Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by alggag
Yeah, I've been wanting a guest limit for a while. Besides lounge crowding issues I get irritated when I hear stories of people guesting in like 20 people just because they can. Abuse like that is just asking to get it shut down.

agreed. I hate abusers. Limits are good in this case.
Statman and osotoc like this.
Old May 5, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by alggag
Yeah, I've been wanting a guest limit for a while. Besides lounge crowding issues I get irritated when I hear stories of people guesting in like 20 people just because they can. Abuse like that is just asking to get it shut down.
After the rule change, I'm looking forward to the post from someone who takes in "20 people just because they can" and incurs a $500+ charge on the CSR because they didn't realize the limits had been imposed. You know it's coming.
bigbuy, Statman, alggag and 2 others like this.
Old May 6, 2018, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Not great for a family of 4 but I can live with it. Or just get Mrs. B an AU card. We mostly use UA clubs so this will not be a big deal except on our annual trip to SJD.

Overall I expect this will have little effect on the lounge overcrowding, particularly at AS where the influx of VX flyers is more to blame. Most of the people I see in lounges are traveling in pairs - the 20+ scenario is pretty rare. So those looking for lower crowds are gonna be disappointed.
Old May 6, 2018, 5:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Not great for a family of 4 .....
Citi Prestige is superior in this circumstance:

Relax and unwind with Priority Pass™ Select lounges around the world. You and your authorized users will have access to hundreds of VIP lounges through Priority Pass™ Select- no need to enroll. Immediate family or up to two guests traveling with you can also access the lounge.
immediate family members (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18 years of age). Any additional guests will be charged a $27 per guest, per visit charge
Old May 6, 2018, 7:24 am

Is it just me are priority pass lounges really budget and undesirable. I’ve been to five of them and the seating looks worse than seating at the gate and food is pretty sub par.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Brian Chen
Is it just me are priority pass lounges really budget and undesirable. I’ve been to five of them and the seating looks worse than seating at the gate and food is pretty sub par.
Domestically, sure. Some of the international lounges are excellent. Not as good as the best of the best, but almost all of them are better than parking at the gate.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
Citi Prestige is superior in this circumstance:
How do they know the difference between "immediate family" and guests in general? Because I believe PP lounges just register the number of users, so if you have you, your spouse and two kids, so 4 people, how does Citi/PP know the difference between that which should have no additional fees, vs. if you brought in 3 adults, which would be a $27 fee?

​​​​​
Old May 6, 2018, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Not great for a family of 4 but I can live with it. Or just get Mrs. B an AU card. We mostly use UA clubs so this will not be a big deal except on our annual trip to SJD.
AU card costs $75; it may be prudent to pay for one day pass.
Old May 6, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
How do they know the difference between "immediate family" and guests in general? Because I believe PP lounges just register the number of users, so if you have you, your spouse and two kids, so 4 people, how does Citi/PP know the difference between that which should have no additional fees, vs. if you brought in 3 adults, which would be a $27 fee?

​​​​​
Several of the PP lounges that I've frequented (international) have asked for boarding passes - mine and guest.
Old May 6, 2018, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Several of the PP lounges that I've frequented (international) have asked for boarding passes - mine and guest.
I thought that was the requirement for entry into every lounge?

Anyway, my guess is that lounges can put in the number of adults and children and Citi only counts the former for fee purposes but I could be wrong on that.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:59 pm

Is baby under 2 yrs old counts as 1 guest? So when I go in with my wife, baby and mother, I am wondering if that is 3 guests instead of 2? I guess mybaby can wait outside... J/K
Old May 7, 2018, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Boarding passes don't say whether you are related.
Old May 10, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Its just registering once a year. It’s fine.
In the grand scheme of things, we're not saving babies here. But this is not the correct user experience. I value Priority Pass enough as a business, and don't mind registering my card each time. However, the problem is that you cannot reuse any email address that has been previously registered and the error messages clearly show that there's a glitch. I do not wish to change email addresses every year for the sake of one business, and I'm sure their IT department would agree that this is not how the system is intended to function.
Boraxo and strickerj like this.

Last edited by bryanb; May 10, 2018 at 12:58 pm Reason: Clarification
Old May 15, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: United, AA, Delta, SW
Your Guests welcome with PP card from Chase

Originally Posted by tranceformer978
I logged into my Ultimate Rewards portal and scrolled down to Card benefits and activated the Priority Pass benefit.
It states:
"Your Priority Pass™ Select memberships have already been activated. You and your authorized users can access 900+ VIP airport lounges worldwide with Priority Pass™ Select and enjoy lounge amenities such as WIFI, free snacks, beverages and more with your Priority Pass™ Select membership card."

Says nothing about guests.
I recently got a Saphire Reserve card. I called Chase and they said they had a special arrangement with PP and all your guests can accompany you into the lounge. Limit shown at the PP site does not apply.
Old May 15, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: United, AA, Delta, SW
Just got back from Rome, and the PP Lounge (also used by Norwegian) at FCO was really sub-par. Besides two ladies on the front desk, there was just one person working inside, and virtually everything was out of stock - even ice. He was trying, and even though it was not crowded, he could not keep up with the demands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.