Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Pete92833
I recently got a Saphire Reserve card. I called Chase and they said they had a special arrangement with PP and all your guests can accompany you into the lounge. Limit shown at the PP site does not apply.
Despite what your Chase rep told you over the phone, some lounges won't let you into the lounge at all during certain times - not you, not your guests, not anyone in the PP program. Your entry, and your guests' entry, to any Priority Pass lounge is at the discretion of the individual lounges, not as a result of a blanket waiver due to Chase's arrangement with PP.

Also, it should be noted, that as of 26 August 2018, Chase's "arrangement" with PP allows you a maximum of two guests per visit. That's it.
Old May 15, 2018, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Pete92833
I recently got a Saphire Reserve card. I called Chase and they said they had a special arrangement with PP and all your guests can accompany you into the lounge. Limit shown at the PP site does not apply.
Chase will pay for an unlimited number of guests (for now, this is changing soon), but the lounge has final authority over how many people are allowed to enter. The limits on the PP website are generally enforced by the lounge.

Walking in and being all DYKWIA over the fact that your PP is from Chase will not help you.
Old May 17, 2018, 1:26 am

If they downgrade the card to just two guests, that would be extremely disappointing for me. One of the main reasons I keep my CSR is for the unlimited guest policy. Not because I use the hell out of it, but because I occasionally travel with a group of 3 other friends or with my family plus one or two additional people from my wife's family. Each of these happens once a year at most, but the CSR has me covered where the Citi Prestige does not.

With this change, it's the question is whether it's worth it for me to keep the CSR. The Citi Prestige will always have a spot in my wallet as long as it has the Fourth Night Free benefit, but I might just downgrade the CSR at this point.

On the other hand, has anyone ever used two separate PP memberships to get in multiple people? If I can use both, then I'm covered for 4 guests or Family Plus 2 guests, which is enough.
Old May 17, 2018, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by baroqen
If they downgrade the card to just two guests, that would be extremely disappointing for me. One of the main reasons I keep my CSR is for the unlimited guest policy. Not because I use the hell out of it, but because I occasionally travel with a group of 3 other friends or with my family plus one or two additional people from my wife's family. Each of these happens once a year at most, but the CSR has me covered where the Citi Prestige does not.

With this change, it's the question is whether it's worth it for me to keep the CSR. The Citi Prestige will always have a spot in my wallet as long as it has the Fourth Night Free benefit, but I might just downgrade the CSR at this point.

On the other hand, has anyone ever used two separate PP memberships to get in multiple people? If I can use both, then I'm covered for 4 guests or Family Plus 2 guests, which is enough.
They should leave it up to the individual lounges to decide. If a lounge is at capacity or it's a peak time I can understand a lounge putting in a restriction of one guest. If it's the lounge at EWR (which is one of the worst lounges I've been in and am thankful there is a skyclub there), someone bringing in 8 guests wouldn't hurt them at all since it's always dead.

I wonder if people are abusing it and that's why Chase has the limits. Seeing a lot of airport have bars/restaurants that give food credits I could see it being abused there.
Old May 17, 2018, 7:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
They should leave it up to the individual lounges to decide. If a lounge is at capacity or it's a peak time I can understand a lounge putting in a restriction of one guest. If it's the lounge at EWR (which is one of the worst lounges I've been in and am thankful there is a skyclub there), someone bringing in 8 guests wouldn't hurt them at all since it's always dead.

I wonder if people are abusing it and that's why Chase has the limits. Seeing a lot of airport have bars/restaurants that give food credits I could see it being abused there.
I think you misinformed on the payment model. The lounge is not being hurt; they get paid per visitor. However they do need to fulfill their other contracts with airlines so PP is in the bottom of the priority even when they get paid by number of visitors.

Wouldn’t make any sense for Chase to leave it for the lounge to decide if Chase is attempting to cut cost.
Old May 18, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by seawolf

I think you misinformed on the payment model. The lounge is not being hurt; they get paid per visitor. However they do need to fulfill their other contracts with airlines so PP is in the bottom of the priority even when they get paid by number of visitors.

Wouldn’t make any sense for Chase to leave it for the lounge to decide if Chase is attempting to cut cost.
Chase is the one putting the restrictions in place system wide. I'm sure the lounges don't care if they are getting the revenue per swipe. Seeing that some bars/restaurants are part of PP and are giving a credit I can see how that could be costly to chase/PP if a family of 8 was at a place like LIM where you can use a $27/per person credit at the one restaurant and why they have restrictions of two people in place.

