Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Instead of punishing everyone what they should do is limited it to the cardholder or the cardholder +1

Even though the skyclubs are still packed at times, when Delta eliminated free guests and started charging for each guest on the Am Ex swipes a few years ago it really helped with the overcrowding.
That's what Alaska did with their lounges. I'm not sure why it didn't catch on with other lounges.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:22 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by eeflyer
That's what Alaska did with their lounges. I'm not sure why it didn't catch on with other lounges.
Do guests have to leave the lounge when the cardholder leaves?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by NDN
Do guests have to leave the lounge when the cardholder leaves?
No.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:51 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Statman
No.
Then the guest policy is meaningless to me if it allows even +1. I have four PP Select memberships. I can get 4 people in by just going in with the guest, turning around, and getting another guest in with another membership.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by seawolf
I received replacement as well but I think the old cards should be fine as well since the new card has the same number just new expiry and when you check-in, it needs to be authorized by PP anyway.
Can anyone confirm this? It would be really helpful to me since I am traveling and will be back at my home address only after my old card runs out.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Originally Posted by eeflyer
Looks like the PP website hasn't updated yet, but that is still disappointing as it was one of my go-to lounges. It's unfortunate that PP is getting devalued so much at the airports I visit.

However, I can see why this is happening when I see folks trying to bring in groups of 5+. Hopefully the situation gets better if folks start dropping the CSR once their AF hits.
Yeah I think IAD is not very useful for PP if you are flying to Europe. All the flights leave in the same block of time, which is exactly when all the PP lounges restrict entry by PP members. On my last flight to MAD, I think I tried 3 different lounges, all which had time restrictions so they were not accepting PP members at the time.

So I ended up at the UA lounge as *G only because it was close to my gate. (Yes, I could have tried to get into the TK lounge with *G.. but who wants an overcrowded lounge anyway, despite the better food?).
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by jfidler
Yeah I think IAD is not very useful for PP if you are flying to Europe. All the flights leave in the same block of time, which is exactly when all the PP lounges restrict entry by PP members. On my last flight to MAD, I think I tried 3 different lounges, all which had time restrictions so they were not accepting PP members at the time.

So I ended up at the UA lounge as *G only because it was close to my gate. (Yes, I could have tried to get into the TK lounge with *G.. but who wants an overcrowded lounge anyway, despite the better food?).
Yeah that's the main issue there. Unfortunately I only just made UA silver, so no *A lounge access for me
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:05 pm

In the PP app, some of the lounges have an x hour limit... How would they even enforce something like that? I can't imagine anyone being that good with faces.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by alexperi
Can anyone confirm this? It would be really helpful to me since I am traveling and will be back at my home address only after my old card runs out.
I can confirm to have seen the opposite last week.

One of the lounges at IST rejected the guy in front of me because his card listed an expiration date of 31 August. He said the membership was valid and the terminal would show that, but the "lounge dragon" refused to run it at all. They have the standard electronic terminal that almost every PP lounge uses, but they wouldn't even try.

I brought a guest

(oh, and to add a data point, my new PP card showed up today.)
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Wow, considering almost every Premium Card in the USA gives you Unlimited Entry Priority Pass, it is amazing to see that people are still wanting free lounge access (sometimes with all the family) inside the United States airports. I do hold a Priority Pass Membership through Chase and it has been amazing outside the USA. Last couple of lounges I visited and ate and drink where in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Vietnam, London Heathrow Arrivals, Mexico City and I can keep going and going. I was never asked to leave after an X amount of time and was always greeted and welcomed. I do love my PP Membership.

Now, for the US, I love my Citi Executive Card, which allows me even to eat some delicious guacamole even at MCO and LAX commuter terminal. But NO, PP is not a membership for United States Airport Lounges, as this is the only country that does not work in similar ways to the rest of the world. Ohhh, and everyone (at least in Flyertalk) has a PP Membership
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by carlitos
Wow, considering almost every Premium Card in the USA gives you Unlimited Entry Priority Pass, it is amazing to see that people are still wanting free lounge access (sometimes with all the family) inside the United States airports. I do hold a Priority Pass Membership through Chase and it has been amazing outside the USA. Last couple of lounges I visited and ate and drink where in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Vietnam, London Heathrow Arrivals, Mexico City and I can keep going and going. I was never asked to leave after an X amount of time and was always greeted and welcomed. I do love my PP Membership.

Now, for the US, I love my Citi Executive Card, which allows me even to eat some delicious guacamole even at MCO and LAX commuter terminal. But NO, PP is not a membership for United States Airport Lounges, as this is the only country that does not work in similar ways to the rest of the world. Ohhh, and everyone (at least in Flyertalk) has a PP Membership
In all honesty I'm glad Delta isn't a PP member and wish they would join United and American and not accept Am Ex Plat swipes and would only accept members and their own affinity premium credit card swipes. The place is a zoo as it is and is hard to find seats during peak times some days even though they no longer allow membership and credit card holders to bring in guests.

I wish there were more PP lounges in the US though like the Club at Vegas and ATL. I know they are nothing like the Virgin lounge at LHR but it is nice to have a place to wait on your flight at airports where your airline doesn't have a club. In fact sometimes I'll use the Club at the F concourse at Atlanta just because they have comped Kahlua and a white russian is my drink of choice.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I wish there were more PP lounges in the US though like the Club at Vegas and ATL. I know they are nothing like the Virgin lounge at LHR but it is nice to have a place to wait on your flight at airports where your airline doesn't have a club. In fact sometimes I'll use the Club at the F concourse at Atlanta just because they have comped Kahlua and a white russian is my drink of choice.
The food and bev @The Club at ATL is way better than what you find at the DL lounge across the hall ^
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Boraxo
The food and bev @The Club at ATL is way better than what you find at the DL lounge across the hall ^
I like the alcohol better at the Club, but like the hot food choices at the skyclub better. I love the Skydeck at the F skyclub.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Some real value can be had when visiting areas less frequented by Americans (so fewer PP holders and less crowding). I thought the lounge at RIX was very tranquil and tasty, all things considered
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:41 am

I was finally successful in getting in a lounge in IAH today. There is at least one crew member in here from Skywest and it seems the heathens from the United club have generally infected the place. This is not a benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.