Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select

If I have priority pass with platinum can I cancel the membership and get it through this card instead? How would I go about doing that? The reason is the authorized user perk of this card.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by slickvik
If I have priority pass with platinum can I cancel the membership and get it through this card instead? How would I go about doing that? The reason is the authorized user perk of this card.
Just have two memberships and keep them straight.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Are the Priority Pass lounges better than the * Alliance lounges and United Clubs?

Are they located past security of airports? I don't recall seeing them but then I never looked for them either.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wco81
Are the Priority Pass lounges better than the * Alliance lounges and United Clubs?

Are they located past security of airports? I don't recall seeing them but then I never looked for them either.
For the most part, no. The PP lounge at NRT is the KE lounge, and to be honest, it sucks compared to the NH lounges and even the UA lounges. At HNL, the IASS Hawaii lounge was the worst airport lounge I've ever been to...not even a bite of food in that place.

But then again, PP at PEK gets access to the CA F lounge, while *A gold only gets access to the CA J lounge.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by wco81

You can browse the website at prioritypass.com to see what's available. They aren't great domestically but do exist in some airports/terminals/etc.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by blankspace
Thank you for passing this information along! I wonder what they do if you already have a CitiPrestige open with the Priority Pass account?
They'll send you another PP card. I currently have 3 of them. :/
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:30 am

For those of you getting a PP account with the CSR and planning to travel soon - you might be able to call Chase and/or Priority Pass and get the necessary information to login to the mobile app (which would let you access most lounges with the digital membership card) soon after activating the benefit. I believe some people have reported success doing that with the Prestige PP benefit before receiving the physical membership card.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:32 am

it says priority pass select. that is the same exact program as amex platinum.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by evor1
And in what I read, I thought pp select meant you could bring in 2 guests....
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by evor1
Right, but the Citi Prestige has Priority Pass Select also, but it includes guests for free. So the name itself isn't enough for a comparison.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:37 am

Priority Pass Select just indicates that your PP membership is sponsored by a financial institution (that's what PP told me anyways when I called them one time; I had thought it indicated there were only certain PP lounges you could use).
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:03 am

I logged into my Ultimate Rewards portal and scrolled down to Card benefits and activated the Priority Pass benefit.
It states:
"Your Priority Pass™ Select memberships have already been activated. You and your authorized users can access 900+ VIP airport lounges worldwide with Priority Pass™ Select and enjoy lounge amenities such as WIFI, free snacks, beverages and more with your Priority Pass™ Select membership card."

Says nothing about guests.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:31 am

Tried my level best to get an answer on the PP Select guest question by enrolling on the Chase site. Unfortunately, there's no way to set up an account on the PP site without a membership no, which will no doubt arrive in the mail in several weeks time.

Priority Pass Select is specially designed for customers who receive their membership through a US Financial Institution. Priority Pass Select Members have access to over 900 airport lounges around the world... If your Financial Institution offers Priority Pass as a benefit of your bank account or credit card but you have yet to enrol, please refer to your benefits guide or contact your Financial Institution.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:47 pm

One Mile At A Time blog confirms CSR's Priority Pass Select has guest privileges.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...priority-pass/

He wouldn't publish it if not granted by Chase methinks.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by sppunk
One Mile At A Time blog confirms CSR's Priority Pass Select has guest privileges.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...priority-pass/

He wouldn't publish it if not granted by Chase methinks.

He's just reading too much into an ambiguous statement. We won't know until the Priority Pass letters come.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.