FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1790925-chase-priority-pass-memberships-2016-2022-a.html)

slickvik Aug 22, 2016 9:10 am

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

If I have priority pass with platinum can I cancel the membership and get it through this card instead? How would I go about doing that? The reason is the authorized user perk of this card.

josephstern Aug 22, 2016 9:11 am

Originally Posted by slickvik (Post 27101538)
If I have priority pass with platinum can I cancel the membership and get it through this card instead? How would I go about doing that? The reason is the authorized user perk of this card.

Just have two memberships and keep them straight.

wco81 Aug 22, 2016 10:20 pm

Are the Priority Pass lounges better than the * Alliance lounges and United Clubs?

Are they located past security of airports? I don't recall seeing them but then I never looked for them either.

STS-134 Aug 22, 2016 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by wco81 (Post 27105340)
Are the Priority Pass lounges better than the * Alliance lounges and United Clubs?

Are they located past security of airports? I don't recall seeing them but then I never looked for them either.

For the most part, no. The PP lounge at NRT is the KE lounge, and to be honest, it sucks compared to the NH lounges and even the UA lounges. At HNL, the IASS Hawaii lounge was the worst airport lounge I've ever been to...not even a bite of food in that place.

But then again, PP at PEK gets access to the CA F lounge, while *A gold only gets access to the CA J lounge.

NYCFlyer10001 Aug 22, 2016 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by wco81 (Post 27105340)

You can browse the website at prioritypass.com to see what's available. They aren't great domestically but do exist in some airports/terminals/etc.

NYCFlyer10001 Aug 23, 2016 7:02 am

Originally Posted by blankspace (Post 27106613)
Thank you for passing this information along! I wonder what they do if you already have a CitiPrestige open with the Priority Pass account?

They'll send you another PP card. I currently have 3 of them. :/

bodiddely Aug 23, 2016 7:30 am

For those of you getting a PP account with the CSR and planning to travel soon - you might be able to call Chase and/or Priority Pass and get the necessary information to login to the mobile app (which would let you access most lounges with the digital membership card) soon after activating the benefit. I believe some people have reported success doing that with the Prestige PP benefit before receiving the physical membership card.

evor1 Aug 23, 2016 10:32 am

it says priority pass select. that is the same exact program as amex platinum.

hsmama Aug 23, 2016 10:35 am

Originally Posted by evor1 (Post 27107749)

And in what I read, I thought pp select meant you could bring in 2 guests....

smurov Aug 23, 2016 10:35 am

Originally Posted by evor1 (Post 27107749)

Right, but the Citi Prestige has Priority Pass Select also, but it includes guests for free. So the name itself isn't enough for a comparison.

bodiddely Aug 23, 2016 10:37 am

Priority Pass Select just indicates that your PP membership is sponsored by a financial institution (that's what PP told me anyways when I called them one time; I had thought it indicated there were only certain PP lounges you could use).

tranceformer978 Aug 23, 2016 11:03 am

I logged into my Ultimate Rewards portal and scrolled down to Card benefits and activated the Priority Pass benefit.
It states:
"Your Priority Pass™ Select memberships have already been activated. You and your authorized users can access 900+ VIP airport lounges worldwide with Priority Pass™ Select and enjoy lounge amenities such as WIFI, free snacks, beverages and more with your Priority Pass™ Select membership card."

Says nothing about guests.

Ratamacue Aug 23, 2016 11:31 am

Tried my level best to get an answer on the PP Select guest question by enrolling on the Chase site. Unfortunately, there's no way to set up an account on the PP site without a membership no, which will no doubt arrive in the mail in several weeks time.

Priority Pass Select is specially designed for customers who receive their membership through a US Financial Institution. Priority Pass Select Members have access to over 900 airport lounges around the world... If your Financial Institution offers Priority Pass as a benefit of your bank account or credit card but you have yet to enrol, please refer to your benefits guide or contact your Financial Institution.

sppunk Aug 23, 2016 2:47 pm

One Mile At A Time blog confirms CSR's Priority Pass Select has guest privileges.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...priority-pass/

He wouldn't publish it if not granted by Chase methinks.

penner42 Aug 23, 2016 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by sppunk (Post 27109123)
One Mile At A Time blog confirms CSR's Priority Pass Select has guest privileges.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...priority-pass/

He wouldn't publish it if not granted by Chase methinks.

He's just reading too much into an ambiguous statement. We won't know until the Priority Pass letters come.