Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by steve4
I heard CSR has Priority Pass with free guesting privileges. This would be the clincher for me to keep the card for year 2 and beyond provided nothing else changes. I'm likely going to cancel Prestige in a month or so before the annual fee hits since I already used the annual airline credit unless I get a nice retention bonus.
For those of you so happy with the Priority Pass with guests, how often do you think you will be able to use this benefit? They don't seem to have a lot of lounges in the US.

For now, I'm mostly flying DL and have the Amex Plat, so that assures me Skyclub access, and since I'm platinum medallion with DL I can access partner lounges overseas (and the nice Virgin lounge @ JFK when connecting there going to LHR).

Anyway, not trying to turn this thread into a CSR vs. Amex Plat thing, just wondering about the true usefulness of the PP benefit on the CSR, while I ponder whether I should get it or not.

For me, the main attractions are the $300 credit and the 100K UR points bonus.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by NYCFlyer10001
All the Chase reps are clear that it's the same PP access as the Ritz, which did include free guests up to the limit the lounge imposes. The collateral that comes with the card says that too ("you and your traveling companions enjoy complimentary access").
I see this on my Chase site:
Your Priority Pass Select memberships have already been activated. You and your authorized users can access 900+ VIP airport lounges worldwide with Priority Pass Select and enjoy lounge amenities such as WIFI, free snacks, beverages and more with your Priority Pass Select membership card.

So if you pay $75 and get an AU card that person "should" get in for free too. I'm doubting that you'll be able to get others in for free. Time will tell.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by philemer
I see this on my Chase site:
Your Priority Pass Select memberships have already been activated. You and your authorized users can access 900+ VIP airport lounges worldwide with Priority Pass Select and enjoy lounge amenities such as WIFI, free snacks, beverages and more with your Priority Pass Select membership card.

So if you pay $75 and get an AU card that person "should" get in for free too. I'm doubting that you'll be able to get others in for free. Time will tell.
Yea it's really all up in the air.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
For those of you so happy with the Priority Pass with guests, how often do you think you will be able to use this benefit? They don't seem to have a lot of lounges in the US.

For now, I'm mostly flying DL and have the Amex Plat, so that assures me Skyclub access, and since I'm platinum medallion with DL I can access partner lounges overseas (and the nice Virgin lounge @ JFK when connecting there going to LHR).

Anyway, not trying to turn this thread into a CSR vs. Amex Plat thing, just wondering about the true usefulness of the PP benefit on the CSR, while I ponder whether I should get it or not.

For me, the main attractions are the $300 credit and the 100K UR points bonus.
For me it's about guests under 15. Amex doesn't grant AU cards to kids under 15 and so if we want to use a lounge, we have to pay for them at DL SC or PP if we have only Amex Plat. I've really appreciated Citi guesting at PP lounges for my kids. Used in SJO, CUN, LHR, MBJ, MCO 2x, NCE just this year alone. That's $189 savings. And while not all the clubs were great, they are helpful with kids bc I can let 13 year old have some freedom. Get drinks and snacks. Sometimes play video games etc. With even one use of the hotel 4th night free, I more than break even. So I'll keep Prestige regardless. I got $1400 out of the hotel benefit in the last 4 months alone and just for two stays. Totally worth it.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
It's on Reddit, and at least 4 bloggers stated they have confirmed this. Some say on the same itinerary others say 1 guest and still others say more than 1?
So I'm going to Chase Bank today to apply for it if it's for at least 2. Otherwise I have a offer from Amex for 75K until 9/30 for the Platinum Card.
I am going to wait for someone to post the letter that they received with their Priority Pass.

Those Reddit "confirmations" seem to be from people who spoke to a customer service rep.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:41 pm

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but I called Priority Pass and they said that there will be no digital membership option if you get access through this card - you have to wait until you get the physical card from Chase. They also said I'd be unable to use the PP app and the QR code once you receive the physical card.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by sjackson12
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but I called Priority Pass and they said that there will be no digital membership option if you get access through this card - you have to wait until you get the physical card from Chase. They also said I'd be unable to use the PP app and the QR code once you receive the physical card.
That's really strange, not being able to use the digital membership. Oh, well. Any word how long the physical PP card ships after activation?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Someone on reddit said that CSR called Priority Pass who said that each guest costs $27. Nobody will really know until we have real data points.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

I was told it is up to the discretion of the lounge, Chase itself does not put any limitation
Oh ok. Those rules are on the priority pass website, when you look up a particular lounge.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:52 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by slickvik
The question everyone has is will guests be free?
I was told it is up to the discretion of the lounge, Chase itself does not put any limitation
There are two separate questions: access and cost.
  1. The lounge decides how many guests may accompany you. They know NOTHING about the details of your Priority Pass membership. The attendant cannot tell you if you will be charged (if anything is said it is a guess.) The lounge reports the number of visitors to Priority Pass, and the lounge is paid by Priority Pass. You never pay the lounge directly.
  2. The agreement between Chase and Priority Pass determines when, and how much, you are charged.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by slickvik
Someone on reddit said that CSR called Priority Pass who said that each guest costs $27. Nobody will really know until we have real data points.
People have received their CSR cards, but not a single person has said that they have received their priority pass card which is going to state specifically whether guests are allowed for free (like Citi Prestige) or if each guest will have to pay a $27 fee (like AmEx Plat).

A front line customer service rep or their PR group who is running the Twitter account is not going to be able to definitely state the policy so until someone posts a picture of the priority pass welcome letter, then everything is just speculation and conjecture.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:46 pm

Chase Ritz or Chase C Reserve about the lounge? Both are priority pass and both offer access to your travel members? Exactly same lounges and same benefit?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I currently have lounge access through my Diners Club card and I've been trying to see what the differences are between CSR's Priority Pass and DC's lounges. So far it looks like the former has more lounges but they both have a fair amount of overlap. CSR also has free unlimited guest access (at least according to Chase's CS) while DC seems to universally charge extra for guests. Are there any other differences that I missed?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:37 pm

Lounge access with CSR

Hello,

I just got my CSR approved, and traveling soon with a ticket bought a few months ago with my CSP. I was wondering, can I still use priority pass to get lounge access? Or do I have to purchase the tickets with the CSR in order to get lounge access for that specific flight?

Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by jjoe123
Hello,

I just got my CSR approved, and traveling soon with a ticket bought a few months ago with my CSP. I was wondering, can I still use priority pass to get lounge access? Or do I have to purchase the tickets with the CSR in order to get lounge access for that specific flight?

Thanks
A, keep this in the csr thread

B, look up the lounge policy on the priority pass website. They may impose restrictions(boarding pass required, no children, Intl departures only etc), but you don't need to buy flights with csr to get lounge benefits

C, you need to manually activate priority pass benefit on chase benefits page, and get a card in mail within 2 weeks. You need card to enter lounge, can't use phone app, no exceptions typically

D, it's still a toss up on whether guests are free. Need someone to get pass physically (see C) and try

E, all this info is available on the csr thread and on multiple blogs

F, you might want to keep your csp and not downgrade yet (trip delay/cancellation is on your csp, might be void when it downgrade)

Z, ... nope, no more priority pass info

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.