Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Old Sep 4, 2016, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by chix
It is a select membership with PP. you we entitled to bring in guests for free. READ THIS thread... Someone posted the welcome letter a few pages back.
Select only means the pass was courtesy of a credit card company. There are Priority Pass Select cards such as the Amex Hilton Surpass that charge $27 for everyone including the holder of the Amex card itself.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by chix
It is a select membership with PP. you we entitled to bring in guests for free. READ THIS thread... Someone posted the welcome letter a few pages back.
I don't remember reading anything definitive about free in the welcome letter you're referring to. Perhaps I need to read that again.

OK I re-read it and it states, "You and your accompanying guests may visit participating lounges as often as you wish during your membership year"

I can also use the Priority Pass Select Membership that came with my Amex Hilton Surpass under these exact same terms. However that version will incur a $27 charge for me and a $27 charge for my guests as often as I wish during my membership year.

Last edited by Ed Janowsky; Sep 4, 2016 at 9:35 am
Old Sep 4, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Okay - thanks for that link. I missed that one. I would now raise the chances of accuracy closer to 99% - LOL!

Not saying that support staff have not made a mistake before, but looking forward to some real life experiences since Chase left their letter open to interpretation. - LOL!
From CSR user guide and previous post:

COMPLIMENTARY AIRPORT LOUNGE ACCESS

Rest and revive before your flight at one of 900+ VIP lounges in over 400 cities worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass Select, available to cardmembers including authorized users. Once a member, you and your travel companions can enjoy complimentary lounge access along with amenities, like Wi-Fi, free snacks, beverages, phone, fax, conference room sand more.

To activate your membership, visit: chase.com/reserve
Old Sep 4, 2016, 7:30 pm

I found it strange that my PP card issued through Chase has an expiration date in 2017. My other PP cards (through Citi Prestige and AMEX Platinum) expire in 2-3 years. I'm not sure if this means Chase is trying out the partnership with Priority Pass by seeing what happens in one year or if their contract renewal is on a yearly basis.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 7:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by steve4
I found it strange that my PP card issued through Chase has an expiration date in 2017. My other PP cards (through Citi Prestige and AMEX Platinum) expire in 2-3 years. I'm not sure if this means Chase is trying out the partnership with Priority Pass by seeing what happens in one year or if their contract renewal is on a yearly basis.
The one from the Ritz Card came with a 2018 expiration date.

(That should provide some fuel to the "CSR card will be devalued" folks in the Demise of the Amex thread.)
Old Sep 4, 2016, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by steve4
WOuldn't surprise me if they eliminated this benefit after the first year or two.

Same thing with the GE credit. I won't be able to use that until 2018.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by elonepb
OK great thanks, then I won't need AU 2 since my wife and I only travel together and she eye rolls at the idea of lounges anyway
Do note that some Priority Pass lounges do not allow guests as a matter of lounge policy. For example, the Avianca lounge at SJU is one of them: https://loungereview.com/lounges/avi...al-lounge-sju/
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by STS-134
Do note that some Priority Pass lounges do not allow guests as a matter of lounge policy. For example, the Avianca lounge at SJU is one of them: https://loungereview.com/lounges/avi...al-lounge-sju/
Well, PP's website for the lounge says
Conditions
Children under 12 years are admitted free - Dress code applicable (shirts and shoes required for entry) - Non-smoking.
Loopholes man(<12yr) . Doesn't explicitly say no guests?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:10 pm

Question about Priority Pass. Today I finally went in and activated my membership. I didn't get any email or anything about how to use.

Do I get something in the mail in a week or two confirming my enrollment? I have a flight next Tuesday I'd like to use the PP on ....
Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sppunk
Question about Priority Pass. Today I finally went in and activated my membership. I didn't get any email or anything about how to use.

Do I get something in the mail in a week or two confirming my enrollment? I have a flight next Tuesday I'd like to use the PP on ....
PP will send you a card and letter with a PIN. You need the PIN to register the card/number/digital card and use the app. You may be able to get them to give you the PP number and pin over the phone once you have your full cc #. I'm not sure about that. Maybe someone else can shed light? In my experience (with two other PP accounts), it took several weeks to get the PP card.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:27 am

Have there been any data points on how long it takes to receive the priority pass in the mail? I requested mine on August 23rd and haven't received the card yet. (there was also an address issue with my card when it was first sent so I am asking to see if I should request a replacement priority pass card)
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by madbrain
How did you get 2 cards in your name ? Are they the same number ? Usually, if you request a new card, the bank will cancel the old number and issue a new number, invalidating the old one. So you cannot really use both cards even if you are in possession of both. Also, I don't know about where you live, but I get asked for ID for almost every purchase. If your SO is using your second card, but the ID doesn't match, the merchant could report your card stolen and cause some trouble for your SO. I don't think you really want to do that.
Also, if you want to use the Priority Pass benefit, they will definitely ask for an ID.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Kayakj
Have there been any data points on how long it takes to receive the priority pass in the mail? I requested mine on August 23rd and haven't received the card yet. (there was also an address issue with my card when it was first sent so I am asking to see if I should request a replacement priority pass card)
I requested my PP card early afternoon of 22nd, so I like to think I was one of the first people to do so; still nothing. Hoping I get it here soon.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:37 am

I don't have the ability to edit the wiki, but I think it would be worth adding the following:

Priority Pass Select
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.

Duplicate Card (in lieu of AU card)
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM to request plastic card for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint.
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
Old Sep 8, 2016, 3:49 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Jelly of the month club
Got my Priority Pass Select pack today - very pleased to see it states "You and your accompanying guests may visit participating lounges as often as you wish during your membership year.". It does have a footnote with the usual "Access and length of stay may be restricted due to space constraints".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.