FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1792975-chase-sapphire-reserve-100-000-points-4-000-spend-3-months.html)

tmiw Sep 29, 2016 12:04 am

Originally Posted by ehuang03 (Post 27277921)
The $300 won't count towards the minimum spend. I

I thought there were data points that said that it did?

kaiotes Sep 29, 2016 12:29 am

Per today's TPG's video w the Chase VP, she specially said it counted towards the $4k

Originally Posted by tmiw (Post 27277949)
I thought there were data points that said that it did?

yolandearagon Sep 29, 2016 7:02 am

Originally Posted by tmiw (Post 27274799)
I just got a UPS My Choice email for a package that's coming from Ann Arbor, MI. That doesn't happen to be the fancy box that some people originally got with their CSRs, is it? Weirdly it's being shipped via UPS Ground instead of Next Day Air.

Mine was delivered second day UPS in a large beige envelope. Postmark Ohio.

s0ju Sep 29, 2016 9:12 am

Really? I haven't seen the video or the data point. I'd have to check it out. Thanks!

p_man Sep 29, 2016 9:12 am

Originally Posted by yolandearagon (Post 27279143)
Mine was delivered second day UPS in a large beige envelope. Postmark Ohio.

My sequence was, roughly:

Early September: applied, received "you'll have to wait for decision" email.
+ 2-2.5 weeks: card shows up on chase.com
+ 1 day: email saying it's approved, card will arrive soon.
+ 2/3 days: card (metal) arrives, UPS second day air envelope. Activated, then called to move part of CSP credit line to CSR and start Priority Pass (which rep said was backed up on the PP end).
+ 5-6 days: get letter in mail saying that to open the card, they'd moved part of my MP credit line to the new card, and that my CSR card would be sent soon.

Plato90s Sep 29, 2016 9:51 am

Originally Posted by openwheelracing (Post 27271470)
So much demand for this card, I sure hope UR points won't devalue fast. Really only those who spend enough should get this card, I have a feeling people sign up just for 100,000 points.

Oh, absolutely.

I canceled my Sapphire Preferred card, waited a couple of weeks, and then got a quick online confirmation for the Reserve card.

The key difference between CitiPrestige and ChaseReserve, for me, is the 4th-night-free benefit and the discounted annual fee for CitiGold members.

This Reserve card will be a 1-year card only....

s0ju Sep 29, 2016 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Plato90s (Post 27279905)
Oh, absolutely.

I canceled my Sapphire Preferred card, waited a couple of weeks, and then got a quick online confirmation for the Reserve card.

The key difference between CitiPrestige and ChaseReserve, for me, is the 4th-night-free benefit and the discounted annual fee for CitiGold members.

This Reserve card will be a 1-year card only....

Yep! Glad I got the discounted annual fee also for the Prestige. I might hang onto the Reserve. I dine out a lot so the 3x is good for me. I'll probably get rid of my AMEX Plat when the annual fee is due.

Tpa-flyer Sep 29, 2016 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by jjmiller69 (Post 27275955)
As far as I know Chase doesn't have a app. In my case I had to call and point it out and get them to get it changed. I had cancelled the AU's 30+ days before I did the app. The only way it might work was you went through a Banker who maybe put a note on it? Good luck enjoy the card I plan on keeping mine for many years.

You might keep the Reserve for many years? While I have several cards that get systematic use, I envision the Reserve, moving forward, to become my go-to card. For me, the question will not be to cancel the Reserve after the first year but which other cards will become unnecessary to keep. Pretty sure the Reserve will stay in my wallet year after year, too. In particular, the $300 travel bennie and the lounge access appeal very much on top of everything else the card offers. (Email arrived informing me of delivery today. Hoping for the metal card right out of the gate.)

lizs Sep 29, 2016 12:18 pm

Was approved in branch yesterday after banker told me I was pre-approved. Sitting at 8/24, $24KCL. With just a few CC's at Chase and no other banking relationships I was pretty surprised.

As far as AU's....my spouse is at 3/24 but 8/24 with AU's (I didn't know AU's were part of Chase's rule, my bad for adding him). He applied online, called recon, they asked if he used the cards, he said no my wife wants me on them just in case. They pushed him and asked if a bank account was ever used with his name on it to pay the bills - he said yes and they denied him. Unfortunately there was no way for them to know that our joint checking account paid those accounts but he is honest, what can I say.

RedElmo Sep 29, 2016 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by lizs (Post 27280623)
Unfortunately there was no way for them to know that our joint checking account paid those accounts but he is honest, what can I say.

Then call back and try again... if chase wants to play that way then you tell them. NOPE he never uses the cards... just got it for the 5000 AU bonus.

carolina13 Sep 29, 2016 2:22 pm

I currently have a CFU and am looking to apply for a CSR. I've been carrying a balance on the CFU (~3k) because I have a 0% APR through mid-next year. I've been making the minimum payment or more since I opened the card and it's in good standing. Will having this balance on this Chase card hurt my chances at getting the CSR? I also have a similar, 0% APR balance on a Cap One card. I could pay it off the CFU in full in a month or so, but I want the 100k sign-up bonus. Is there any wisdom on when folks think that will end (other than eventually)?

roundtree Sep 29, 2016 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by carolina13 (Post 27281225)
I currently have a CFU and am looking to apply for a CSR. I've been carrying a balance on the CFU (~3k) because I have a 0% APR through mid-next year. I've been making the minimum payment or more since I opened the card and it's in good standing. Will having this balance on this Chase card hurt my chances at getting the CSR? I also have a similar, 0% APR balance on a Cap One card. I could pay it off the CFU in full in a month or so, but I want the 100k sign-up bonus. Is there any wisdom on when folks think that will end (other than eventually)?

You need to understand your credit score. I would start with CreditKarma, since it's free. That'll help you see whether the two balances are eating up too much of your available credit.

For a good score, less than 30% utilization is the mark to hit. CK has a really good simulator to understand the impact of changes that you might make. Excellent requires less than 10% utilization.

carolina13 Sep 29, 2016 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by roundtree (Post 27281245)
You need to understand your credit score. I would start with CreditKarma, since it's free. That'll help you see whether the two balances are eating up too much of your available credit.

For a good score, less than 30% utilization is the mark to hit. CK has a really good simulator to understand the impact of changes that you might make. Excellent requires less than 10% utilization.

I understand my credit score perfectly well and already use Credit Karma. Perhaps you need to understand my question. Including some AU accounts, my overall utilization is around 10%. Utilization or my credit score (mid-700s) is not what I'm worried about. I'm asking if Chase will see me as dangerous for some reason other than my credit score because of carrying a balance vs. paying off in full every month. In other words, do my approval odds for the CSR change if I pay off existing Chase accounts fully before applying?

roundtree Sep 29, 2016 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by carolina13 (Post 27281341)
I understand my credit score perfectly well and already use Credit Karma. Perhaps you need to understand my question. Including some AU accounts, my overall utilization is around 10%. Utilization or my credit score (mid-700s) is not what I'm worried about. I'm asking if Chase will see me as dangerous for some reason other than my credit score because of carrying a balance vs. paying off in full every month. In other words, do my approval odds for the CSR change if I pay off existing Chase accounts fully before applying?

No, they won't see it as dangerous. If you're around 10% utilization, you have nothing to worry about.

s0ju Sep 29, 2016 3:09 pm

You should be good. I was at 20% utilization when I applied.