Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Happy
You mean you are using an AS award on QF, presumably in coach?
Not quite. I flew QF in coach on a $759 fare. No lounge access or upgrades in play when you credit the miles to Alaska.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL GM
If I have an AA domestic flight at LAX terminal 4 which is connected to TBIT, can I walk over and use the KAL lounge when it opens despite flying domestic only?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 2:28 pm

Escape Lounges To Leave Priority Pass Program On June 14th
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by idiosyncrasy
If I have an AA domestic flight at LAX terminal 4 which is connected to TBIT, can I walk over and use the KAL lounge when it opens despite flying domestic only?
Should be fine provided KLM does not invoke the "capacity control" clause and deny entry with PP card as it is reported that it has already done so recently. PP entry has nothing to do on which airline you fly and where you fly.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tom911
Not quite. I flew QF in coach on a $759 fare. No lounge access or upgrades in play when you credit the miles to Alaska.
Got it. Because the FF number on your QF flight is AS, not AA so no Oneworld Emerald benefit.

I assume you still earn full distance flown when crediting to AS, versus peanuts if crediting to AA.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I assume you still earn full distance flown when crediting to AS, versus peanuts if crediting to AA.
100% miles plus 125% elite bonus miles with Alaska. Clearly a big incentive to credit to them - almost 35,000 miles.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:10 pm

A question about PP for AU who does not have a SSN.

Does a CSR AU *automatically* receive a PP, or do you have to activate the PP benefit online?

The reason I'm asking is that I want to add a family member to my CSR who does not have a SSN. My main reason for adding them is to get the PP for them. I know Chase will allow me to add them without a SSN, but I *may* not be able to set-up an online account for them without a SSN? So, if the PP card shows up automatically I'm good, but if they have to apply for the benefit online I might not be able to do it.

Anyone else dealt with this particular situation?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by travelontherun
A question about PP for AU who does not have a SSN.

Does a CSR AU *automatically* receive a PP, or do you have to activate the PP benefit online?

The reason I'm asking is that I want to add a family member to my CSR who does not have a SSN. My main reason for adding them is to get the PP for them. I know Chase will allow me to add them without a SSN, but I *may* not be able to set-up an online account for them without a SSN? So, if the PP card shows up automatically I'm good, but if they have to apply for the benefit online I might not be able to do it.

Anyone else dealt with this particular situation?
I don't think Chase has any way to give AUs an online account; from what I saw poking around online it's really only Amex who does that. I've added my overseas sister as an AU on first my CSP and then my Sapphire Reserve by calling in. When I did the Reserve I just checked verbally with the rep and he assured me the Priority Pass would go out within a couple weeks, and it did. (Although it was delivered to my address instead of hers, unlike the credit card....grr.)
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:10 pm

I got my CSR card about 6 months ago but just activated the PP membership. Is the PP membership for a full year or is it tied to my CSR account? Basically, if I cancel my card membership, does the PP membership stay intact until the expiration date on the card (I assume there's an expiration date on it)?

Also, can I bring a non-AU guest with me to the EWR or AMS lounges?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:12 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MisterBill
...I cancel my card membership, does the PP membership stay intact?
No, the membership ends when you cancel the sponsoring credit card.

What does prioritypass.com show as the guest policy of the lounges you plan to use?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by mia
No, the membership ends when you cancel the sponsoring credit card.

What does prioritypass.com show as the guest policy of the lounges you plan to use?
I don't see anything about guest policies. Maybe it would show more details if I were an active member and logged in?

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...R7-Art--Lounge

If guests are not allowed, then it won't be of value to me anyway since my wife isn't an AU. If guests are allowed, then we're traveling on both flights with a couple who also have CSR with an AU, so we'd be able to get in with them.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't see anything about guest policies. Maybe it would show more details if I were an active member and logged in?

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...R7-Art--Lounge

If guests are not allowed, then it won't be of value to me anyway since my wife isn't an AU. If guests are allowed, then we're traveling on both flights with a couple who also have CSR with an AU, so we'd be able to get in with them.
There is no log in to the Priority site as you are not individually "join" (or buy) the membership.

Chase Priority Pass allows UNLIMITED number of guests UP TO the number of guests allowed by the lounge you want to access. The guest has nothing to do with being an AU of your CSR card. You could guest someone you just met at the airport. In fact, there were quite some new cardholders did just that to show off - on Reddit there were reports some brought in 8 guests, some brought in people he just met at the walkway to the airport ...
Probably due to such behavior, and the surge of PP card holders thanks to the CSR, many domestic PP lounges have now limited / denied entry to PP card holders, citing "capacity control" which is allowed in the lounge contract with PP.

The issue is not "guest not allowed". It is PP cardholder is denied entry due to "capacity control".

Virtually all AS boardrooms in all airports now denied PP entry most of the time. There is a thread in the AS forum reporting the ongoing saga. AF and KLM lounges at IAH and JFK have been reported denying PP entry, and a few others I could not remember now.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 4, 2017 at 11:08 pm
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:33 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I don't see anything about guest policies..
There isn't anything noted for either of the lounges at EWR, but at AMS there is a note of their peak hours during which Priority Pass members may not be admitted. Admission policy, including guests, is established by the individual lounges, not by Priority Pass or Chase:

Due to peak seasonal activity it is this lounge will see an increase in the number of guests. Therefore, access may be periodically restricted due to space constraints, in particular during the hours of 16.30 - 20:00 from Wednesday - Friday.
Due to peak seasonal activity it is expected this lounge will see an increase in the number of guests. Therefore, access may be periodically restricted due to space constraints, in particular during the hours of 09.00 - 11.00 daily.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by mia
There isn't anything noted for either of the lounges at EWR, but at AMS there is a note of their peak hours during which Priority Pass members may not be admitted. Admission policy, including guests, is established by the individual lounges, not by Priority Pass or Chase:
Thanks, I noticed the AMS time constraints. Our flight is around 3pm so we'll be gone by 4:30pm. Probably won't get to the airport until 10am or so (coming from a cruise).
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo
I don't think Chase has any way to give AUs an online account; from what I saw poking around online it's really only Amex who does that. I've added my overseas sister as an AU on first my CSP and then my Sapphire Reserve by calling in. When I did the Reserve I just checked verbally with the rep and he assured me the Priority Pass would go out within a couple weeks, and it did. (Although it was delivered to my address instead of hers, unlike the credit card....grr.)
Thanks so much! Thats super helpful! When I added my overseas sister as an AU on my Freedom Unlimited card it did prompt me to set-up an online account (which I wasn't able to do), but if I can get the PP for an AU on CSR without setting up online that's perfect! I'll do it via the phone as you did. Thank you so much!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.