I also think it makes sense to give priority to contract airline passengers over PP holders. A passenger on an expensive J ticket should be given priority over someone using priority pass.
Statman and strickerj like this.
Old May 18, 2018, 5:25 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
They should leave it up to the individual lounges to decide. ....
This is exactly the way it already works. The lounge decides how many guests a Priority Pass member may bring in, Priority Pass pays the lounge, and Chase decides if that cost will be passed through to the cardholder. Nothing is changing except that soon Chase will only absorb to cost of two guests. You can still invite as many guests as the lounge permits, but you will end up paying for some.
seawolf, Statman and krazykanuck like this.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:06 am

I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that all of the locations that do food credits have a limit in place. I browsed some of the offerings previously and the ones I looked at all had limits.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that all of the locations that do food credits have a limit in place. I browsed some of the offerings previously and the ones I looked at all had limits.
I was looking at one of the restaurants at LIM since that's an airport I frequent and it doesn't say anything as to a limit of number of guests. It does say you are limited to one card which I would take to mean that I couldn't use my cahse PP and my Hilton credit PP for a total of $54, I could only use one card.

Conditions

1. Cardholders can use their lounge visit entitlement to receive USD$27 off the bill. Each USD$27 deduction represents a single lounge visit within the Cardholder’s existing lounge visit allocation for which the Cardholder will, where applicable, be charged. E.g. if a Cardholder registers 1 Guest they will receive USD$54 off their bill which will be charged as 1 Cardholder visit + 1 Guest visit on their account. Only 1 card per visit per Cardholder will be accepted and at point of registration.

Additional Information

2. The USD$27 is valid for the purchase of any meal and/or drinks. To be eligible, Cardholders must present a valid card before placing an order. 3. USD$27 is non-transferable & cannot be exchanged for cash substitute or refund if the final bill is lower than USD$27 per person. 4. Cardholder is responsible for the balance if total final bill exceeds USD$27 per person. Any remaining balance cannot be used towards gratuity.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
It's well known now that Chase made a massive investment in the CSR. The first goal was to get customers in the door. You cannot expect massive business growth with a mediocre product/offer. Second, is to keep them here. Third,.is the long-term focus is to creating a financially sustainable product.

So you evaluate your perks. Which ones are most compelling? You can cut the $300 travel credit, and save a ton, but you may also lose a ton of your clients. Generally, some of the lowest utilized, but "abusable" perks are the quickest to go. There are few people that bring more PP guests than even the new policy allows. The ones that do, were costing Chase a lot of money. This is not a compelling benefit of their business, so it left. Price protection was another. Low utilization, but those who did, would rake in hundreds of dollars, sometimes thousands, gaming the system.
Statman and jamesteroh like this.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Super Mario
It's well known now that Chase made a massive investment in the CSR. The first goal was to get customers in the door. You cannot expect massive business growth with a mediocre product/offer. Second, is to keep them here. Third,.is the long-term focus is to creating a financially sustainable product.

So you evaluate your perks. Which ones are most compelling? You can cut the $300 travel credit, and save a ton, but you may also lose a ton of your clients. Generally, some of the lowest utilized, but "abusable" perks are the quickest to go. There are few people that bring more PP guests than even the new policy allows. The ones that do, were costing Chase a lot of money. This is not a compelling benefit of their business, so it left. Price protection was another. Low utilization, but those who did, would rake in hundreds of dollars, sometimes thousands, gaming the system.
Agree completely, it makes a lot of sense to cut that benefit and I was surprised Chase had such a generous policy anyway seeing Citi and Am Ex doesn't allow unlimited guests. The only time I've brough in more than two guests was at LAS or ATL clubs and that was only three adults but I'm sure not going to cancel my CSR over this change. And if anyone does cancel their card over this they probably wen't very valuable customers to chase anyway.

Now if they cancel the 3% back on dining and travel that would be enough for me to cancel the card.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:21 am

If they downgrade the card to just two guests, that would be extremely disappointing for me.
Chase is the one putting the restrictions in place system wide.
Chase is not limiting guests nor are they introducing any new restrictions. If a particular PP lounge currently permits you to bring in unlimited guests, they still will after 8/26. The only thing changing is how many guest fees Chase will pay for. Prior to 8/26, Chase pays for all of your guests. Beginning 8/26, Chase will pay for up to 2 guests and will bill $27 to your card for each additional guest.
Old May 22, 2018, 8:03 am

I don't put much value in PP at least domestically. The lounges tend to be crowded, sub par, with limited amenities.
Old May 22, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by Brian Chen
I don't put much value in PP at least domestically. The lounges tend to be crowded, sub par, with limited amenities.
True, I only use PP Domestically at the restaurants where they reimburse you on the final tab. Domestically I use AAdmirals Club from a supplementary Citi AA Executive Card belonging to my father (Technically Free) who is the heavy domestic traveller. Now, for international travel, which I do a lot, PP is a beauty. I am almost always travelling with someone else, but that someone else also has a CSR and a PP card, so I almost never guest anyone to the PP Lounges. Basically, I am not affected by the Chase CSR upcoming changes and will keep the card for sure.
Old May 22, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
So I just got an email indicating that Chase Sapphire Reserve card holders can now access digital copy of their PP card in the app. The email gave a link to create a PP account, but I already created a PP account when I first got my CSR, so not sure how to get the digital card to show up.

Edit: So it looks like you have to create a new PP account (based off the same card number) to get the digital card to show up.

Its interesting that the digital card number isn't the same as the physical card number.

Last edited by swiftaw; May 22, 2018 at 10:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.