Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RaginPlainsman
My card expires the end of September and I got its replacement the last week of August, but YMMV.
Thanks for the info.
Chase SM said it would be between 2 to 4 weeks before expiration. No way to make it available earlier. Hopefully we will see it by last week of Sept or first week of October.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:14 pm
eyi

Priority pass after canceling credit card

Does anyone know if we can still use a priority pass card that’s hasn’t expired yet if I canceled the credit card that gave it to me?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eyi
Does anyone know if we can still use a priority pass card that’s hasn’t expired yet if I canceled the credit card that gave it to me?
The PP will stop working in a day or 2 after your cancellation of the sponsor card. Chase is not stupid. The validity of the card is tied to the validity of the sponsor credit card.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Happy
The PP will stop working in a day or 2 after your cancellation of the sponsor card. Chase is not stupid. The validity of the card is tied to the validity of the sponsor credit card.
And from what I'm told if the person manages to get into the lounge before the card is cancelled chase will just charge the closed credit card and the person will get stuck paying for a lounge visit
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:32 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Recent reports about visits to specific Priority Pass lounges have been moved to the new Airline Lounges forum.

In the Chase forum we should discuss issues that are specific to Priority Pass memberships provided by Chase (e.g. expiration, renewal, replacement cards, guest fees), but the lounges are the same for all Priority Pass members, and should be discussed in the Airport Lounges forum.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
After having the CSR for more than 2 years, I decided to cancel the card about 3 weeks ago. Today I received a PP card in the mail compliments of CSR. What happens if I try to use this card? Is it valid?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by festriaqua
After having the CSR for more than 2 years, I decided to cancel the card about 3 weeks ago. Today I received a PP card in the mail compliments of CSR. What happens if I try to use this card? Is it valid?
Totally valid, for the next three years. Use it as often as you want - free money!

(Real answer: No, it isn't valid after you cancel the credit card that provides the PP benefit.)
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:19 am

It's worth its weight in plastic
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
It may be "valid" for a while but the visits won't be free - unless you have left no way for Chase to find you
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You realize the answers were just in 2 posts after the moderator's post right above yours? Since you can find this not so active thread, sure you can just read the last posts on the thread before posting the same question again?

Specifically your post is No.1161, the latest replies on this question that has been asked gazillion times, are in Post No.1159 and No.1158. just fyi.

The card may still work to let you in but you will be charged the visit fee and Chase would post that to your canceled card... Should you not catch it, and PAY the charge, soon you will find a blemish on your credit report...

While there are plenty of "free lunch" opp exist in the card game, this one definitely ain't it. Though it does not deter many think about the possibility.
Statman and jamesteroh like this.

Last edited by Happy; Oct 3, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:55 pm
mia

Moderator action

Question about alcohol purchases at restaurants which participate in Priority Pass has been moved to the new Airport Lounges forum:

Priority Pass credit include alcohol at restaurants?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Can you use the PP Select card more than once in a single trip to the airport?

Hi,

Can you use the PP Select card more than once in a single trip to the airport? For example, eating dinner at a restaurant (thereby obtaining the $30 meal credit) and then visiting an airline lounge.

Thanks,
Jon
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cautiousjon
Hi,

Can you use the PP Select card more than once in a single trip to the airport? For example, eating dinner at a restaurant (thereby obtaining the $30 meal credit) and then visiting an airline lounge.

Thanks,
Jon
Depends but most of the time it is fine.

Most airports have different establishments are fine to use each one. We did exactly what you ask about at LAX 10 days ago - checked in at T6 for our AS flight then walked to TBIT on airside tunnels / corridor (took 10 to 12 min). We ate lunch at PF Chang then sauntered to nearby KAL/Skyteam lounge to have some fruits and coffee. 20 min before boarding time we walked back to T6. Never take a look of the crummy AS lounge that almost always put out sign to turn PP users away anyway.

We used 2 restaurants at BNE Australia though primarily because we did not like what we had at the first restaurant despite it is right in the center of the concourse where our gate was. We decided to walk a little bit to another restaurant which was far quieter and better foods.

Some airports have establishments owned by the same company would put restrictions on only use one of them, PDX comes to mind based on DPs reported.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:45 am
mia

Discussion here:

Priority Pass Lounge Question [Multiple same-day visits]
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Someone applied (yesterday) and was just approved (today) for the CSR -- her first Chase card. She doesn't currently have a Chase online account.

She wants to get the priority pass access ASAP, to use for an upcoming trip.

Is it true that she has to:

1. Wait for the physical CC to arrive in the mail (to get the CC #)
2. Use the CC # to sign up for a Chase online account, and activate PP
3. Wait for the physical PP card to arrive in the mail (to get the PP #)
4. Download the app and activate the digital card using the PP #

Waiting for 2 things to arrive in the mail, back-to-back, will probably take 3-4 weeks. Is there anything that I'm missing ... can this be expedited somehow?

I did notice that Chase lets you sign up for an online account with an application number. But the application number is nowhere to be found (not emailed, and not displayed during the application process)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.