Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by mia
American Express Platinum's Priority Pass rules are the same as Sapphire Reserve. The lounge sets the maximum number of guests. The credit card offsets the cost for the first two, fee paid by member for excess. (I do not know if American Express absorbs guest expenses for active military cardholders.)
I did not know that. But he hadn't brought anyone in with him, so these two people were his only guests for the day. And I thought he said that he could bring in unlimited guests.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MisterBill
... And I thought he said that he could bring in unlimited guests.
It wouldn't be the first or last time somebody didn't know the benefits of their credit card correctly.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are there any known issues with signing up for the digital card? I just got my card and went to the link to sign up for digital. I got in and entered my card number and it showed me correctly on the next page. When I put in my email and password it gave me a pinwheel for a while, and then just went back to the data entry page without giving any confirmation of anything. I tried other browsers and now I just get "an unknown error occurred" on the first page. I also tried logging in from the app to see if it created an account and didn't tell me anything, but it doesn't let me log in.

(ETA: it did eventually send me a confirmation email about a half hour after I posted, but there was nothing on the signup that indicated anything had gone through. Problem solved.)

Last edited by chrisl137; Jul 19, 2019 at 7:23 pm
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:51 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Amex Centurion can bring in unlimited guests for free. I've done 9 once with a work group when we were stuck in China. No charge.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Best use of PP yet: the UIO VIP lounge is extremely, extremely nice. Highly recommend.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by MisterBill
It's not a matter of showing off, just that it's nice to let them sit with us in the lounge instead of sitting at the gate. If it's something I can do at no expense to me, then I have no problem doing it. And I guess I'm cheap but I don't feel like paying $27 to bring them in, friends or not.
Agreed. I use PP maybe 2-3x a year to bring my family into a lounge for free. If I could not do that I would simply not use the lounge as I'm not going to leave my kids or in-laws to sit in the terminal while I'm enjoying the lounge. If limits are necessary (to prevent the few abusers) I would much prefer an annual limit for guests rather than a per visit limit.

I also use PP for business travel and on occasion have brought a colleague into the lounge (when traveling on the same itinerary). Again I would simply forego the lounge rather than pay a guest fee - the experience is generally not worth $27 for an hour or less.

Thus, PP would be hugely devalued to me if I could not occasionally bring a few guests. That's one reason I plan to keep the CNB Crystal card as it is one of the few that still permits unlimited guests.
MisterBill likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:44 pm

I haven't done this in a while, but does anyone remember how to enroll/activate the pp for the ritz? Tried to do a search, but nothing is coming up. Thank you.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
I haven't done this in a while, but does anyone remember how to enroll/activate the pp for the ritz? Tried to do a search, but nothing is coming up. Thank you.
Look in the Ritz thread. Send Chase a PM.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I just signed up (via chase). Is there any way to use the benefit before the physical card arrives?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Agreed. I use PP maybe 2-3x a year to bring my family into a lounge for free. If I could not do that I would simply not use the lounge as I'm not going to leave my kids or in-laws to sit in the terminal while I'm enjoying the lounge. If limits are necessary (to prevent the few abusers) I would much prefer an annual limit for guests rather than a per visit limit.

I also use PP for business travel and on occasion have brought a colleague into the lounge (when traveling on the same itinerary). Again I would simply forego the lounge rather than pay a guest fee - the experience is generally not worth $27 for an hour or less.

Thus, PP would be hugely devalued to me if I could not occasionally bring a few guests. That's one reason I plan to keep the CNB Crystal card as it is one of the few that still permits unlimited guests.
Agreed on the value to guest my family into the lounge with PP via RC card. Since OW Sapphires can only bring in +1 when in Y, having PP supplements my Admirals Club access well at many of the OW hubs I transit through internationally (e.g. LHR, MAD, HKG, NRT).
Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
For other newbies like me. I signed up for PP. Chase said they were able to give me my membership number 4 business days after signing up and I was able to get my number on that 4th business day. However, they said it takes up to 6 business days for the number to activate. I tried to register a digital membership card and it failed as expected. However, I was traveling that day at the A lounge at SEA. I was able to give my membership number to the lounge entree person, and enter the lounge.

As for the lounge itself, it was better than I thought. 9:30am on a tuesday, maybe 1/3 full. I thought all food would be pre-packaged, per an older review, but they had Hot Oatmeal, (previously frozen egg cheese omlet), bagel, english muffins, fruit, pastries, premade-crepes. Getting close to noon, they brought out mac+cheese, chicken noodle soup, egg/chicken salad sandwich and some mexican bean/corn wrap. Plus the salad, cookies, brownies, etc. The atmosphere rapidly went downhill as it went to about 80% full with people using facetime in speaker mode and crying babies..

At IAH, I tried Landry's seafood restaurant but they said I had to have the card. I took a stroll to the klm lounge in D and was able to get in with just my number

Last edited by eng3; Aug 6, 2019 at 6:40 pm
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by eng3
For other newbies like me. I signed up for PP. Chase said they were able to give me my membership number 4 business days after signing up and I was able to get my number on that 4th business day. However, they said it takes up to 6 business days for the number to activate. I tried to register a digital membership card and it failed as expected. However, I was traveling that day at the A lounge at SEA. I was able to give my membership number to the lounge entree person, and enter the lounge.
I'm surprised that CSR customer service wasn't able to get it for you sooner. I had to call them to get the membership activated because their system still thought I had a card from a previous CSR that I had cancelled, but once I spoke to the correct person, I was able to get my PP card within a couple of days (I was traveling soon so I asked to have it expedited).
Old Aug 11, 2019, 5:23 pm

Maybe because this is my first PP? I don't know.
That day, I just had the number and was able to use two lounges but not a restaurant.
The day after, I was able to get a digital card. I still dont have the physical card.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by eng3
Maybe because this is my first PP? I don't know.
That day, I just had the number and was able to use two lounges but not a restaurant.
The day after, I was able to get a digital card. I still dont have the physical card.
So you’re saying that after they gave you the number you had to wait 6 days to register it for the online pass? I’m now into the third week after I activated and no physical card in the mail. Going to Europe in 8 days and not too hopeful the card will arrive in time.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:58 am

When I received my CSR card in the mail, I requested the PP that day. (I didnt realize I prob could have done that it earlier). In the next 4 bus days, I tried to ask PP to expedite it but they said they could not. Chase at first said they could not but in their second message, they said to call chase and I could get my PP membership number. I called, got the number and expiration. They TOLD me that I had to wait 6 days to register it. I was able to use this to enter two lounges but not use a restaurant same day. The NEXT day (5th bus day), I was able to register my number in the app and get the digital card.

It has been two weeks and I have not received my physical card either. Chase says that I will receive it within 3 weeks (which is exactly when I'll be going to europe).
tomthird likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.