Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:24 pm

With the CSR I can only bring in two guests at a time. If I wanted to bring in three people, could I enter with two guests and then leave and check in again with a different guest after a few minutes will Chase consider that a single visit and charge me for the extra guests? Or will I be OK since I'm checking in again? What time frame would be acceptable? Could I do it after 15 minutes?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by MisterBill
With the CSR I can only bring in two guests at a time. If I wanted to bring in three people, could I enter with two guests and then leave and check in again with a different guest after a few minutes will Chase consider that a single visit and charge me for the extra guests? Or will I be OK since I'm checking in again? What time frame would be acceptable? Could I do it after 15 minutes?
I thought same location on the same day would not be allowed.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:18 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
This is why we can't have nice things. Just pay the guest fee.

Originally Posted by RedElmo
Apparently you can check in again every 2 hours, at least at some locations, or at least a Google search for this will turn up a few blog posts (one with a comment from the owner of a PP-eligible restaurant). Whether that's still current I don't know.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak

Apparently you can check in again every 2 hours, at least at some locations, or at least a Google search for this will turn up a few blog posts (one with a comment from the owner of a PP-eligible restaurant). Whether that's still current I don't know.
It is a perfect illustration why card issuers from initially being very generous to become being reasonably accommodating and eventually to not offer such benefit any more...

It is restaurant specific. It seems the restaurant can set its own rules on how many times a card holder can visit during a certain time frame, as well as like in PDX whether the cardholder can visit both restaurants owned by the same company... On top of that, any DPs older than a couple month probably would not be reliable in the current development.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:17 am

With the CSR I can only bring in two guests at a time.
Not true. You can bring in as many guests as the particular lounge permits. With CSR, the first 2 will be free.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
I imagine that they would let you in as a re-entry and charge for the third guest. You can still bring in more than two guests but you will be charged (via CSR) for the extras.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott

I think I like the idea of having a annual limit. 25 visits or something and you can use it all up in one day or spread it out. Cannot have this unlimited stuff because ppl
abuse it.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholder here. I ordered a Priority Pass card online on 7/2 because of the changes to the PP card I have via Amex Platinum (no more airport restaurant/bar credits after 8/1). I wasn't sure that I did it right, so I called Chase. Agent confirmed that the card is on its way -- takes 2-3 weeks. She also was very familiar with the PP changes coming for the Amex-PP cards and told me that her understanding is that Chase will not be following suit (i.e., your PP card via a CSR card will still be good for the restaurant/bar credits going forward).

It's not a big deal to me either way, but it's nice to see we'll still get this benefit via CSR, at least for some time.
Boraxo and Happy like this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Not true. You can bring in as many guests as the particular lounge permits. With CSR, the first 2 will be free.
Yeah, that was what I meant.

I'd be bringing in a couple of cruise friends of ours, in addition to my wife. I'm not interested in paying $27 for the extra person and they probably won't think it's worth paying but it would be nice to have them killing time with us before our flights. Of course if I had a CSR card for my spouse she'd have her own PP card and we'd be able to bring in 4 guests between us, but I have no interest in paying $95 for that.

On our recent flight, other cruise friends had PP lounge access thru their Canadian credit card but only had 4 passes a year so they had chosen not to use it since their flight was earlier than ours. I got friendly with someone in the lounge who had the AMEX Platinum card (he had just graduated West Point -- I did not realize that the card is free for active duty military) and he offered to bring guests in if I wanted since he still gets unlimited guests. Went out for a walk in the terminal and quite by chance ran into them. Their flight had been delayed so I brought them back to the lounge and he got them in.
​​​​​​

Last edited by MisterBill; Jul 13, 2019 at 9:32 pm
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:30 pm

I think I like the idea of having a annual limit. 25 visits or something and you can use it all up in one day or spread it out. Cannot have this unlimited stuff because ppl
abuse it.
Or maybe unlimited access for yourself but a limited number of guest passes. That would certainly work for me.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:57 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... AMEX Platinum card ....still gets unlimited guests. ....
​​​​​​
American Express Platinum's Priority Pass rules are the same as Sapphire Reserve. The lounge sets the maximum number of guests. The credit card offsets the cost for the first two, fee paid by member for excess. (I do not know if American Express absorbs guest expenses for active military cardholders.)
Old Jul 14, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by dhuey
She also was very familiar with the PP changes coming for the Amex-PP cards and told me that her understanding is that Chase will not be following suit (i.e., your PP card via a CSR card will still be good for the restaurant/bar credits going forward).

