in the last two years.
4) Does adding an authorized used to an existing (non-chase) account have any effect on anything? I've got an offer from SPG for 5k bonus points if I add an authorized user who spends $500.

I need the 100k points to accomplish my travel plans this year, so I dont want to miss the offer, but will wait if it means I'm more likely to get approved.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Blackeyes24
1) Is it okay to apply for the CSR immediately after going under the 5/24 or should I wait a month?
2) Does it make more sense to wait a month or two anyway to make the timing of the travel credit (calendar year vs. card member year) and getting it twice easier?
2) Should I cancel/downgrade the two cards that got hit with the annual fees before or after applying for the CSR?
3) Do mortgage accounts affect the 5/24 in any way? I've refinanced twice in 2 years to lower my interest rate and term (without significantly raising my payment). Additionally my mortgage was just sold so it looks like 3 new mortgage accounts (with two closing) in the last two years.
4) Does adding an authorized used to an existing (non-chase) account have any effect on anything? I've got an offer from SPG for 5k bonus points if I add an authorized user who spends $500.
1. My mom applied the 2 years and 1 day after the 5th account dropped off and was automatically approved.

2. If it were me, I would wait til really late Dec or early January. I know some will try to get 3 travel credits ($900), but I'd be happy with a guaranteed 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.