Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is a continuation of:

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2016, 7:37 pm

Data Point

Also posted this in the Chase forum sticky on 10/4, but adding here as well as a data point in case it helps someone as it's specific to the CSR.

Original post from 10/4:

Here's my story:

Applied for CSR on Saturday knowing that I was at 6/24 and not likely to get instant approval. However the 6/24 includes a Target store card & a Chase Ink Plus. I know some have said that department store cards & business cards don't count to 5/24 (which would have made me 4/24). So decided to take the gamble. Once I hit submit, I of course got the "We need to review your application a little longer" message. Immediately called recon through a number I found on one of the travel blogs.

The first rep I spoke to stated that I was denied for too many accounts in the past 2 years. She was nice, but very unwilling to do anything to help, despite trying to persuade the 4/24 snapshot. Hung up, and called back to get a different rep. Second was more firm and even a bit condescending, basically telling me to go pound sand. So left it at that and expected to have to wait a few months for some inquiries to fall off my report.

This morning, I stumbled upon a second recon number on a reddit group that folks were saying they had better luck with. More helpful reps. Called in, and was of course immediately told I was declined due to too many accounts in the past 2 years. I asked her how many, and she was able to tell me 5. (I'm assuming the Ink + was the one that was left off to make my "on the record" tally @ 5/24.). I then mentioned that one of the 5 was a department store card (Target), and asked whether any special consideration/exemption could be made to reduce the tally. She then said she'd be willing to reopen the app to see what she could to. After a brief hold, she said if I moved some credit around on my existing Chase cards, she could likely process. I quickly agreed, and after a few additional questions and holds I was approved! CSR already showing up in my online account.

Not sure if the phone numbers are allowed to be posted here, but if any of you needs the one that worked for me, shoot me a PM and I'll share it.

10/6 Update:

Ironically received both my card today (UPS) as well as the rejection letter (USPS) from my original online application.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 6:54 am

I applied for the CSR and application went to pending. I was at 4/24 so I called recon to check on it.
They moved some credit around, put on hold a few times, transferred to another department to verify my identity. I was approved after that. I asked if it can be expedited, but I was told that since it was a metal card, there was no way to do that.

I'm just glad this is over with. It was a long process to remove all the AU accounts that dropped my apps from 9/24 to 4/24.

What other Chase card should I apply for to combine the HP's today?
Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I just applied online, and for the first time ever, I was not immediately approved for a card. It's showing as pending. My FICO score is over 800.

I don't churn cards and don't MS. I have 2 other Chase cards - the UA Presidential Plus and the CSP. Both I've had for well over 2 years. I recently closed an Amex Gold account and applied and received the Everyday card (was approved immediately).

Am totally perplexed by the pending application. If it matters, I was logged into my account when I applied.

Ideas? I have a big bill to pay and was hoping to use it toward the minimum spend.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Call the recon line (search this thread for the phone number). Ask them what info they need to process the application. They likely want to move credit line from your other Chase cards.

Neil
Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
OK... Thank you.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Ratamacue
Maybe you guys would have better luck if you sent a SM. That seems to do a better job sending requests to a person who has more specialized knowledge of the questions people ask. Tell them you need it for an international travel destination.
I sent them a SM yesterday and they told me I could only have one or the other. If I wanted the plastic card, they would send it out to me and then I'll have to send back the metal card.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by missamo80
Call the recon line (search this thread for the phone number). Ask them what info they need to process the application. They likely want to move credit line from your other Chase cards.

Neil
That's what happened with my previous card. Have to wait a few weeks for them to decide which credit to move. With CSR this time... they didn't move credit, but actually gave me new credit line. Still have to wait about 2 weeks though. I didn't call them though just let them decide what they want to do.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:45 am

I got approved for this card over a month ago (09/04/16) and still haven't received a metal card.

I called customer service today and told them that my plastic card doesn't work intermittently and requested that they send me a new card. She said she will send me a new one and I should be receiving it in the next 3-5 business days. Hopefully I get a metal one this time.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by scootr5
I'm still waiting to get my replacement metal card. I've been using the plastic one for a month.
Me also.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by ehuang03
I sent them a SM yesterday and they told me I could only have one or the other. If I wanted the plastic card, they would send it out to me and then I'll have to send back the metal card.
<sarcasm>Yeah, and they totally care if they get the metal one back.</sarcasm>

They told me they'd send me an envelope to send back the metal card... which I was going to use for my cancelled CSP... but I never even got the envelope. I'm sure it's Chase's policy not to permit duplicates, especially on a card that charges for AUs, but style changes and damaged card replacements yield a new card with exactly the same details, so you do the math. At one point I had four CSPs, two each of plastic and metal. All four worked, swipe or EMV.

Last edited by der_saeufer; Oct 7, 2016 at 9:12 am
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by der_saeufer

They told me they'd send me an envelope to send back the metal card... which I was going to use for my cancelled CSP... but I never even got the envelope. I'm sure it's Chase's policy not to permit duplicates, especially on a card that charges for AUs, but style changes and damaged card replacements yield a new card with exactly the same details, so you do the math. At one point I had four CSPs, two each of plastic and metal. All four worked, swipe or EMV.
Nice to know that. I'll probably go ahead and tell them to send it. Thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by magnitude
I applied for the CSR and application went to pending. I was at 4/24 so I called recon to check on it.
They moved some credit around, put on hold a few times, transferred to another department to verify my identity. I was approved after that. I asked if it can be expedited, but I was told that since it was a metal card, there was no way to do that.

I'm just glad this is over with. It was a long process to remove all the AU accounts that dropped my apps from 9/24 to 4/24.

What other Chase card should I apply for to combine the HP's today?
If you don't have the Freedom or Freedom Unlimited I would get one.
I like the Freedom for the 5X's on Sam's and Costco.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by der_saeufer

I just asked for a plastic card to be sent.
No issues at all. CS just asked that I destroy the metal one once the plastic card was received so another card wasn't floating about!
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I just applied online, and for the first time ever, I was not immediately approved for a card. It's showing as pending. My FICO score is over 800.

I don't churn cards and don't MS. I have 2 other Chase cards - the UA Presidential Plus and the CSP. Both I've had for well over 2 years. I recently closed an Amex Gold account and applied and received the Everyday card (was approved immediately).

Am totally perplexed by the pending application. If it matters, I was logged into my account when I applied.

Ideas? I have a big bill to pay and was hoping to use it toward the minimum spend.

Their processing is truly bizarre. Both my wife and I had very delayed apps which required us to talk to their staff and even send evidence of address. This was laughable since we have never missed a payment on a card in 30 years, haven't moved in 25, and have great FICO. No debt. No churning or any other nonsense. Then we read posts here that appear written by people barely out of their teens who are given instant approval. As I said, it is laughable.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by surikatina
I just asked for a plastic card to be sent.
No issues at all. CS just asked that I destroy the metal one once the plastic card was received so another card wasn't floating about!
Did you call or sent a SM? I sent the SM around midnight. Probably went some customer service overseas somewhere. I'll try again right now. Maybe I'll get a rep that's based in the U.S.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.