It's not a big deal to me either way, but it's nice to see we'll still get this benefit via CSR, at least for some time.
Great news. The restaurants are a huge benefit for those of us who travel in USA.

Just don’t abuse the privilege like the Amex cardholders did - taking multiple meals a day to take home etc.
Happy and jamesteroh like this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Great news. The restaurants are a huge benefit for those of us who travel in USA.

Just don’t abuse the privilege like the Amex cardholders did - taking multiple meals a day to take home etc.
Blogger Joe Cortez confirmed this with a Chase spokesperson. And I agree, I hope we don't see this abused. Just because you can do something doesn't mean it's fair for you to do it -- even when you're doing it to a large corporation.
Boraxo, Happy and jamesteroh like this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, that was what I meant.

I'd be bringing in a couple of cruise friends of ours, in addition to my wife. I'm not interested in paying $27 for the extra person and they probably won't think it's worth paying but it would be nice to have them killing time with us before our flights. Of course if I had a CSR card for my spouse she'd have her own PP card and we'd be able to bring in 4 guests between us, but I have no interest in paying $95 for that.

On our recent flight, other cruise friends had PP lounge access thru their Canadian credit card but only had 4 passes a year so they had chosen not to use it since their flight was earlier than ours. I got friendly with someone in the lounge who had the AMEX Platinum card (he had just graduated West Point -- I did not realize that the card is free for active duty military) and he offered to bring guests in if I wanted since he still gets unlimited guests. Went out for a walk in the terminal and quite by chance ran into them. Their flight had been delayed so I brought them back to the lounge and he got them in.
​​​​​​
That is why AMEX Plat has changed the guest limit before it finally drops the restaurant benefit.
AMEX Plat card PP has changed to 2 free guests pretty much the same time Chase stopped paying unlimited guests.

This Airforce officer featured in the Forbes article supposedly to be a good example of being frugal but it probably just shows how he abuses the system and eventually contributes to the elimination of the benefits.

In 24 Hours, This Airforce Officer Snagged Nearly $200 In Free Food With Priority Pass

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexand.../#170b32eb59b8

May be the banks should no longer granted annual fee waiver to military personnel.

I know it may sound harsh, but if you are not willing to shell out for your friends on the extra guest charge, but still want to bring them in "for free" - what is the point? To show of you have better card?

Really, if they are friends of enough meaning to you that you can treat them just like buying a lunch or dinner for good friends, for the additional guest. If you do not value the "friendship" worth enough for the casual bucks, then why even bother, other then to show off?

Last edited by Happy; Jul 14, 2019 at 3:55 pm
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I know it may sound harsh, but if you are not willing to shell out for your friends on the extra guest charge, but still want to bring them in "for free" - what is the point? To show of you have better card?

Really, if they are friends of enough meaning to you that you can treat them just like buying a lunch or dinner for good friends, for the additional guest. If you do not value the "friendship" worth enough for the casual bucks, then why even bother, other then to show off?
It's not a matter of showing off, just that it's nice to let them sit with us in the lounge instead of sitting at the gate. If it's something I can do at no expense to me, then I have no problem doing it. And I guess I'm cheap but I don't feel like paying $27 to bring them in, friends or not.

Originally Posted by Happy
This Airforce officer featured in the Forbes article supposedly to be a good example of being frugal but it probably just shows how he abuses the system and eventually contributes to the elimination of the benefits.In 24 Hours, This Airforce Officer Snagged Nearly $200 In Free Food With Priority Pass
This is a perfect example of someone who should know when to shut up and not brag about stuff.
Boraxo and jamesteroh like this.

Last edited by MisterBill; Jul 14, 2019 at 8:04 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.