Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:45 pm

Would be curious to know if you can double up the PP credit if you have PP through different cards ie. CSR and Amex Plat.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by eeflyer
That's what Alaska did with their lounges. I'm not sure why it didn't catch on with other lounges.
They need to put some type of limit on guests. In my view I think just the cardholder should get in and they should just eliminate guests altogether to maintain the quality of the lounges.

I've noticed that lounges are severely overcrowded these days and my guess is it's due to the unlimited guests policy of cards like CSR. I have seen 5-6 people coming in on a single membership. So they let all these people in and then a single traveler like myself or others will be denied entry due to the lounge being full...that does not seem right or fair.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by k374
I've noticed that lounges are severely overcrowded these days and my guess is it's due to the unlimited guests policy of cards like CSR. .
Where? We hear this all the time but I've never seen it myself. The only repeated complaints are for AS lounges at SEA and LAX, which were also impacted by the VX merger and consolidation. The Club @DFW is also a problem but that's been crowded since it opened years ago because it's simply a combination of very small spaces and many airlines.

The only lounges I personally find to be consistently overcrowded are the UA lounges at SFO, IAH, ORD where they have closed facilities in order to rebrand them as Polaris lounges. And UA is not part of PP.
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
They need to put some type of limit on guests. In my view I think just the cardholder should get in and they should just eliminate guests altogether to maintain the quality of the lounges.

I've noticed that lounges are severely overcrowded these days and my guess is it's due to the unlimited guests policy of cards like CSR. I have seen 5-6 people coming in on a single membership. So they let all these people in and then a single traveler like myself or others will be denied entry due to the lounge being full...that does not seem right or fair.
I have noticed the opposite. All lounges around the world I have been to with PP have always been full but not overcrowded and they have never denied me entrance.

Now, last Friday I was flying, for the first time in years, out of EWR Airport and decided to try the PP Lounge there instead of using my Citi AA Executive CC, and to my surprise, I was allowed inside without a problem and enjoyed my meal and drinks while waiting for my flight before going through TSA Pre and passing the Admirals Club (which I did not even use). Who knew, there are sometimes good PP Clubs also in the USA and not only abroad
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:43 pm

I mostly use the Alaska airlines boardroom at LAX so that was my experience. I have personally never been denied entrance but at the boardroom i've noticed that it's much more full now whereas a year ago I consistently found it half empty.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:06 am

They need to put some type of limit on guests...

...I've noticed that lounges are severely overcrowded these days and my guess is it's due to the unlimited guests policy of cards like CSR.
I mostly use the Alaska airlines boardroom at LAX so that was my experience. I have personally never been denied entrance but at the boardroom i've noticed that it's much more full now whereas a year ago I consistently found it half empty.
The Alaska boardroom at LAX limits the number of PP guests to 2. Therefore, the CSR PP guest policy cannot possibly be blamed for the overcrowding there.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Do you have to re-ask for the PP card every year? Mine has an expiry date of 7/31/2018 on it.

Also, if I cancel my CSR in Jan to avoid the AF, is the PP still valid thru 7/31/18?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
Also, if I cancel my CSR in Jan to avoid the AF, is the PP still valid thru 7/31/18?
No. It would stop working immediately after you cancel your CSR.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
[QUOTE=bbriscoe34;28846807]Do you have to re-ask for the PP card every year? Mine has an expiry date of 7/31/2018 on it.

Mine had a 9/30/2017 and I got a new one in the mail today with out asking 9/30/2018.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by alexperi
Can anyone confirm this? It would be really helpful to me since I am traveling and will be back at my home address only after my old card runs out.
Data point on this: I phoned Chase and they were able to send me a new PP card to my address abroad where I am traveling.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: UA MP, DL SkyMiles
Data point on this: I phoned Chase and they were able to send me a new PP card to my address abroad where I am traveling.
Exact same situation...they are re-sending it to my overseas address with rush delivery....
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Lucky! I called multiple times last year and they couldn't deliver to me overseas, said it was a different department and the number they gave me never picked up. I ended up with two cards but all sent to my US address.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
My Ritz PP expires at the end of the month. While I did get the CSR new PP automatically, the new Ritz PP never showed up.

I've called and they promised a new one will be dispatched - which it did, but it was a replacement for the one I have, with the same expiration date.

Another call, another one dispatched - surprise, surprise - a replacement card not a new one, expires at the end of the month.

Just called up again, hopefully, this time around they will manage to get a card that does not expire in 3 days.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by CommentatusMaximus
Lucky! I called multiple times last year..
Lucky? Or has Chase simply gotten better about handling PP issues after a year?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
My Ritz PP expires at the end of the month. While I did get the CSR new PP automatically, the new Ritz PP never showed up.

I've called and they promised a new one will be dispatched - which it did, but it was a replacement for the one I have, with the same expiration date.

Another call, another one dispatched - surprise, surprise - a replacement card not a new one, expires at the end of the month.

Just called up again, hopefully, this time around they will manage to get a card that does not expire in 3 days.
Reasons enough to get some courtesy Marriott Points. Friend lives overseas has similar issues on actual credit cards. Each time the banks foul up he request courtesy points. Worked every time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.